Why SO hard?

Prev13
Kameleonic
241 posts Member
edited October 2019
I have a 100k BH team now trying to get Chewbacca. I won 5*, I struggled hard, really hard to get 6*, so 7* is months away with leaving out other characters as the gear requirements for full GL12 or GL13 characters is already incredibly time consuming in itself.

Why?

I have a 6* Chewie now. And guess what? I won't be doing anything with him. Why bother?

I got a 6* C3P0 recently, I have levelled him up to GL9, and the investment so far is big, rather expensive. Can I do the same for Chewie at 6* too? No. I have too many other characters crying to be geared, and they are 7*, and range from a poor GL8 to a decent GL11...

This takes absolutely AGES to do even the slightest thing.

Work to get something good is one thing, but very hard work and time spent on something so meaningless in the big picture, little digital characters you do not own... Why?

Mythic Endor, you have a very tough, very tough battle, and the reward: 2 Omegas... Big deal. That is a big investment of time to gear up a team capable of winning this, a very big amount of time, and the reward? 2 Omegas that will not even level up one single ability.

It is getting painful to turn on the game knowing that the 120, or 160 etc. energy I am about to invest in getting much needed gear even at GL9 (!) may result in ZERO drops. It does, too often.

This may not be pay to win, but my goodness, it feels more like (too much) pain to win.

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If it was any easier, a good portion of the player base would be even more bored. Not all content should be accessible at any state of roster development.

For instance, I have at least 3 teams (without reusing any of the characters) that can 3* the last tier of Mythic Endor, with two of them I can press auto in wave 1 and walk away without looking at the screen. Players in a similar situation would probably welcome a new tier, a Mythic Chewbacca event and so on.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    You know that most of us got our 7* chewies with way lesser teams, when new bh was p2p and almost a year before g13 was a thing, right?
  • Options
    It's just RNG, keep trying. I unlocked 7* Chewie with an 87K BH Team
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Options
    My Bounty Hunters are only 88k and i die the 7stars at the seconds try. With zbossk and dengar in the team, it is much easier. Of course, If i would Not have read some duscussions and decided to Gear Up dengar, i would also fail with the current team.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    It's a resource management game. By design you have to choose and can't have/gear everything right now. Especially as a free to play player, you have top be focused and stay the course.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's a resource management game. By design you have to choose and can't have/gear everything right now. Especially as a free to play player, you have top be focused and stay the course.

They should just be glad they're not on a lunch shard.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    It's just RNG, keep trying. I unlocked 7* Chewie with an 87K BH Team

Same, my BH squad is only 91k, I had to do some major mod swapping but got 7* after a handful attempts once I did.
  • Options
    @Kameleonic what team are you using? At 100k power I feel that there is one major hurdle you're putting in front of yourself:

Either; incorrect team, or incorrect mods. Maybe show us what you're using and we can advise? I cleared 7* with around 85k, one Zeta, but good to great mods. One G12, 3 G11, 1 G9.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I prefer the brunch shards - best of both worlds and usually mimosas.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    I have a 100k BH team now trying to get Chewbacca. I won 5*, I struggled hard, really hard to get 6*, so 7* is months away with leaving out other characters as the gear requirements for full GL12 or GL13 characters is already incredibly time consuming in itself.
    Like some else said earlier, who are you using? Team composition is very important in the Chewie event.
    Why?

I have a 6* Chewie now. And guess what? I won't be doing anything with him. Why bother?

I got a 6* C3P0 recently, I have levelled him up to GL9, and the investment so far is big, rather expensive. Can I do the same for Chewie at 6* too? No. I have too many other characters crying to be geared, and they are 7*, and range from a poor GL8 to a decent GL11...
    If you don't do anything with Chewie that is a mistake. Even at 6* he is a better member of a CLS + Han team than just about anyone. He will assist every time Han and the other character with guard use an ability, plus he helps keep Han alive.
    Work to get something good is one thing, but very hard work and time spent on something so meaningless in the big picture, little digital characters you do not own... Why?
    Why did you choose to play a collection based mobile game? Or any game for that matter? Mobil games are entertainment and meaningless in the big picture, and the whole point of this one is to collect digital characters.

Mythic Endor, you have a very tough, very tough battle, and the reward: 2 Omegas... Big deal. That is a big investment of time to gear up a team capable of winning this, a very big amount of time, and the reward? 2 Omegas that will not even level up one single ability.
    I hope you are not just gearing your droids or Empire just for Mythic Endor. This event is an extra bonus to use an already useful team to get more resources.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

I should explain my joke. I recently started an alt, just for tickets when our guild isn't full. Currently it is, so I joined some random guild the game suggested. It was very entertaining, officers in guild chat bickering about raids. But one kept complaining about "lunching the raid."
  • Options
    It is probably a team composition problem. I have a 6* zBossk and Dengar, a 7* Boba Fett, IG 88 and Cad Bane. Boba and IG are g12, Bossk and Cad are g11 and Dengar is g10. Good not great mods. I flew through tier 5 and beat 6 in maybe two attempts.

I should have Dengar and Bossk 7* in a few days.

Bossk and Dengar are essential. I know some people did it without one of them but it takes many attempts.
  • Options

I should explain my joke.
    All the best jokes need to be explained.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options

I should explain my joke.
    All the best jokes need to be explained.

(holy grail **** gif)
  • Options

They're probably better for other reasons too. Lunch shards are probably much hungrier than brunch shards.

Don't want to deal with hangry.
  • Options
    JDIII wrote: »
    Use Droids on Mythic Endor and you can play the whole thing on auto and win
    I know back in the day there was an HK-47 led team that could do this. What's the current droid composition to use for auto-ing?
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    GG and whatever lol.
  • Options
    I just use separatists droids
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options
    I did 7* last year without dengar used bossk boba ig88 cad greedo it’s tough but not at all impossible took me about 10 attempts and as with any legendary toon chewie is more than worth it
  • Options
    I just use separatists droids

I can auto it with empire. I used gg, b2, b1, droid deckka, and hk (I think he adds more to the team than magna guard for events like this) just for kicks and beat it easily.

I played it on manual for fun and to practice the mechanics of the team since I haven't used it a lot since it still needs some work.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options
    Just wish they would launch the mythic tier so I can give it a shot with my aurra sing lead
  • Options
    Team comp is also important. The best team I know of is bossk, boba, jango, dengar, and greedo/cad bane.

I did it without jango on my main because he was still ptp at the time. I'm going for 5 star on my alt later with bossk, boba, jango, dengar, and cad. I don't think I'll have problems. Won't get to 6 or 7 stars since my characters aren't all there yet and they are a side project rather than my main farm.

But OP needs to share the team he is using, that can be the problem. Especially if you don't have boosk, dengar, or jango. Demgar is practically required and bossk and jango are both important.
  • Options

Good fellow, don’t give up on thine quest! The hairy beast is a welcome support to many a team, preferably alongside good sir Han.

Like was said above, there must be one important thing your missing. That or just having incredibly awful luck. I was able to get Chewie 7* WITHOUT Bossk and Dengar, so I know for sure if I can do it, you can too.

What is your team?
  • Options
    6* Chewie is plenty effective in Grand Arena, Squad Arena, Territory War, and most of the LS Hoth Territory Battle. I would think there are many Assault Battle tiers where he can shine. Not to mention the Credit Heists and other scoundrel-centric activities.
    All the extra star will buy you is entry into Heroic raids, and there are much better choices than this big, furry oaf in those events.
    The event is hard because it was designed as end-game content; if you want to beat it, you need big, tough end-game type characters. Do not despair though, those bounty hunters are a darn good team and you won't regret the gear you spent on them. Probably.
  • Options
    6* Chewie is plenty effective in Grand Arena, Squad Arena, Territory War, and most of the LS Hoth Territory Battle. I would think there are many Assault Battle tiers where he can shine. Not to mention the Credit Heists and other scoundrel-centric activities.
    All the extra star will buy you is entry into Heroic raids, and there are much better choices than this big, furry oaf in those events.
    The event is hard because it was designed as end-game content; if you want to beat it, you need big, tough end-game type characters. Do not despair though, those bounty hunters are a darn good team and you won't regret the gear you spent on them. Probably.

Yeah I agree. I plan on gearing my 5 star chewie on my alt for my cls team.

No point in using him for raids. Both pit and haat have solo teams and none of those use chewie.

Chewie is good in chex for p3 of hstr but not good enough compared to the teams now available for that phase. If you want high raid scores, ns plus anakin does 20 times the damage as any team with chewie.
  • Options

Why?

This takes absolutely AGES to do even the slightest thing.

It is getting painful to turn on the game knowing that the 120, or 160 etc. energy I am about to invest in getting much needed gear even at GL9 (!) may result in ZERO drops. It does, too often.

This may not be pay to win, but my goodness, it feels more like (too much) pain to win.

What's ur roster? GP is meaning less.

Zetas are a must & mods.

Btw just because you arent skilled enough doesnt mean the content should be made easier.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    AdeptFarBlackandtancoonhound-small.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    AdeptFarBlackandtancoonhound-small.gif

You stole my discord joke without attribution.

giphy.gif

• Options
    I have a 100k BH team now trying to get Chewbacca.

You need to show us your 100k team man. If you don't have bossk and dengar you are doing a something seriously wrong, and I'm sorry but that is completely your fault. (I'm not actually sorry)