Best clone lineup for defense

Note: Not including Ahsoka as an option since that pulls her from the Padme squad and doesn’t seem to add a ton.

Best clone lineup for defense 47 votes

Shaak Ti lead, Fives, Echo, Rex, zBarriss
12%
CindaveWarGuy101RMCPresariaSalatious_ScrumAngrygreek101 6 votes
Rex lead, Shaak Ti, Fives Echo, zBarriss
6%
Ikky2winCrizKaindell 3 votes
Shaak Ti lead, Echo, Fives, Rex, + Sargent or Cody
44%
BlargwaharRavenclawsTreeburnerAgemistYoloNOT19KyJoe_CoolDrazharSwitcherooRon_ONeal35DarthFor4ceXxDougyDougyxXSlothmasterKokieStickMasterJediBrianKanakArrchampionjdye777JDK1982FrankDrebin 21 votes
Rex lead, Shaak Ti, Fives, Echo, + Sargent or Cody
6%
OlddumperCahhmaktRomanPasseo 3 votes
Other
29%
VinniarthJacenRoeNori703Nova44CaiaphasNateoAscetic_MonkfishRoxasXionDinotank46SefiirikookSylForge006Lachie_1SupremeAstroTbstratigist 14 votes

Replies

• Options
    For those that voted other, what are you using?
  • Options
    Kinda depends what you think your enemy is gonna have for it. If the enemy is gonna use something like CLS (will shoot first and stun rex), then Rex (L), zBarriss, Fives, Echo, Shaak (or if your Shaak is poorly geared zzR2 works great in that slot). That team also works great against Geos.

If you think they're not gonna be able to outspeed you, and won't be attacking and critting as much (slower, debuff heavy, less crit reliant teams) I think Shaak Ti lead is better, in which case I like to put in a 4th Clone to give them an even bigger offensive bonus from Shaak Ti's lead. Clone Sergeant is better than Cody in almost every single lineup from my experience. He's tankier and hits harder and gets a lot of TM from his basic attack and his AOE removes TM. Cody just dies so fast and doesn't do nearly as much damage even with his mass assist.
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Kinda depends what you think your enemy is gonna have for it. If the enemy is gonna use something like CLS (will shoot first and stun rex), then Rex (L), zBarriss, Fives, Echo, Shaak (or if your Shaak is poorly geared zzR2 works great in that slot). That team also works great against Geos.

If you think they're not gonna be able to outspeed you, and won't be attacking and critting as much (slower, debuff heavy, less crit reliant teams) I think Shaak Ti lead is better, in which case I like to put in a 4th Clone to give them an even bigger offensive bonus from Shaak Ti's lead. Clone Sergeant is better than Cody in almost every single lineup from my experience. He's tankier and hits harder and gets a lot of TM from his basic attack and his AOE removes TM. Cody just dies so fast and doesn't do nearly as much damage even with his mass assist.

What about the first team makes them reliable for killing geos. I’ve got smashed by geos with shaak lead so I’m curious. Is it the rex lead ?
  • Options
    Rex lead giving TM on crits helps you act and zBarris giving heal on crits helps you staying alive
  • Slothmaster
    247 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Metasly wrote: »
    Rex lead giving TM on crits helps you act and zBarris giving heal on crits helps you staying alive

^ every time they do anything there will be at least 5 attacks on your characters (more with a Geonosian Brute alive). 5 crits = 100% heals for the target and 75% turn meter for the team.
  • Options
    Barris wrecks so many counters. I tried my g13 rhan and g13 Chewbacca vs one and couldn’t dent fives. Ever time rhan used his basic, I’d heal fives 60% and feed everyone 45% tm.
  • Options
    Rex lead, Echo, Fives, R2, Zarris is also good.
  • Options
    Other
    I voted other, and use the above ^

Rex, Echo, Fives (health modded), R2, xBarriss
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I’m not a fan of r2 on the team just because he’s useful in so many other teams. I use him on my Jtr team, typically to take out bh squads and slower geo squads. I have him modded for high crit chance so his aoe typically lands expose on the entire team and then I can constantly drain tm. Often times bh and geos never get a turn between the constant tm removal, mind tricks, and Finn’s stun.
  • Options
    Well, from my experience you should get Rex as fast as you can to pop that tenacity up. I know that is important for me
  • Options
    Other
    Shak lead with Rex fives echo and Ahsoka
  • Options
    Other
    Rex, Fives, Echo, Zarris and Thrawn.
  • Options
    Other
    jz1bpi3iwzl2.png

This is the team I run in Squad Arena. Thrawn is a must to control Malak. If I had JKA at G13 I’d probably be using him though. In GAC I’d use Clone Sgt or R2 instead of Thrawn
  • Options
    Other
    ZRex, sarge, fives, echo and wampa
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Other
    Is there any Clones related team that Malak can't solo? Apparently Shak Ti, Clones and Anakin make it harder, but still Malak will solo them
  • Options
    FWIW this squad beat my Padme squad yesterday (I can also beat it on offense):

ozr9cd34ls0y.jpg

Clones might be a thing... at least to a point.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Is there any Clones related team that Malak can't solo? Apparently Shak Ti, Clones and Anakin make it harder, but still Malak will solo them

I honestly don’t think you have to worry about Malak soloing clones. In GAC your opponent would have to split off Malak from their DR team in the hope you place your clones on defense, then if you don’t, they’ve made their DR team much easier to kill. Not to mention for most people it would require remodding for more tenacity and if you’re using Malak in arena then you’d have to set up a special mod set for GAC/TW. A few people might do all that but I can’t see it being widespread.
  • Options
    Situationally yes. But not 100% of the time. Both rex and anakin are capable of killing Malak.
  • Lachie_1
    104 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Other
    Stick wrote: »
    Situationally yes. But not 100% of the time. Both rex and anakin are capable of killing Malak.

Rex can’t even come close to beating Malak.. my Rex is G13 R4 and even with Fives’ extra offence after dying off, Rex can’t kill a Malak.

Malak takes reduces % based damage - like Rex’s second special, AA.

Edit: grammar
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Yep. That’s true. I apparently can’t read either because I keep forgetting we are taking about a defence team where the computer is controlling it. Just forget I said anything.