LS Geo requires relics (edit: actually, not quite)...

mellamoroberto
259 posts Member
edited October 2019
... per the developer Q&A. Thoughts?
CG_Tophat - We tuned DS Geo TB to anticipate relics. And no, we will not tell you the tuning for LS Geo TB (spoiler: relics are required).
EDIT: Yikes... this is what happens when you're answering questions quickly! Relics are not "hard" required for LS Geo TB, but the missions are tuned for them. My apologies for the confusion!

edit: updated with dev edit
Post edited by mellamoroberto on

Replies

• Options
    Thought: I could have told you this the moment relics were introduced.
  • Options
    Start working on having your 35 relic light side toons ready by December so you can enter the lstb combat
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    This is not surprising at all, that doesnt mean that you will not be able to do it, but expect lower stars as you build up.

Would you want content added that would be easy shortly after its introduced??
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    This is not surprising at all, that doesnt mean that you will not be able to do it, but expect lower stars as you build up.

:Alot: of people actually want this, until they get it and then complain there's nothing to do.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

No, we want to be able to have a chance to keep up a fair pace. It’s difficult enough getting characters to G13 let alone relic levels. Maybe they should do what they promised they would and relieve old gear bottlenecks first before forcing even more down our throat
  • Options
    I already need to g13 and relic several GR toons to stay competitive in fleet, so two birds one stone I guess.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Thought: I want pizza.
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

In the past required has meant needed to enter...

When 7 stars is "required" you need it to enter the event.

When 17500 power is "required" you need it to enter the event.

When a faction is "required" you need it to enter the event.

@Kyno are you stating that relics are required does NOT mean they are actually required to play LSTB?

Are you confirming that players will all be able to play new lstb even if we have no relics at all?

Possibly crumb misspoke using a word like required in the QA....

The actual definition of the word required is synonymous with mandatory, it certainly doesn't mean optional or suggested as your interpreting required to mean.

Just asking for clarification.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Btw they edited the original statement to say it is tuned for relics. G13 can probably do alright in early phases but relics will make each battle easier. My guess is R5 for p4.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Q: When you designed DS Geo TB, was it tuned to G12, G13, or R7?Also, can you tell us to which level LS Geo TB will be tuned?
    A: CG_Tophat - We tuned DS Geo TB to anticipate relics. And no, we will not tell you the tuning for LS Geo TB (spoiler: relics are required).

EDIT: Yikes... this is what happens when you're answering questions quickly! Relics are not "hard" required for LS Geo TB, but the missions are tuned for them. My apologies for the confusion!
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

:Alot: of people actually want this, until they get it and then complain there's nothing to do.

🤦‍♂️
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

🤦‍♂️

47ipC1h.gif

You're welcome.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Options

In the past required has meant needed to enter...

When 7 stars is "required" you need it to enter the event.

When 17500 power is "required" you need it to enter the event.

When a faction is "required" you need it to enter the event.

Kyno are you stating that relics are required does NOT mean they are actually required to play LSTB?

Are you confirming that players will all be able to play new lstb even if we have no relics at all?

Possibly crumb misspoke using a word like required in the QA....

The actual definition of the word required is synonymous with mandatory, it certainly doesn't mean optional or suggested as your interpreting required to mean.

Just asking for clarification.

They clarified.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Btw they edited the original statement to say it is tuned for relics. G13 can probably do alright in early phases but relics will make each battle easier. My guess is R5 for p4.

If you can get a toon to g13, level 3 relic is pretty much a given. Getting to g13 is the issue.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

No, we want to be able to have a chance to keep up a fair pace. It’s difficult enough getting characters to G13 let alone relic levels. Maybe they should do what they promised they would and relieve old gear bottlenecks first before forcing even more down our throat

G13 is difficult but r1-5 is really just cantina farming, if you haven't stopped farming whatever and switched to relic gear it probably is difficult (well impossible), but a week will r5 anything after you've got to g13.
  • Options
    Lets be honest here....Relics ARE required for both LS and DS Geo TB if you ever expect to get full stars in both.

I don't think there was a single guild in the game that was getting a complete clear for DS Geo TB with out relics.

If I am mistaken please correct me but as of right now I don't know any guild that gets all the stars.
  • Options
    Asifab wrote: »
    Lets be honest here....Relics ARE required for both LS and DS Geo TB if you ever expect to get full stars in both.

I don't think there was a single guild in the game that was getting a complete clear for DS Geo TB with out relics.

If I am mistaken please correct me but as of right now I don't know any guild that gets all the stars.

I don't think any guild has even gotten 32* yet. Its tough but positive signs are there with relics, new characters and ships means more bulk GP
  • Options
    I read this to mean DS Geo TB was designed to be stupid hard with an eye on the upcoming relics update and LS Geo will be exactly the same. Meaning don't expect to finish 4/4 with g12 teams beyond phase 1.
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Thought: I want pizza.

Mmmmmmmm pizza.
  • TVF
    36629 posts Member
    Options
    Asifab wrote: »

I don't think anyone is concerned about getting full stars. At least, most people aren't.

My concern is if we go from 18* in DS to something like 10* in LS (and the reward table is unchanged).