GAC mod lock time

Kemosabe73
75 posts Member
edited October 2019
So I waited till after GAC join period ended, and then I changed some mods around for squad arena. I then go into GAC 20 minutes after the supposed lock time and my mods are what I changed them to after the lock was supposed to take place, not what I had at the time of GAC locking. Now I’m screwed bc I have a handful of good characters missing mods. Is this a WAI or a glitch?

Replies

• Options
    Kemosabe73 wrote: »
    So I waited till after GAC join period ended, and then I changed some mods around.

I then go into GAC 20 minutes after the supposed lock time and my mods are changef.

So you waited until the join period ended (lock period) to change your mods.

However u changed them before the lock period ended?

The player lock is the lock period for your entire roster as well.
  • Options
    So I waited till after GAC join period ended, and then I changed some mods around.

I then go into GAC 20 minutes after the supposed lock time and my mods are changef.

So you waited until the join period ended (lock period) to change your mods.

However u changed them before the lock period ended?

The player lock is the lock period for your entire roster as well.

I think I understand you, but I’ll be more specific. The join period is 24hrs, and after that ended, I changed some mods around on a few characters. I thought it locked once the join period was complete, is that not accurate?
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Mods lock when you enter GAC for the first time after the join period ends.
    If you change mods without entering the GAC screen, they will be saved in the state in which you open the GAC window.

Not sure if it's WAI though, seems like a bug.
  • Options
    Yes the Mods should be locked after the 24hr join period. If they were not locked you should submit a ticket. However to see your characters as they were locked you need to look at them through the GAC event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did you do right at the time of the ending of the join period?
  • Options
    Yes the Mods should be locked after the 24hr join period. If they were not locked you should submit a ticket. However to see your characters as they were locked you need to look at them through the GAC event.

How do I submit a ticket?
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I waited till after the join period ended, waited about 2 minutes or so, then changed a few mods around
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

I waited till after the join period ended, waited about 2 minutes or so, then changed a few mods around

So, you did it during those 5 minutes from join period ended and until the first setup phase starts?
  • Options

Basically the join period is the mod lock period. (Roster lock)

Hopefully this helps for next time
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

From my experience panic gearing Malak the GAC during his release, there is a short timer at the end of the join period before things lock. You may have been in the period when you moved mods
  • Options
    I always wait until I set my defenses so I can double check that I did the mods right. It means you swap the mods out 10-15 minutes later, but it's still round about the same time. It's never caused me any problem where I had to have those mods on a different character 10 minutes sooner for some reason.

Since I can't set my defense with any version of the character but the locked version, I know that if the game let me set the defense, the game will also let me move my mods. Easy peasy.
  • Options
    If the mods are missing whdn you look in the set squad screen its a bug. If your going through the ranks to look that doesnt lock.
  • Options
    I always wait until I set my defenses so I can double check that I did the mods right. It means you swap the mods out 10-15 minutes later, but it's still round about the same time. It's never caused me any problem where I had to have those mods on a different character 10 minutes sooner for some reason.

Since I can't set my defense with any version of the character but the locked version, I know that if the game let me set the defense, the game will also let me move my mods. Easy peasy.

That's never happened. It was doable back then when there was a cheating bug.
  • Options
    I did not realize that there was another 5 minute counter after that where the mods lock. That sucks. Guess I’ll take the loss this time and not touch anything next time. Thanks for your help everyone
  • Options
    @Padmé_Sadmé

You misunderstand. I mean the game will let me move my mods without screwing up the mods in GAC. The mods in GAC stay stable while you're now free to worry about moving them around for any purpose outside of GAC.