Compensation for Cheating Victims?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Am I the only one who doesnt believe CG cares about cheating?

They care, they just can't stop it and don't have the resources to investigate every single instance with accuracy.

Interesting... hundreds of millions of dollars isn’t enough resources to investigate cheaters...? What would be enough?

They have the resources. They don’t have the will.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    You do realize that there are other events and game modes in this game and that cheating at one doesnt mean they cheat in any other ones.
    Why wouldn't you cheat in GAC if you had a cheat hack? I wouldn't believe anyone who said they only cheated in one area of the game, a cheater is a cheater and there is no 'shades of grey' here.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    You do realize that there are other events and game modes in this game and that cheating at one doesnt mean they cheat in any other ones.
    Why wouldn't you cheat in GAC if you had a cheat hack? I wouldn't believe anyone who said they only cheated in one area of the game, a cheater is a cheater and there is no 'shades of grey' here.

With all the talk about cheating in GAC, it is not that far fetched that someone who may use it, may not use it there.

I agree they are a cheater no matter what, but that doesn't mean they use it 100% of the time.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Broxxor wrote: »
    I won't get into specifics, but among the information I provided was a screenshot of him bragging in discord about cheating. lol
    I could go to Discord and claim to be the Pope. Doesn't make it true. :D

Not saying the individual did or did not cheat, just that snapshots of online chats aren't exactly strong evidence in themselves because anyone can claim anything.

Yeah, because I would want to lie and say I'm cheating (if I really weren't) in an open forum on the chance I might get reported. Smart.
  • TVF
    36831 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

They care, they just can't stop it and don't have the resources to investigate every single instance with accuracy.

Interesting... hundreds of millions of dollars isn’t enough resources to investigate cheaters...? What would be enough?

I like how you left out key words like "stop it" and "every single instance" and "with accuracy."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I like how you left out key words like "stop it" and "every single instance" and "with accuracy."

Ok... how’s this?

They do have the resources to stop it by using some portion of the hundreds of millions of dollars of income to investigate every single instance of cheating, with accuracy. However, instead of acknowledging that generally accepted corporate ethics would dictate that they use whatever resources necessary to protect the integrity of the game and mitigate the impact of cheating on their customers, they continue to choose to pay out maximum shareholder dividends.

Better? Personally, I thought my previous post was more succinct while the inclusion of the quoted text implied that I acknowledged the terms of the argument. I guess not. But, I hope that clarifies things.
  • TVF
    36831 posts Member
    Options

Ok... how’s this?

They do have the resources to stop it by using some portion of the hundreds of millions of dollars of income to investigate every single instance of cheating, with accuracy. However, instead of acknowledging that generally accepted corporate ethics would dictate that they use whatever resources necessary to protect the integrity of the game and mitigate the impact of cheating on their customers, they continue to choose to pay out maximum shareholder dividends.

Better? Personally, I thought my previous post was more succinct while the inclusion of the quoted text implied that I acknowledged the terms of the argument. I guess not. But, I hope that clarifies things.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions.
  • Options

Ok... how’s this?

And you are insinuating that whatever I may have assumed has no basis. What’s your point?
  • TVF
    36831 posts Member
    Options

Ok... how’s this?

And you are insinuating that whatever I may have assumed has no basis. What’s your point?

My point is you have no way to know any of this. And I'm guessing this is where the conversation ends.
  • Options

Ok... how’s this?

My point is you have no way to know any of this. And I'm guessing this is where the conversation ends.

So your point is ... an assumption? Well, at least we agree that this is where the conversation ends. Have a great day.
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    At one point, during the original postings - it was said that cheating victims would be compensated and brought back to whole. I can't seem to find that anymore (the posts have been edited and either that line has been removed or I'm looking at the wrong post).

Personally, I had a run-in with someone who was found to be cheating (they were reported, and have not logged in since and have been removed from their guild). So I'm confident and glad that the system is at least working.

However, because of that loss (which would have been a win, he beat me 1916 to 1904), I will now be missing Kyber league by 91 total points.

Are the people who get screwed over by people hacking the game just SOL?

I reported a cheater in GAC and he as proven guild. I also got compensation from CG. I also know about another person getting it, since we reported the same player and worked in tandem reporting him.
    As many already saw after preseason, a few of top players from Div 1 ranking got banned.
    I've been a huge critic of CG's recent actions, but they done me right in this case, props to them.