Remember way back when new toons were introduced by daily login?

Long time player here - I keep thinking back to the good old days when new toons were introduced into the game by daily login - IIRC, Wedge, TFP, maybe FOTP and a couple others came in this way... K2SO was a funny way to bring him in - available to only Android users for a little while - lol - anway...

I don't mind the events for new toons, it's whatever, but I think it would be cool to see this again:

I'm not saying a full 7* toon by the end of the month - maybe so. Maybe a 5 or 6* toon at the end of the month, then a 85, then 100 shard pack for the whales after that so they can stomp all over us for a little bit before it being released into general population.

Depending on how good the toon is, might get folks amped up about it.

Replies

• Options
    Wedge as daily login only gave you 30/ 80 shards, so you had to spend to unlock him immediately
  • Options
    makes sense - I don't remember everything about it exactly. more about the premise than anything else these days. all new toons are usually released via event and either super hard (Chewie, 3PO, etc) or super easy and placed in farmland to slog it out forever (Brood Alpha, Shaak Ti, etc).

Just thinking it might be a cool mix-it-up thing instead of seeing Poggle for a month.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    You would only ever get 30 shards. So it's on par with a marquee.

But I remember the Bistan and Pathfinder events where you could earn an extra shard each day.

It'd be interesting to see a new toon pop up as a login close after release.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It'd be interesting to see a new toon pop up as a login close after release.

This would be cool as well

• Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    I like marquee over daily login. I can immediately play the toon and gear him/her up and can estimate when it will be farmable

Waiting 3 weeks to activate that same toon through logging in seems boring
  • Options
    I just would have preferred a different Geo.
    Soldier or Sun Fac

• Options
    oh yeah I member! they don't do that anymore.