Arming a Grievous nuke

Hey all, I am starting to build a Grievous nuke team with my existing droids mainly for TW/GA and am looking for some advice on which zetas and gear I should have. My current team is GG (g13 r4 close to r5) bb8 (g12 have his zetas but I assume those are not necessary anyways) IG88 (g11 no zetas) t3m4 (g8 no zetas) and probe droid (g8)

I know t3 zetas are very useful but which one should I get first? Also are IG and IPD zetas luxury zetas that I don’t need unless if I want to use the team in arena? And should I give Grievous a crit chance, crit damage, or health triangle because I have seen all 3 on my shard?

Replies

• Options
    First, you need Combat Logic Upgrade on T3 zetad and more gear. Before that, your nuke might not work as a G8 T3 will die from a stronger AoE. T3's other zeta is recommended to make the team more reliable, but you need the armor penetration G12+ piece for it to function properly.
    I'd also take GG to r7. Crit damage triangle only.

The other zetas are not that important, even for arena, but you need to get the speed order right.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    The team doesn't work without T3's Combat Logic zeta. You'll also need to gear him up more so he doesn't get killed by a stiff breeze.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Also (at least for the ‘vacuum’ of squad arena where he is not most likely relegated to a Sith Empire squad), HK-47 is a better leader for the nuke squad until you have the 88 and IPD zetas, as he provides 30% CC, 20% CD and TM bonuses as opposed to 20% CC and a DOT - I also prefer magnaguard in that case for the extra taunt and another targeted dispel.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Options
    You need all the zetas if you want 100% win ratio. No exception. Otherwise you gonna have lame team that sucks!
  • Options
    GG and T3 are the only 2 characters that make the team work.

GG G13 + zunique
    T3 G12 + zzunique

Thatsit
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    GG and T3 are the only 2 characters that make the team work.

GG G13 + zunique
    T3 G12 + zzunique

Thatsit

You also need BB8 to make sure your whole team goes first so you can stack up debuffs. Plus he taunts when he wiggles on an all-droid team and thus is the first sacrifice/ensures that a DR using Insanity won't fear Grievous.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png