New Meta: if you could start farming one toon, who would it be?

bigspring78
99 posts Member
edited March 2016
Agnostic to GW, Arena, hard nodes, etc. Out of the farmable toons, who would you start working on today? It sounds like we will have at least a couple weeks to start working.

I'm going with Boba Fett.

Replies

• Options
    I'm thinking Fett too. Maybe 5s... I'm definitely stocking up on cantina credits because they are so hard to acquire, I'd rather not gamble
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    That's a good point, never a bad idea to horde.
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    Phasma
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Rex?
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    Fives... Fett if you need a leader, if you have phasma get Kylo.... And fives. In cantina missions and shop. Dooku took a dive I stopped on him, GS is still good... In cantina I opened Daka working her gear, fives is 6* working on 7* my QGJ is 4* as is my Poe. I started chasing the meta and finally decided on aiming for my own team idea fives is in it.
  • Eleiem
    334 posts Member
    Options
    Fives, but I'll keep going with Ashoka.
  • Options
    Think Yoda still worth getting ? Since this game is about AI, he is not going to be good since the AI is not "I"
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Going for Teebo. It's gonna be annoying as hell not being able to focus one guy down
  • Options
    puppyCasey wrote: »
    Think Yoda still worth getting ? Since this game is about AI, he is not going to be good since the AI is not "I"

Have a hard time envisioning someone as exclusive as Yoda being rendered useless only a month or so after so many people acquiring.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I didn't put forth the effort on Jedi, next event I will be able to get 7* yoda. But, I don't see yoda being very useful with his low health and defense going forward. But I want him anyway just for it being yoda. I think speed and damage will still hold till everything is worked out. However, I think for sure health and armor will have an effect in the new update. Plo koon had the highest armor rating, and I am sure teebo will see more and more use making plo koon a leader option forcing a fix to him as well. While I current meta speed and damage as well as assists is king. It's my opinion that health and armor will become just as important. It's my belief that things are about to change dramatically, and major work on the catch up game in meta is going to hurt many. I have invested into phasma and Kylo for many weeks now both about 7* and looks like I played right, i worked on fives reguardless of criticism, GS I am once again working on... And I have Lumi 7* so for the beginning of the new meta I believe I have 3 pieces complete.
  • Options
    Savage
  • Options
    Savage is a good thought, and 1 of several characters I've opted to acquire the shards for. I've done minimal leveling and gearing of him, but could max him out in relatively short order. FOST is another option, however he's a long term project as he's just under 5* for me right now and is relatively slow to farm. Ima-Gun-Di is another option, but again is a long slow grind as he's 1 of only 3 characters I don't have unlocked, along with Veers and Grevous.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    Plo koon another as more will run teebo as well
  • Options
    Han .. Three turn taunt, turn meter benefit, more health or fortitude or whatever, maybe team him with Lumi for her turn over turn health benefit. If he can make it a whole turn then get healed and still taunting your whole team will have gotten an extra turn.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Have Fett at 5* 32/85. Been that way for a long long time. I'll see how he looks after update before I go back to him. Have Fives at 4*, Assaji at 4* as well. Not much, but a little head start if any of them are good
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    As a dolphin, I've finally farmed up a respectable meta team and have finally been taking rank 1 with some consistency (thank you GS) With Defence and tanky characters becoming viable but still no exact information on the matter, I'm starting the Teebo farm. His stealth leader and huge health pool could be very annoying. Hopefully they will release stats and info so we aren't blindly farming and using resources
  • Options
    I'm reading people saying Dooku is going to suck in the new update....did I miss something?
  • Options
    I am currently starring Daka 40/80, GS 5* 40 shard, R. Pilot 3* 20 shard, Phasma 6* halfway 7 Teebo and Han the same. Ewok Elder 5* 15/85.

Finished Poe and Poggle 2 days ago. I am realizing that even if you want to try something new to test it you need it pretty maxed to find out if it is good, and it is always worth it to have a toon for GW
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    I pretty much kept my roster quite diverse... so I won't really be starting on anyone fresh! Anyone who has seen how the game has evolved over the past couple of months knows it's NOT a good or indeed smart idea to stick all your eggs in one basket as it were...

The Events has been the biggest hint that EA/CG doesn't want people just to focus on a small selection of characters
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    I'd say Ewoks, just cuz the new Ewok leader is in the cantina for quick(ish) farming. Too bad my Ewok Elder isn't even 6-star yet. My Ewok scout is halfway to 7.
  • Options
    I feel like chewie is going to be really good after the next update (because he kinda stinks now).
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    I'm reading people saying Dooku is going to suck in the new update....did I miss something?
    People are just speculating since he said that faster characters will generally hit softer now. I doubt they will do much to Dooku since he already hits like a soft pillow, again only speculation. I really hope he's still good, took me quite a while to farm him to 7*
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Plague_Inc wrote: »
    I feel like chewie is going to be really good after the next update (because he kinda stinks now).
    I'm gathering this as well. Thank goodness I spent all that time when I was beginning to get him to 5* haha
  • Options
    I am doing Fett in hard nodes and continuing Ashoka on Cantina buys as well as Kylo on Cantina nodes. I am 1 of the few people who doesn't have Phasma full, so i am picking her back up on GW. Not sure who to go for in Arena, probably Eeth as i still don't have a Yoda.
    I invested a lot into my droids and it looks like they might get a little stronger in the next patch with Fortitude and boosted damage so i am pretty much just getting toons i like or think might be good come next patch like Fett, Phasma and Kylo to give me something else to play besides my droids.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    Options
    lando, since advantage gives guaranteed crit in upcoming update.
  • Options
    Since I have a solid arena lineup and hit #1 more days than not, I'm doing the following.

1. One cantina refresh per day to farm Jedi for yoda
    2. Saving all cantina credits for after update
    3. Two energy refreshes per day to farm hard node on all characters I have 4 or 5*, starting with lead characters from the movies that deserve a place in the meta
    4. Saving all extra crystals so I can farm hard and level fast after the update. Should have at least 10-20k crystals saved with my arena ranking and minimal refreshes.

To answer your question I'm farming Boba, and Anakin, savage, Biggs etc.

Also still farming long term projects like RG, and Ewok elder.

The more guys you can unlock and get to 4 or 5 star the closer you will be to being competitive in the arena after the update. I'd rather have a bunch of 4 or 5* guys than dumping resources and gambling on a couple 7* guys that may not be good in the coming update
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options
    I've got a roster of about 20-25 7* level 70 characters. My next big push is to make my droid team, which I have the shards for but need to level, star, and gear. I'm waiting to see how the meta falls out a bit.
  • Options
    Lando for sure with the guaranteed critical if Phasma hits advantage.
  • Options
    Aayla.

Ima lead Jedi team says "come at me bro" B)
  • droctane
    79 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    IGD....he already sort of hits like a truck and if defense matters now his buffs/debuffs will swing battles for sure. I've been waiting to pull him from bronziums since I started playing. No luck :s

And why not run him at lead with Aayla, Kit, QGJ, and Phasma with Advantage proc'd. I'd laugh at an AoE meta.