REconcider letting hoth and Geo Tb run at same time.

1235Next

Replies

  • Ironjehoshaphat
    180 posts Member
    edited October 9
    the choosing isnt a good idea. lots of guild want the completion and more normal currency while alot other member dont want sacrifice not getting kenobi ship or wat shards.

    Geo takes twice as long to do i dont see what problem is other then you dont want us to have too much currency and my question is why not? i dont see it breaking the game

    Why not Both?

    CG has stated on making the gear climb “easier” in reference to newer players. Why not let both TBs be a way to ease the gear crunch?

    Edit:
    I was hopeful CG would remove GET1 from Geo TB and allow both to run concurrently. GET1 for Hoth - GET2 for Geo.
  • Why does it have to be both at the same time? Maybe just have a special event every month or so in conjunction with the Geo TB where playing Hoth TB is mandatory/available and sim-able after full stars have been achieved. That way it doesn't disrupt normal flow of Get TB, it doesn't flood the economy with too many GET1s(just a small bump every month), and it doesn't add much extra time expectations from officers.
  • Exletion wrote: »
    Why does it have to be both at the same time? Maybe just have a special event every month or so in conjunction with the Geo TB where playing Hoth TB is mandatory/available and sim-able after full stars have been achieved. That way it doesn't disrupt normal flow of Get TB, it doesn't flood the economy with too many GET1s(just a small bump every month), and it doesn't add much extra time expectations from officers.

    I don’t care when both TBs can be played. I just want to play and receive rewards from both.
  • It would be the common sense way to increase gear inflow and add content back into the game. Heck if they're worried about burnout you could even make Hoth simmable, not that I personally want that as I just want to be able to play what was my favourite part of the game again and not have to only choose half of it.
  • wogitalia wrote: »
    Heck if they're worried about burnout you could even make Hoth simmable

    I don't know if making Hoth simmable would be the best idea. If a guild has already gotten 45/48 stars, does that mean the rewards just show up in the inbox? This doesn't "feel" right but I could be wrong. If this ever happens, believe me, I won't complain.

    An alternate idea, to speed things up would be, allow a guild to move on to the next phase as soon as they get max stars in the phase they are in. No need to wait 24 hours for the next phase.
  • LendersQuiz
    204 posts Member
    edited October 10
    Exletion wrote: »
    Why does it have to be both at the same time? Maybe just have a special event every month or so in conjunction with the Geo TB where playing Hoth TB is mandatory/available and sim-able after full stars have been achieved. That way it doesn't disrupt normal flow of Get TB, it doesn't flood the economy with too many GET1s(just a small bump every month), and it doesn't add much extra time expectations from officers.

    This is sorta what I said earlier.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1974577/#Comment_1974577

    and I would also add to my points from my previous post:
    • Some players are interested in acquiring Rebel Officer Leia Organa and Imperial Probe Droid shards without having to spend the more valuable GET2 currency..
    • Because Hermit Yoda, Wampa, Malak and now General Skywalker all need GET1 currency, there is an ever greater need to play Hoth TBs as they provide much more GET1 currency.
  • We need them both now more then ever if you ask me. With GAS incoming this hurts everyone including whales. Give us both or run a TB every week not two a month.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    He's not trolling and I agree with him

    I'd rather we don't have two TB's running simultaneously because once you are Geo TB ready, Hoth TB no longer serves its purpose. Its outdated, and not a challenge anymore

    I don't want a second TB running because it is hard enough to get 50 people to participate and do all their combats in one TB with a 36 hour timer.

    CG has given Geo TB a reward pool with accounting for the lack of Hoth TB. If we were to run both simultaneously, reward prize pool for both TBs would be readjusted so that we would get the same amount

    And I don't want to do extra effort for the same resource pool

    Also, personally speaking, I am doing a fantastic job of utilizing my limited resources, while my opponents (GAC / Squad Arena) are not as effective, so I like that we don't have a huge influx of gear because I have a stronger advantage since I'm making smarter decisions and this is a resource management game.

    I don’t care if you agree with him he is trolling... he trolls every single post as a CG apologists. There’s nothing wrong with having an adverse opinion but there’s also no need to insert yourself with negativity into every thread. He is definition troll.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Naver666 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    As an officer, yes please. This allows everyone in my guild to get stronger at a more progressive rate allowing the new geo Tb to be more accessible.

    Glad someone gets it. it literally helps everyone.

    Doesn't help me.

    Don't get it. How not?

    Because I trust my ability to manage resources more than anyone who is complaining they don't have enough.

    So it would still help you... the more resources you have to manage the better you’ll be... why are you always such a troll?

    Why don't you read it again?

    It says the same thing I guess you forgot to edit it or something? Like I stated it helps you more than hurts you.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    He's not trolling and I agree with him

    I'd rather we don't have two TB's running simultaneously because once you are Geo TB ready, Hoth TB no longer serves its purpose. Its outdated, and not a challenge anymore

    I don't want a second TB running because it is hard enough to get 50 people to participate and do all their combats in one TB with a 36 hour timer.

    CG has given Geo TB a reward pool with accounting for the lack of Hoth TB. If we were to run both simultaneously, reward prize pool for both TBs would be readjusted so that we would get the same amount

    And I don't want to do extra effort for the same resource pool

    Also, personally speaking, I am doing a fantastic job of utilizing my limited resources, while my opponents (GAC / Squad Arena) are not as effective, so I like that we don't have a huge influx of gear because I have a stronger advantage since I'm making smarter decisions and this is a resource management game.

    That’s the same argument I don’t see how you getting more to help keep your lead and push you further hurts anyone else. It moves the bar the same amount for everyone but it allows people to utilize more teams in pve combat effectively which in turn helps everyone more. I don’t see the trick that you’re not understanding here.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Naver666 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    As an officer, yes please. This allows everyone in my guild to get stronger at a more progressive rate allowing the new geo Tb to be more accessible.

    Glad someone gets it. it literally helps everyone.

    Doesn't help me.

    Don't get it. How not?

    Because I trust my ability to manage resources more than anyone who is complaining they don't have enough.

    So it would still help you... the more resources you have to manage the better you’ll be... why are you always such a troll?

    Why don't you read it again?

    It says the same thing I guess you forgot to edit it or something? Like I stated it helps you more than hurts you.

    I didn't forget to edit anything. You're just not getting the point I'm making. It's as plain as it can be made. If you read it twice and still don't get it, I can't explain it any more than I already have.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Naver666 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    As an officer, yes please. This allows everyone in my guild to get stronger at a more progressive rate allowing the new geo Tb to be more accessible.

    Glad someone gets it. it literally helps everyone.

    Doesn't help me.

    Don't get it. How not?

    Because I trust my ability to manage resources more than anyone who is complaining they don't have enough.

    So it would still help you... the more resources you have to manage the better you’ll be... why are you always such a troll?

    Why don't you read it again?

    It says the same thing I guess you forgot to edit it or something? Like I stated it helps you more than hurts you.

    I didn't forget to edit anything. You're just not getting the point I'm making. It's as plain as it can be made. If you read it twice and still don't get it, I can't explain it any more than I already have.

    You’re not making any point other than the fact that you think you’re better and there’s some sort of skill to this game. There’s a strategy and some are better than others but you don’t have any sort of skill when it comes to this. My point is your strategy works for you but that’s based on you spending money/being in the game longer/good rng. Giving others the opportunity to succeed where you have already doesn’t hurt you it’s just you being selfish.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    He's not trolling and I agree with him

    I'd rather we don't have two TB's running simultaneously because once you are Geo TB ready, Hoth TB no longer serves its purpose. Its outdated, and not a challenge anymore

    I don't want a second TB running because it is hard enough to get 50 people to participate and do all their combats in one TB with a 36 hour timer.

    CG has given Geo TB a reward pool with accounting for the lack of Hoth TB. If we were to run both simultaneously, reward prize pool for both TBs would be readjusted so that we would get the same amount

    And I don't want to do extra effort for the same resource pool

    Also, personally speaking, I am doing a fantastic job of utilizing my limited resources, while my opponents (GAC / Squad Arena) are not as effective, so I like that we don't have a huge influx of gear because I have a stronger advantage since I'm making smarter decisions and this is a resource management game.

    no it wouldn't. Raids dont split their rewards you can have x3 running a day some days. and you have long history of trolling along with TVF so no doubt you agree with him. and if its no longer a challenge why would you have to delegate anything, they do it or they dont do it. there 0 reason to sweat Hoth if your doing Geo. most of them can be autod. nor should rewards be lowered if you do both, your working for that currency. full stop.
    No. Just No.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    He's not trolling and I agree with him

    I'd rather we don't have two TB's running simultaneously because once you are Geo TB ready, Hoth TB no longer serves its purpose. Its outdated, and not a challenge anymore

    I don't want a second TB running because it is hard enough to get 50 people to participate and do all their combats in one TB with a 36 hour timer.

    CG has given Geo TB a reward pool with accounting for the lack of Hoth TB. If we were to run both simultaneously, reward prize pool for both TBs would be readjusted so that we would get the same amount

    And I don't want to do extra effort for the same resource pool

    Also, personally speaking, I am doing a fantastic job of utilizing my limited resources, while my opponents (GAC / Squad Arena) are not as effective, so I like that we don't have a huge influx of gear because I have a stronger advantage since I'm making smarter decisions and this is a resource management game.

    I don’t care if you agree with him he is trolling... he trolls every single post as a CG apologists. There’s nothing wrong with having an adverse opinion but there’s also no need to insert yourself with negativity into every thread. He is definition troll.

    Chewy is correct.
    No. Just No.
  • Liath
    4606 posts Member
    Many guilds doing Geo would still need to manage deployments and hound nonparticipants to maximize stars in Hoth. Saying there is zero reason to sweat Hoth if you’re doing Geo is just completely wrong.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Naver666 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    As an officer, yes please. This allows everyone in my guild to get stronger at a more progressive rate allowing the new geo Tb to be more accessible.

    Glad someone gets it. it literally helps everyone.

    Doesn't help me.

    Don't get it. How not?

    Because I trust my ability to manage resources more than anyone who is complaining they don't have enough.

    So it would still help you... the more resources you have to manage the better you’ll be... why are you always such a troll?

    Why don't you read it again?

    It says the same thing I guess you forgot to edit it or something? Like I stated it helps you more than hurts you.

    I didn't forget to edit anything. You're just not getting the point I'm making. It's as plain as it can be made. If you read it twice and still don't get it, I can't explain it any more than I already have.

    You’re not making any point other than the fact that you think you’re better and there’s some sort of skill to this game.

    Correct and correct.
    There’s a strategy and some are better than others but you don’t have any sort of skill when it comes to this.

    Correct, correct, and incorrect.
    My point is your strategy works for you but that’s based on you spending money/being in the game longer/good rng. Giving others the opportunity to succeed where you have already doesn’t hurt you it’s just you being selfish.

    Incorrect/incorrect/incorrect, incorrect, correct.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    @Chewy88 I responded but the spam filter ate it and I don't care to respond again. Basically, you were incorrect about most of the things you said. However, you are correct, I think I manage my resources better, that was the whole point of my post. And you're correct that it's selfish of me.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • GET1 is involved and I believe my 230 mil GP guild would not mind doing both. Alternating like someone else mentioned. That way we still have something to do. We don't do much now. Longest are GEO TB battles. Everything else done within minutes. To include GAC, arenas, events.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Many guilds doing Geo would still need to manage deployments and hound nonparticipants to maximize stars in Hoth. Saying there is zero reason to sweat Hoth if you’re doing Geo is just completely wrong.

    Its not Wrong at all, you get it or you dont. some guild will want micromanage to get max some wont. its really not hard at all. but thats how alot you forums guys are love make mountains out of Mole hills
    No. Just No.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Well argued lol.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    4606 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Many guilds doing Geo would still need to manage deployments and hound nonparticipants to maximize stars in Hoth. Saying there is zero reason to sweat Hoth if you’re doing Geo is just completely wrong.

    Its not Wrong at all, you get it or you dont. some guild will want micromanage to get max some wont. its really not hard at all. but thats how alot you forums guys are love make mountains out of Mole hills

    Some will some won’t is very far from your statement that there is zero reason to do so. Maybe you wouldn’t choose to do so, and don’t understand that that’s not remotely the same thing.
  • CG should make a survey and let the player's decide for once. Both TB Concurrently, Both but alternating weeks, or keep it as is.
  • leef
    12845 posts Member
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Giving others the opportunity to succeed where you have already doesn’t hurt you it’s just you being selfish.

    Actually, not giving you the option to play both TBs at the same time hurts the players who've succeeded already, doing both TBs at the same time would benefit those players way more than it would benefit you. So if anything it's unselfish (assuming that guy you quoted has succeeded and you haven't).
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • In any case; whether it's a silly idea, fair, unfair, good or bad for the game economy etc. etc. It's still lost content. I enjoyed the theme and the battles for HTB; it's a shame it's been essentially deleted from the game because my guild has progressed too far(yes I understand technically we can go back, but what guild is going to willingly shoot themselves in the progressional foot pertaining to GET2s for funsies).
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    if you cant handle that cuz your so busy with doing nothing then idk what to tell you lmao.

    Well, I dont know what you are busy with in your life, maybe with doing nothing, but I am I usually busy with other things than playing swgoh. As well as many other people in my guild.

    Why then choosing between Geo, LHoth and DHoth? We may have 3 TB and tripple as much currensy) And 2-3 TW too, so we may have more zetas. Purfect! For someone...

    Ok dude. So worst case you and the officers can't keep up and choose to only focus on geo. Guess what??? You still get extra rewards for doing both, even if it isn't a perfect run.
  • thats right you start it up and go do it, what gets done, gets done. hoth needs 0 work by officers at all
    No. Just No.
  • leef
    12845 posts Member
    thats right you start it up and go do it, what gets done, gets done. hoth needs 0 work by officers at all

    What's the name of the guild you're in?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lio wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    I'd rather the Hoth TB run during the TW week rather than during the Geo TB.

    So a week with two events then a week with none?

    That would go over well.

    You still have tw in the off week.

    What?

    :"Hoth TB run during the TW week"

    Unless they want to run both TB, which has been stated won't happen.

    The whole point of this thread is to try to get them to run both. I'm saying if you run both have the Geo one week then have Hoth and TW the next. I really didn't think it was that complicated.

    So people who are doing Geo right now see no change.

    And people doing Hoth have a week with "too much to do" and then a week with "nothing to do."

    Sounds like no change for some people and worse for others. Not exactly a winner.

    No, people running Geo have Geo one week then Hoth and TW the next. It's not that difficult to understand dude.

    Let me know when they're ready to double your rewards.

    And let me know how you know I'm a dude, dude.

    Let me know when you're able to understand the basic premise of this thread dude.

    Ah, the old you-disagree-with-me-so-obviously-you-are-stupid argument

    No it's the old "TVF isn't replying to what I'm saying, he's replying to the unrelated stuff he thinks I'm saying" argument. I explained to him multiple times what I'm saying and he still doesn't seem to understand my point.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    I'd rather the Hoth TB run during the TW week rather than during the Geo TB.

    So a week with two events then a week with none?

    That would go over well.

    You still have tw in the off week.

    What?

    :"Hoth TB run during the TW week"

    Unless they want to run both TB, which has been stated won't happen.

    The whole point of this thread is to try to get them to run both. I'm saying if you run both have the Geo one week then have Hoth and TW the next. I really didn't think it was that complicated.

    So people who are doing Geo right now see no change.

    And people doing Hoth have a week with "too much to do" and then a week with "nothing to do."

    Sounds like no change for some people and worse for others. Not exactly a winner.

    No, people running Geo have Geo one week then Hoth and TW the next. It's not that difficult to understand dude.

    Let me know when they're ready to double your rewards.

    And let me know how you know I'm a dude, dude.

    Let me know when you're able to understand the basic premise of this thread dude.

    Ah, the old you-disagree-with-me-so-obviously-you-are-stupid argument

    No it's the old "TVF isn't replying to what I'm saying, he's replying to the unrelated stuff he thinks I'm saying" argument. I explained to him multiple times what I'm saying and he still doesn't seem to understand my point.

    I understand it fine. The basic premise of this thread is as stated in the OP:
    the choosing isnt a good idea. lots of guild want the completion and more normal currency while alot other member dont want sacrifice not getting kenobi ship or wat shards.
    Geo takes twice as long to do i dont see what problem is other then you dont want us to have too much currency and my question is why not? i dont see it breaking the game
    Why not Both?

    The OP wants double rewards. You are the one who said I don't understand the basic premise of the thread. The OP stated they want double rewards. You said you want Geo one week and Hoth the next. Which doubles the rewards. So you agree with the OP. I said to let me know when the devs will be ready to double your rewards, and you claimed I don't understand the basic premise of the thread.

    You are wrong. Full stop.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio wrote: »
    As much as I'd love getting extra rewards.... it'd be a nightmare for officers. It'd also be a nightmare for some players who would view having to participate in both as tedious.

    Honestly if you are a guild that is capable of doing GEO TB, would a Hoth TB really be that hard to coordinate? It's much easier and even if it's not well coordinated you still get extra rewards. Let Hoth be a free for all, even if you did poorly you still get extra free stuff right?
Sign In or Register to comment.