This event is not p2w, it’s end game

There’s a difference between p2w and end game content, this is for players who have been playing the game for 2+ years as it’s double legendary and raid character.

This time around the event requires characters which have been about for ages and almost all competitive players have these characters cause they’re useful.

Sep Droid rework was February I believe, all very useful characters. Padme was 100% ftp and she is very useful are the characters that work with her.

Shaak tii is f2p, one of the best plug and play characters, can lead or go into clones, works well with JKR and padme teams also.

The ships are all f2p (I neglect ships so not ready by choice)

Most of these events required characters we would never use again like JTR with the vets, but this time at least it’s worthwhile characters that are all easily obtainable.

Shaak tii with the cheap refreshers was easily f2p on time and we knew she’d be needed.

Stop moaning and enjoy the anakin we’ve all been waiting for, and this is coming from the chief forum moaner on all events like this 😂

Replies

• Options
    endgame i laugh my **** off...for arena/gac?

Last raid is 2 years ago...TB light side doesnt even exists!
  • Options
    Shaak tii with the cheap refreshers was easily f2p on time and we knew she’d be needed.

Whilst I agree with virtually everything you've said, I dispute the use of the word "easily".

I have nothing else to farm with ship energy and have got to 79/85 on Shaak Ti now. 10 attempts per day until Sunday when I upped it to 15 attempts per day. Even if I'd done 15 attempts per day I would be around 40/100.

I'd be astonished if anyone has unlocked Shaak Ti purely from farming her node.

• Options
    Fair point @DarjeloSalas but we’re talking about 1 character. With JKR and DM we had 4-5 characters to do in about the same time frame. Because it’s only 1 I was purchasing shards using arena crystals so done it easily, but without shard purchase and just node then fair enough it could be difficult. But because it’s only 1 character it’s easier to do now, still have a few days of crystal spend to finish her off
  • Options
    My only hope is the GP requirements needed is enough to beat it
  • Options
    Fair point @DarjeloSalas but we’re talking about 1 character. With JKR and DM we had 4-5 characters to do in about the same time frame. Because it’s only 1 I was purchasing shards using arena crystals so done it easily, but without shard purchase and just node then fair enough it could be difficult. But because it’s only 1 character it’s easier to do now, still have a few days of crystal spend to finish her off
    You're bang on there. I've been playing 3.5 years and other than Shaak ti I have all the toons / ships at the required star and power level. And Shaak Ti is within Crystal range.

A much less demanding set of entry requirements than either of the Revans or Malak

• Options
    Yup, I don’t have anakins ship. I would have had him but I stopped the farm to use energy on g12+ pieces. So can’t complain. Triple refreshes and arena crystals to purchase him, I’ll maybe need 3-4K crystals to finish the star requirement but I don’t mind cause once again we had enough time was just a choice.
  • Options

Whilst I agree with virtually everything you've said, I dispute the use of the word "easily".

I have nothing else to farm with ship energy and have got to 79/85 on Shaak Ti now. 10 attempts per day until Sunday when I upped it to 15 attempts per day. Even if I'd done 15 attempts per day I would be around 40/100.

True, i've been refreshing 3 times everyday since her release and she's at 42/100 now, g11 double zetaed and ready to step up to g12. I am confident nontheless that with 30k saved crystal i'll be able to get 7 stars in time, given the shards will appear in the shop and maybe the weekly refresh will give us the 25 shards pack.
    All the rest is way above the required power, i just hope that Endurance will do just fine :smiley:
  • Options
    @Rayley I’m a little concerned on ships. I have rex only 3* and consular 7* but g8 so miles off requirements. G11 cline sarg above 40k ship power.

I have relics on Ahsoka, fives and anakin. G10 mace, it could be tough depending on difficulty. Based on the fact it’s tier 1 I don’t think will be too difficult, they won’t want to discourage the player base from buying gear and shards to complete the later tiers.
  • Options
    @Rosstheboss89 I think think Jedi Consular only needs to be geared to g10 to make the 40k requirement.
  • Options
    @Syth_Hunter

Ross the Boss already meets the requirements. They're just a bit worried that the minimum to enter might not be enough to complete. But I think that's highly unlikely. It's p1 after all. Remember the early stages of the Heroes' Journeys? They had high entrance requirements, but the actual battle wasn't touch. I'm sure it will be much the same here. For p1 (but not for later phases) if you meet the entrance requirements, you're probably guaranteed a victory. Maybe not on the first try (although I think first try wins are likely) but certainly if you give it a couple restarts.

It won't be the ships that hold qualified-to-enter players back.
  • Options
    I think we as a community will always be on the lookout for false floors. Relics, I hope they're not required.....I have a little gear saved but not a lot.
  • Options
    I was saving gear but it goes so quickly, as long as there’s anakin packs I should make it fine. Good luck to you guys as well
  • Options
    Same way g13 was end game and supposed to give a sense of accomplishment?
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

I got to about 35/100 just from node farming. 2x refresh for a long stretch, dialed back to no refresh a week or so ago, now dialed way up to try and finish in time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    its still P2W

It can't be P2W if you can't buy anything.
    Would work if we get the C3PO and Padme event aswell as GK shards with it.
    This is just an endgame toon.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    its still P2W

It can't be P2W if you can't buy anything.
    Would work if we get the C3PO and Padme event aswell as GK shards with it.
    This is just an endgame toon.

Lol you can buy anything other than that stuff. Shark Tea shards, ETA blueprints, gear up the wazoo.

Not to mention you could have bought everything for C3PO and Padme several times over by now.
  • Options
    My guild has about 5 players with 7* Shaak Ti F2P. They just did 3 refreshes instead of 2, partly in anticipation of an event, and partly because she's good.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol you can buy anything other than that stuff. Shark Tea shards, ETA blueprints, gear up the wazoo.

Not to mention you could have bought everything for C3PO and Padme several times over by now.

Why should I buy early the other stuff if it is not needed and I have something better?
    Doesn't seem to be a good investment at all. But sure. If you whale out for everything do it.
  • Options
    Agreed. This is the most peak end game content we have received yet. It is MUCH less of a crash grab than the Revans ever were. Instead of just buying 10 new toons recently released for a meta character(revans), players actually have to have some history with legendary events, raid toons, and old Metas. There is the inclusion of one new toon that has been F2P for a while, but really this a step in the right direction for CG but of course the community can do nothing but complain.
  • Options
    2+ years to be consider as old player and to be able to access end game, it's excessive!!
  • Options
    @Jenjhys
    2+ years to be consider as old player and to be able to access end game, it's excessive!!

Yes. And I and others have made this point. I hear that they're working on addressing this in a number of ways, at least one of which is making older legendary events (like Grand Master Yoda) available 365 days/year so that you can grab the toon as soon as you're ready for it.

I don't think this is enough, but just because they've only talked publicly about making certain old legendary events permanently available doesn't mean that this is literally the only strategy they're considering for addressing this.

It may be too late for you or me to benefit from such a change, but that change is coming and the game will be made more new-player friendly.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Why should I buy early the other stuff if it is not needed and I have something better?
    Doesn't seem to be a good investment at all. But sure. If you whale out for everything do it.

That's not the point of what I said.
  • Options
    @Jenjhys

Yes. And I and others have made this point. I hear that they're working on addressing this in a number of ways, at least one of which is making older legendary events (like Grand Master Yoda) available 365 days/year so that you can grab the toon as soon as you're ready for it.

I don't think this is enough, but just because they've only talked publicly about making certain old legendary events permanently available doesn't mean that this is literally the only strategy they're considering for addressing this.

It may be too late for you or me to benefit from such a change, but that change is coming and the game will be made more new-player friendly.

Yep I announce that but not sure it's enough for new player...
    Having specific event when you want don't lead to acces to end game sooner.
    Maybe you win 2 month... yeaha

Gear a specific team to g12 for new event when you can access to end game is very very long
  • Options
    The ARC Trooper will be the whale touch to GAS Team! And it will be a marquee. So whales will rule
  • Options
    umm ... no ... I've been playing this game since it came out and I don't have all the toons to this event. crap