What to do with JTR?

Hey,
As I will be able to unlock JTR when show comes around this time I am currently thinking about what to do with her. As soon as I get a legendary character I bring them to G12 and give them their Zeta abilities. This is the same I would do with her (G12 and 2of 3 zetas). That is a great amount of costs and therefore I am not certain if I should really do it, because I don’t think that I have a team to put her in.

By the way what are her advantages after all making her to an important toon?

Regards.
SWGoH

Replies

• Options
    She is amazing in PvE (her lead solos HAAT with the right team, leads best P1 HSTR team) but as far as PvP is concerned, CG has pretty much allowed Resistance to fall into the First Order and Bounty Hunter category - can be underestimated if modded well and you don’t go at them with a strong enough team but easily handled at the same time. I’ve got a full G12 Resistance lineup including JTR and though I don’t regret it only because of what they’ve done for me in the PvE realm and because I think they’re going to be META in about 3 months, they’re pretty worthless for PvP as of late.
  • Options
    If you already field a decent arena team then go for it. Massive damage in P1 HSith, solo HAAT, easy solo Rancor. Can 6/6 any node in Hoth TB. Can wipe most teams in GA/TW. Just don't put them on defence.
  • Options
    JoPrime wrote: »
    By the way what are her advantages after all making her to an important toon?

Regards.

Do you mean flagging her in the roster screen as an important character?

Assuming that's what you mean, it pops her to the very top of your roster so you can more easily see when there are abilities to be upgraded or gear to be added. Also when you're scrolling through shops any salvage that she needs for her current gear level will be flagged so you can more-easily identify and buy it.

I wouldn't say there's any advantage to marking someone as important (As I said--assuming this was what you were asking) but it's definitely a quality of life improvement that makes things easier.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Hey,
    thanks for your replies.

@Slaveen,
    when a new meta arrives, it could also be that a new Rey will be added or they remove the Training from our current Rey, but it think that a new Rey is most likely or a complete new meta (dark side with snoke?)

@Vendi1983,
    with my current arena team (CLS) I beat Rey every time, so there you are right, she would be a good addition to my Arena Offense team. Thanks.

@NicWester,
    I meant her advantages with her abilities to fight. But you are right, it makes things easier 😁.

Thank you all for your replies. I think that I now have a good picture of what to do with her. But I am not certain if I have the right squad to put her in. (My swgoh.gg profile https://swgoh.gg/p/776273385/ .)
    Regards.
    SWGoH
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Her lead zeta is absolutely necessary. It's what makes her work.

The others are optional, though Insight is pretty good. I can't see myself ever bothering with the sometimes-auto-cleanse one since I already run R2 with her and Combat Analysis takes care of debuffs.

They are still strong on offense in PVP, able to take down mostly anything other than Traya-and-later meta teams. They do kind of suck on defense though. They are also tough to beat for raid damage.

As far as being PVP dominant when the next movie hits, I would guess that if that does happen we'll probably have to unlock a new "Jedi Master Rey" or something rather than the old characters suddenly becoming awesome.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png