Make Squad Arena the Sandbox

I just had an idea...some people will hate some people will like:
1) Remove all crystal production from squad arena and make squad arena the sandbox
2) Add all crystal production equally from daily inventory of squad arena to GAC and TW (of course not exactly the same rankings are required for same crystal payout because much harder to get #1 in GAC than in squad arena PO)
3) Problem solved

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Neither if those events runs daily, which means PO will be spread out. Not the most comfortable change for a game to make this late in its life.

I would also always be against the change of removing income from a game mode just to move it to another. Those events do not correlate in any direct way and going from a game mode that a focused F2P can keep up with, to 2 game modes that require much more investment to stay relevant, might be a bad idea.
    Adding better rewards to those game modes to make them more of a centerpiece of the game could be interesting.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The issues with crystal income being more heavily based on GAC are numerous

1) In GAC you don't choose your opponents - they are chosen for you.
    2) Lower division GAC brackets accrue points more easily - meaning, the better your roster the harder it will be to earn crystals.
    3) Since each new GAC (and TW) is based on the current snapshot of your roster, there really is little incentive to improve your roster (especially given 1 & 2).
    4) GAC outcomes can be drastically affected by opponents, a single battle (which can be the result of a crash, bad RNG, etc.). Whereas, squad arena you can simply refresh.

TL ;DR I prefer having more direct control over my daily crystal income than leaving it up to RNG, CG, matchmaking algorithms or random opponents - who may or may not be cheating, setting 1 character in defense, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    The only thing I agree with is that it's an idea worth of hate.

Squad arena can already be your sandbox, if you are friendly with players in your shard and you have competent team to hold in top 50.
    Moving the biggest source of crystal rewards to a more luck dependent and more cheat-infested game mode (it's a lot easier to identify a cheater in arena than in GAC) is not a good direction for the game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Seems like an awesome idea to test out with fleet arena =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    "Problem solved"

Because everyone loves GA and TW matchmaking.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH