What I think when people talk about Some " OP " characters

Hi just want to share my opinions..I am 100% F2P player....been playing for 18 days... :)

- Barris. OP? For some people with NO good team synergy or chemistry or knowledge who to focus first, this character is way OP. For me, Not at all. My team from the beginning was anti-healer team with one secret character to back them up (Nowadays people still dont know about HOW good and HELPFUL this character is against Barris team or any teams. Good keep it that way :) ) My odds against Barris team with same power level or 2k max differences = 90% win :wink:

- Dooku. OP? Not at all. It seems OP because this character is 100% counter-attacking any attacks and they got it pretty cheap ($5) only. In the beginning of the server started, when you purchase this character, it IS gives you a lot of advantages but after some understanding and geared up all my characters, Dooku is just OK, similar like Chewbacca, good at the beginning but faded so fast in the latter stages. The whiners DID NOT SEE about his defence...gosh...he could not take hits, 3-4 combo attacks ( E.G Stun by daka followed by ultimate by talia and 1x normal damage) and HE IS DEAD MEAT FOR SURE. The nerfed does not really affected my team performance against team with him inside as I can always win against those team easily.

- OLD BEN? OP? Yes if you fight him for the first time or you have team with high damage outputs or solely depends on ultimate skills but no defences at all such as droid team. Personally I do not have a problem fighting against him or any teams with him inside.He is like Barris to me, a liable character (well its because of my team chemistry though). He does not have a good damage, slow ultimate cooldown, the effect only last for 2 turns and does not bring any good passive skills to the table. I see some people put him with barris, darth maul, luminara and dooku...dammm man, you just put your team into in my eyes like "attack me, I am weak"...

- Darth Maul? OP? Yes if you do not have disable characters for him. Once you have it, disable him for one 1st turn and kill him on that turn or the turn after ( he is weaker than dooku, can not take hits. you hit him with talia ultimate and luminara ultimate and he is gone). You do need characters to disable him though in order to change your mindset about " how OP his ulti is" into "he is my first target no matter what the circumstances"

-Sidious? OP? No No no....people think he is OP because he can gives you immunity against healing and has pretty good damage + auto healing once an enemy defeated, but if you focus on him with offence type teams, he is gone before he can do another attack. He is like a Darth Maul with Dooku health. No big deal for me. He is good only for offence team but not for defence.

In conclusion, all characters got some positive and negative, there IS NO OP players IMO at the moment, once you know how to handle that character (by getting new characters, new team chemistry, etc) then you will know he is not OP or strong as you fight him for the first time.

PLEASE DO NOT JUST SEE ALL POSITIVE SIDES FROM SOME CHARACTERS ONLY AND CALLED THEM OP STRAIGHT AWAY BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW / SEE THEIR NEGATIVE SIDES.

ps: if its really OP, that character will eventually get nerfed, you do not need to worry, the devs clearly SMARTER than some of you guys here.

15qw27t.png

Replies

• RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Agreed and well said. Of the ones you mentioned the only one that actually scares me a bit is Obi Wan, the rest are fine in the opposing team. I alot more scared of HK47 though...
  • Options
    For me, Not at all.
    Nowadays people still dont know
    Good keep it that way
    OP? Not at all
    I can always win
    I do not have a problem
    like "attack me, I am weak"...
    No big deal for me.
    BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW
    SMARTER than some of you guys here
  • djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The issue I have with Barris is that she just ignores my Sid's heal prevention. What is that? There isn't anything in her description that says "when your Sideous inflicts anti-heal on two oposing enemies, Barris's special healing ability will ignore it and heal the entire team anyway". Am I missing something here? Is this a bug because it really limits Sid's effectiveness.
  • Options
    +1
  • NixHara
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Her ability equalizes all health, then heals a small amount. Sid still eliminates the heal but it doesn't and shouldn't affect the equalization.

I don't have Barris. In case anyone wants to yell at me for defending her mechanics.
  • Options
    OK well that helps understand a bit...but in the end, enemies are still healed. That's sort of like calling something a fee which everyone is required to pay, instead of a tax. I don't even honestly know what the phrase "equalizes all health" in her description really means anyway. But it is another thing that makes it hard to battle her.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Hi just want to share my opinions..I am 100% F2P player....been playing for 18 days... :)

- Barris. OP? For some people with NO good team synergy or chemistry or knowledge who to focus first, this character is way OP. For me, Not at all. My team from the beginning was anti-healer team with one secret character to back them up (Nowadays people still dont know about HOW good and HELPFUL this character is against Barris team or any teams. Good keep it that way :) ) My odds against Barris team with same power level or 2k max differences = 90% win :wink:

- Dooku. OP? Not at all. It seems OP because this character is 100% counter-attacking any attacks and they got it pretty cheap ($5) only. In the beginning of the server started, when you purchase this character, it IS gives you a lot of advantages but after some understanding and geared up all my characters, Dooku is just OK, similar like Chewbacca, good at the beginning but faded so fast in the latter stages. The whiners DID NOT SEE about his defence...gosh...he could not take hits, 3-4 combo attacks ( E.G Stun by daka followed by ultimate by talia and 1x normal damage) and HE IS DEAD MEAT FOR SURE. The nerfed does not really affected my team performance against team with him inside as I can always win against those team easily.

- OLD BEN? OP? Yes if you fight him for the first time or you have team with high damage outputs or solely depends on ultimate skills but no defences at all such as droid team. Personally I do not have a problem fighting against him or any teams with him inside.He is like Barris to me, a liable character (well its because of my team chemistry though). He does not have a good damage, slow ultimate cooldown, the effect only last for 2 turns and does not bring any good passive skills to the table. I see some people put him with barris, darth maul, luminara and dooku...dammm man, you just put your team into in my eyes like "attack me, I am weak"...

- Darth Maul? OP? Yes if you do not have disable characters for him. Once you have it, disable him for one 1st turn and kill him on that turn or the turn after ( he is weaker than dooku, can not take hits. you hit him with talia ultimate and luminara ultimate and he is gone). You do need characters to disable him though in order to change your mindset about " how OP his ulti is" into "he is my first target no matter what the circumstances"

-Sidious? OP? No No no....people think he is OP because he can gives you immunity against healing and has pretty good damage + auto healing once an enemy defeated, but if you focus on him with offence type teams, he is gone before he can do another attack. He is like a Darth Maul with Dooku health. No big deal for me. He is good only for offence team but not for defence.

In conclusion, all characters got some positive and negative, there IS NO OP players IMO at the moment, once you know how to handle that character (by getting new characters, new team chemistry, etc) then you will know he is not OP or strong as you fight him for the first time.

PLEASE DO NOT JUST SEE ALL POSITIVE SIDES FROM SOME CHARACTERS ONLY AND CALLED THEM OP STRAIGHT AWAY BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW / SEE THEIR NEGATIVE SIDES.

ps: if its really OP, that character will eventually get nerfed, you do not need to worry, the devs clearly SMARTER than some of you guys here.

15qw27t.png

Agreed, finally someoen with a little sense
  • Options
    djlott wrote: »
    OK well that helps understand a bit...but in the end, enemies are still healed. That's sort of like calling something a fee which everyone is required to pay, instead of a tax. I don't even honestly know what the phrase "equalizes all health" in her description really means anyway. But it is another thing that makes it hard to battle her.

Equalize is not a heal. If a team has 6,000/10,000hp (spread over 5 characters), and Bariss "equalizes", the team will still have 6,000/10,000 hp (just now equally spread over the 5 characters). Some characters life total will go up, some will go down, but all told it is a net zero health change for the team. There is a second part to the ability that actually does a team heal (and this can be blocked with heal block).

• Options
    Really good post, thank you ! So what is a good team OP with good sinergies in your opinion?
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    djlott wrote: »

Equalize is not a heal. If a team has 6,000/10,000hp (spread over 5 characters), and Bariss "equalizes", the team will still have 6,000/10,000 hp (just now equally spread over the 5 characters). Some characters life total will go up, some will go down, but all told it is a net zero health change for the team. There is a second part to the ability that actually does a team heal (and this can be blocked with heal block).

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why is this so difficult for ppl to grasp and how do ppl continue to not see the obvious counter given how she works :(

OP????? Not by a long shot
    same with dooku,
    OP????? Not by a long shot........

2 of the easiest toons to counter yet the crying never ends lol even after they did nerf bariss lmao.

I apologize but the crying is simply too funny to me
  • Options
    15qw27t.png

Advice from another F2P player...

This was not a good look for you Raxle Alucard. You sounded pretty certain of yourself and looking at your screenshot above, your teams power is only 13,495 and you're only Level 46. I never brag but let me say that I am on a much tougher server with all of the soft launch Level 60s like WhipiT and others so you will be tested, enjoy your success, it's fleeting. I am personally 10 levels higher than you at Level 56, all 6* and 7* players and a team power total of 19,885 and I am tested, believe me. The secret here is never be cocky about your successes, you can be knocked down....
  • Options
    I don't mind the post because there is definitely some QQing going on about some of the characters and a lot of them DO have counters so over powered might not be the right way to talk about them but it's just ignorant to say that some characters are not more powerful than others.

All characters cannot be equal in strength and you can't have the exact counter needed vs everything on your team because you only get 5 characters so some characters are going to end up being more viable than others. Some abilities are better than others as well.

A couple of the characters you mentioned especially Sideous may not be OP but they are going to be one of the strongest characters easily available for FTP players. In the same way many FTP players won't have access to a lot of counters that can help vs Bariss, Darth Maul and the like. Instead of being rude and talking down to everyone why not make a constructive post about some of the weaknesses these toons have and ways to deal with them.
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ...ps: if its really OP, that character will eventually get nerfed, you do not need to worry, the devs clearly SMARTER than some of you guys here...

True. They already stated the metrics showed her overperforming. They didn't make the nerf decision based on complaints. They knew they would have to nerf it, but why change it before people start to notice? On top of that, what reason do they have to listen to Free players over those that are paying?
  • Options
    The only disagreement with the original post is Side not being OP. I think he is now that he gets a free 35% evade versus jedi.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Here is my take...........

I never jumped on ANY "OP" bandwagon but i did at one point think certain characters are unbalanced and too strong
    *note* i was dead wrong for the most part, but soem are clearly stronger/better then others (as they should be)

Here are the reasons why no toon currently is OP
    1) this is a strategy game with a WIDE variety of options to counter your opponets. You must actually look into what your fighting an having issues with and figure out the counter (its there trust me on that)
    2) no one single team is perfect an can handle everything. Its about diversifying your roster as best you can. If you dont have the proper toons to handle certain ones then you can
    a) go get em free from farming
    b) spend $ to get em from paks
    c) accept the reality that your roster is not meant to compete witht them meaning YOUR team is "UP" (underpowered) theirs is not "OP"

Here is why crying for a nerf is a bad bad bad idea..........
    1) it exposes how narrow minded you are.
    2) it exposes how weak your roster is.
    3) it exposes how much you DONT know or understand about the game
    4) most every character ppl cry about needing a nerf is one bought with $. Think about what your asking fir when crying for a nerf.......
    Your asking the devs to take away what ppl paid for (the ppl who fund the game an keep it going so you can play free).

This would be the definition of "biting the hand that feeds you"
    You make enough paying players leave by screwing with their purchases and the game goes away permantly.

I will say some characters may be a bit unbalanced and are stronger then others (and ritefully so). If every character was dead equal then there would no point in upgrading, no point in strategizing, no point in forums, no point in anything.

If you are to spend $ on a special character etc, i say you are the one keeping this game free to play for others and you DESERVE an advantage over the FTP folks. You should have characters that tip the scale in favor of positives vs weaknesses (but even then, every character has draw backs).

Moral of the story is stop an think before crying, ask questions before crying, form a coherant and valid opinion based off of testing/data collecting before deciding if you think any certain toon is "OP".

Now let the messages crying fir nerfs pile up anyway lol.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry so long but with everyone going back an fourth i thought it needed said calmly.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    Here is my take...........

I never jumped on ANY "OP" bandwagon but i did at one point think certain characters are unbalanced and too strong
    *note* i was dead wrong for the most part, but soem are clearly stronger/better then others (as they should be)

Here are the reasons why no toon currently is OP
    1) this is a strategy game with a WIDE variety of options to counter your opponets. You must actually look into what your fighting an having issues with and figure out the counter (its there trust me on that)
    2) no one single team is perfect an can handle everything. Its about diversifying your roster as best you can. If you dont have the proper toons to handle certain ones then you can
    a) go get em free from farming
    b) spend $ to get em from paks
    c) accept the reality that your roster is not meant to compete witht them meaning YOUR team is "UP" (underpowered) theirs is not "OP"

Here is why crying for a nerf is a bad bad bad idea..........
    1) it exposes how narrow minded you are.
    2) it exposes how weak your roster is.
    3) it exposes how much you DONT know or understand about the game
    4) most every character ppl cry about needing a nerf is one bought with $. Think about what your asking fir when crying for a nerf.......
    Your asking the devs to take away what ppl paid for (the ppl who fund the game an keep it going so you can play free).

This would be the definition of "biting the hand that feeds you"
    You make enough paying players leave by screwing with their purchases and the game goes away permantly.

I will say some characters may be a bit unbalanced and are stronger then others (and ritefully so). If every character was dead equal then there would no point in upgrading, no point in strategizing, no point in forums, no point in anything.

If you are to spend $ on a special character etc, i say you are the one keeping this game free to play for others and you DESERVE an advantage over the FTP folks. You should have characters that tip the scale in favor of positives vs weaknesses (but even then, every character has draw backs).

Moral of the story is stop an think before crying, ask questions before crying, form a coherant and valid opinion based off of testing/data collecting before deciding if you think any certain toon is "OP".

Now let the messages crying fir nerfs pile up anyway lol.

What happened to the thread you created with this exact text? Anyhoo

The devs already saw certain characters overperforming. Too any real gamer, when you see a character/item performing in such a way that people are willing to drop $50 just to get it, and it's all everyone is taking about, you know it's going to get nerfed. It could be seen from a mile away. Good devs are already tracking the issue from a statistical perspective, and don't just change the game because people complain. What reason would they have to listen to Free players over those that paid?

Mobile "Gamers" are an interesting breed though, viewing P2W is an acceptable practice, such as Iraqis having to pay bribes to join the military...

Honestly, it's not the player's fault though. We are human, and quite predictable in some regards. The gaming industry has our spending habits and impulses down to a science, and just dangle the fruit in our faces. F2P models thrive on the P2W type of player, which is why some games offer OP items for purchase, knowing that folks will fork over the dough in search of internet prosperity, then because of the ToS agreement, they eventually nerf the items, and introduce more for purchase.

There are plenty of ways to offer Microtransactions that don't effect player performance, but the most successful and easiest form, is offering temporarily OP items. Unless one is new to gaming, we all know games go through balancing, consisting of nerfs, buffs, and new additions. It's pertinent to keeping a healthy playerbase, because at the end of the day, every free player presents a potential to become a spender; if a million free players decided to spend $1 (or foreign equivalent), that is still $1 Million made (minus taxes of course).

People on the line about spending need to feel like they have a chance. If the rabbit is too close, they won't bother spending; if the rabbit is too far, they won't bother either. There has to be a happy medium, to get them to step over that line, and that happy medium is Game Balancing.

While nerf and buff threads are quite annoying across EVERY game (no, SWGOH is not a social flower), they are a representation of the feelings of the playerbase (albeit an EXTREMELY small portion) on all sides of the discussion. Some complaints are founded, and others are not. However, the finding of a workaround does not mean the tracked statistics are wrong, or that the problem doesn't exist.

I've played a game on PC for the last three years, called Planetside 2. In that game, all of the performance metrics are open for third party sites to pull and analyze. And just like here, every time an OP discussion is made, those on the benefiting side offer solutions for how to get around it, but will refuse to acknowledge the clearly visible statistics pointing to an item's overperformance.

All that being said, nerf and buff threads are a natural occurrence in gaming, just as suggestion and feedback threads. Healthy gaming is about balance, not total domination. Mobile F2P gaming has brought in a new model that is spreading across the major platforms, and as sole mobile platform gamers branch out, they will take that level of "acceptable" Microtransactions to other platforms, allowing games to further become less about the skill of the player, and more about how much you are willing to spend AFTER you have already made the initial purchase. It's not just effecting F2P games.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    If there are op chars they aren't farmable so usually they are op for only a short time. Vader and obi wan scare me the most, but they are usually only 4 star so not too bad anymore. Oddly enough dooku is just starting to bother me again as players who use him have farmed him up and it takes me 4+ hits to kill him now. He seems to dodge and resist a lot, and his attacks are doing 2/3 of what mine do instead of 1/2. Still not op, but man those double stuns annoy the crap out of me.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with the OP. I think what you said speaks a lot for this games overall balance. When I started I couldn't believe some toons were so much better than others. As I started to lvl up and acquire new characters some of the characters that scared me became completely free.

Im new to these types of games so grinding 80 shards in the arena seemed like climbing mount everest in the beginning.

So far it seems that there are counters to every team out there, and that almost all characters if assembled right are worthy of owning. Jury is still out on Jedi Knight Guardian for me tho lol. Can't seem to make her relevant haha.
  • Options
    15qw27t.png

This was not a good look for you Raxle Alucard. You sounded pretty certain of yourself and looking at your screenshot above, your teams power is only 13,495 and you're only Level 46. I never brag but let me say that I am on a much tougher server with all of the soft launch Level 60s like WhipiT and others so you will be tested, enjoy your success, it's fleeting. I am personally 10 levels higher than you at Level 56, all 6* and 7* players and a team power total of 19,885 and I am tested, believe me. The secret here is never be cocky about your successes, you can be knocked down....

+1
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    15qw27t.png

Sorry for late reply...I was busy with my happy life....Well I never said it was a recent picture though...I see you just a whiner or jealous person...I did not even try to be cocky as I know I am just F2P...I believe you DID NOT read my BOLD STATEMENT and the purpose of the message. You might just read some of it or too dumb to understand my broken english...Its ok...Haters always there no matter whats the circumstances.

I Believe You are a HEAVY PAID USER to get advantages so early in the game based on your power for level 56 as I know my competitors that been using real money hasn't get to that level event hough they got all 7* for their leader (at least) and level 55+....

"ADVICE FROM ANOTHER F2P PLAYER" ====> This statement shows your cockiness and arrogance towards others...I bet you will not be able to success in any games that you play before without throwing hard money. (I was paid user in other games and I believe some F2P can be better than some P2P) Hopefully I meet you one day in our ladder rank so I can make your jealously over better / free players becomes over 9000.....
  • Options
    15qw27t.png

Sorry for late reply...I was busy with my happy life....Well I never said it was a recent picture though...I see you just a whiner or jealous person...I did not even try to be cocky as I know I am just F2P...I believe you DID NOT read my BOLD STATEMENT and the purpose of the message. You might just read some of it or too dumb to understand my broken english...Its ok...Haters always there no matter whats the circumstances.

I Believe You are a HEAVY PAID USER to get advantages so early in the game based on your power for level 56 as I know my competitors that been using real money hasn't get to that level event hough they got all 7* for their leader (at least) and level 55+....

"ADVICE FROM ANOTHER F2P PLAYER" ====> This statement shows your cockiness and arrogance towards others...I bet you will not be able to success in any games that you play before without throwing hard money. (I was paid user in other games and I believe some F2P can be better than some P2P) Hopefully I meet you one day in our ladder rank so I can make your jealously over better / free players becomes over 9000.....

Thisgameisdope, smh, your post is a troll thread. The majority of your comments are without support or basis. Im left wondering if your purpose was to indirectly attempt to convince people to stop crying OP because you are in fact concerned about a nerf or if you have somehow convinced yourself that you are exceptional in strategy? Idk. Regardless Ive read the whole post and im left thinking ioniancat21 makes a good point.

You can't just put text in bold and expect it to be accurate or more convincing.

"nerfing" is considered to be such a negative thing in the forums. Its simply adjusting the game to suit the developer's vision. Some characters get boosts some get reductions some just get modified. It will happen in any game.

Ultimately Thisgameisdope you shouldn't worry so much about what people are complaining about especially if, as you put it, "I always win." What difference does it make to you if you always win? Why take time out of your "happy life" to write such trivial points to people you don't know about a game you dominate?
  • Options
    Rock beats scissors 100% of the time.. Just saying.
  • Misogi
    21 posts Member
    Options
    lol... they ARE op. You're basing your analysis on fighting A.I. opponents in the arena (which are **** almost 100% of the time). I use some of those characters and win 90% of my fights vs teams that have at least 4k power on me. If facing the same comps in human hands, I'd be getting decimated every single battle, garaunteed. So saying that these heroes really aren't 'all that', is kinda laughable.
  • Options
    Kill the necrosis thread please.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Rock beats scissors 100% of the time.. Just saying.
    Not if scissors is lead by dooku and evades every single attack! :tongue:

@Thread Starter: As far as i've, there is NO char being "OP" ... you can fight and win against every single team, even against the currently so beloved (or hated) droids (hk, 86, 88) + rg + je-teams ...

A hint: dont judge chars at your level with your gear ... some will change alot later! ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Options
    I like how people know what they are talking about when they are only level 46, you still have a long way to do, before you get to the promised land of level 80, and you'll come to find out that nobody talks about barris when you are at that level
  • Options
    Look at the date people. This thread is 6 months old
  • Misogi
    21 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yet still relevant. These characters are op, just not all in arena. Barris, as far as I'm concerned, serves no purpose other than making yoda slightly easier to deal with. Dooku and Old Ben, though? Best leaders for arena. No contest. Rey, Leia, Qui-Gonn for dmg. Han or RG for a tank. Sidious is decent to ensure kills, but with the other 3, you don't really need him. Maul doesn't even place unless fighting all jedi... which will never happen.