Need Advice: Which meta to farm next?

Greetings,
as I am finishing my last character for JTR soon, I am looking forward to farmer the current meta. But there is the problem: I had a break of one and a half year (til April) and therefore I had no chance to activate some of the characters needed for DR of JKR, this means I have to start from the beginning to farm all those characters.

Currently I have a good base for a Galactic republic squad (Padmé 5* but g10, GK g12, Ashoka g11, but Anakin 4* g7). I am also nearly finished with my bugs (all 4 regular ones are finished, Brut is missing).

Here is my SWGoH.gg account: 776-273-385

I am happy for any suggestion.

Thanks for your advice.
Regards.
SWGoH

Replies

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    JoPrime wrote: »
    Greetings,
    as I am finishing my last character for JTR soon, I am looking forward to farmer the current meta. But there is the problem: I had a break of one and a half year (til April) and therefore I had no chance to activate some of the characters needed for DR of JKR, this means I have to start from the beginning to farm all those characters.

Currently I have a good base for a Galactic republic squad (Padmé 5* but g10, GK g12, Ashoka g11, but Anakin 4* g7). I am also nearly finished with my bugs (all 4 regular ones are finished, Brut is missing).

Thanks for your advice.
    Regards.

My advice is the 501st. Its has the feelings of being the next meta, but it's just my guess.
  • Options
    No one knows. Heck, we're pretty certain there will be a meta, but who knows. Maybe there won't be.

If I had to put my crazy money anywhere, it would be Galactic Republic. Anakin, Padmae, Kenobie (new one incoming?), Mace (Re-work incoming?)+ 1 (LS GEO?) in some way or another.

I hedged my bets. I got a 501st crew all G13 and shaak ti to G12, with the mats to go to G13 if needed.

I got Padmae and Anakin to G13 and Mace has the gear to go to G12.

Be ready for anything!

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I started an alt specifically to Relic IG-86, which is the next meta toon. Confirmed!

Stun guns!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    It’s probably galactic republic with the next Malak style event
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Greetings,

Thanks for your advice.
    Regards.

My advice is the 501st. Its has the feelings of being the next meta, but it's just my guess.

No meta lead has 2 zetas. They have 3 The fact Shaak ti has 2 and that lead will be swapping out, I am expecting Anakin to have only 2 zetas.

I'd look further down the road. They mentioned a Malak style event. 2 things..they never announced that event until 2 days or 3 days prior. And it lasted for just a few days.

Think about what we had to go through just to get to Malak to finish off the Kotor era.

That will probably be the standard going forward for meta teams. And yeah, 1 of them we will need to finish through GET.

That's my guess. I don't see any event with the 501st requiring us to finish in GET. I think rather, you're going to need them for LS GEO and the next big meta event.

That's just me and my crazy thinking.

EDIT* Scratch all of this. It's almost... almost like we have another GAC to get through before a new character release. If they're being mindful of how relics will play out. Gahh who knows.... this game is kinda stalling out a lot... like, hmmm...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

No meta lead has 2 zetas. They have 3 The fact Shaak ti has 2 and that lead will be swapping out, I am expecting Anakin to have only 2 zetas.

Journey characters have 3 zetas, and to date are the only ones with 3. Journey characters also tend to be meta, but that doesn't mean we can't get a non-journey meta lead. Traya, for example, was meta for a while with 2 zetas.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Greetings,

Thanks for your advice.
    Regards.

I'd look further down the road. They mentioned a Malak style event. 2 things..they never announced that event until 2 days or 3 days prior. And it lasted for just a few days.

Think about what we had to go through just to get to Malak to finish off the Kotor era.

That will probably be the standard going forward for meta teams. And yeah, 1 of them we will need to finish through GET.

That's my guess. I don't see any event with the 501st requiring us to finish in GET. I think rather, you're going to need them for LS GEO and the next big meta event.

That's just me and my crazy thinking.

EDIT* Scratch all of this. It's almost... almost like we have another GAC to get through before a new character release. If they're being mindful of how relics will play out. Gahh who knows.... this game is kinda stalling out a lot... like, hmmm...

Too much to read but she is NOT 501st
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

Journey characters have 3 zetas, and to date are the only ones with 3. Journey characters also tend to be meta, but that doesn't mean we can't get a non-journey meta lead. Traya, for example, was meta for a while with 2 zetas.

Fair enough. Trea definitely controlled the meta prior to Revan. 2 Zetas.

However, I see the standard as 3 these days. And if switching out Shaak ti with 2 zetas, do you see them replacing with 3? That team, and I have them all G13 is fun. But they have weaknesses I'm not sure, well...yeah a triple zeta would fix.

Though, doesn't something feel off with Padmae? I've said it before. She reminds me a lot of Bastila Shan when she first came out. Her lead was arguable the best for jedi at the time.

I think we could make that argument for Padmae and Galactic Republic right now?
    But it's not meta defining. Like, something is off. Anakin and Padmae and--something more here... I think.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

I miss the traya days
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    My best advice to you is to farm either jkr req or darth revan requirements with free energy only or few crystals for refreshes for now while stockpiling crystals.

The 501st and seps aren't hard node toons so farm them from the stores.

Then when the meta drops, you have some crystals for panic gearing or farming. Will it be enough? Probably not if you haven't been saving at this point. But when you find out what it is put all focus into that until you're ready. Then you will get it the 2nd time. And once you're ready go back to jkr or darth revan since they are good toons.

And if it's still awhile before the meta shifts (which it may be since there aren't a lot of marques to farm) you'll have made progress towards another good team.
  • Options
    Currently more teams than ever can compete for 1st place. If you go all in on any team right now that was a previous meta it might have a shot.