no concrete way to whale on gen anakin

Cardiff0
516 posts Member
edited October 2019
I’m 200 shards out on shaak ti, even if I wanted to buy gen ani, and say there’s a pack for 80 shards, I don’t think I can with such short notice, given all previous ways we’ve ever been given of getting shards no?

I’ve refreshed shipments and shaak ti and anakin’s ship seem extremely rare, they didn’t come up in 6 refreshes, so how can I actually buy this?
Post edited by Cardiff0 on

Replies

• Options
    They may do the shards in weekly shipments on thurs night. So theres an extra 25
  • Options
    They may do the shards in weekly shipments on thurs night. So theres an extra 25

Probably so that would leave me at 95, still a way to go and no guarantees. I’m also a way off some others, 100 on anakin’s ship, 80 off having plo and his ship 7*, 50 off B1, how can I start spending now when I have no guarantees I can buy gen ani at all?
  • Options
    You can start refreshing shipments until you are not allowed to do so anymore.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    You must whale harder
  • Options
    Is plo required? I didn’t see that, I thought it was any 3 other GR ships?
  • Options
    Is plo required? I didn’t see that, I thought it was any 3 other GR ships?

I don’t have 3 other GR ships
  • Options
    Is anakins ship in shipments?
  • Options
    You can start refreshing shipments until you are not allowed to do so anymore.

I just refreshed to 200 and neither anakins ship nor shaak ti came up...

How are we supposed to whale for this?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    There may also be crystal packs that you can buy any number of times for some random number of shards (possibly of multiple units only one of which you need).
  • Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »

No.

So how are we supposed to actually whale out on this?
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    There may also be crystal packs that you can buy any number of times for some random number of shards (possibly of multiple units only one of which you need).

Could be, but I don’t remember ever seeing that type of pack apart from on a character release. Would be a first I think?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    They might release shards for $ packs when the event goes live
  • Options
    With the introduction of GAC and the changes to the matchmaking, CG announced their intention for this to be a game about collection again.... Maybe the point they are trying to make with GS is that you need to have your roster "ready" at all times and that you can't rely on last minute panic spending. Geo TB has been announced for a very long time. Most of these characters have been out or farmable for 6+ months.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

No.

You were probably supposed to have started out doing more refreshes much earlier.
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    They might release shards for $ packs when the event goes live

Shards for $ are max 80, I need more than that.

I guess though we shouldn’t doubt that they will have a way to profit. Must be crystals for shards like liath said
  • Options

No.

Both shaak ti and anakin’s starfighter both show up in shipments but again it’s pure luck when they appear.
  • Options
    Paulos999 wrote: »

No.

Both shaak ti and anakin’s starfighter both show up in shipments but again it’s pure luck when they appear.

Doesn't help for those of us without any clone ships.
  • Options
    I’m betting there will be money and crystal packs when it goes live, they’d be stupid not to cash in.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    IMHO, the issue with this type of Epic Confrontation is that the requirements are so numerous (droids, ships, GR toons, etc.) that CG has really painted themselves into a corner. Either a player has all/most of them or doesn't. And if they don't or are even missing only one or two by a decent enough amount (only have Shaak Ti, B1 or Anakin's ETA at 5*, for example) - then the really is no way to make it in time. No matter how much players may want to spend.

An odd choice, imho.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Could be, but I don’t remember ever seeing that type of pack apart from on a character release. Would be a first I think?

I don't know what you mean. They have these types of packs for legendaries all the time. For Falcon there was a crystal pack for between 5-330(?) shards of one of the ships, but it was random which ship you got.
  • Options

I don't know what you mean. They have these types of packs for legendaries all the time. For Falcon there was a crystal pack for between 5-330(?) shards of one of the ships, but it was random which ship you got.

Never mind then, thought that was only a new release thing, guess they’ll have those.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    IMHO, the issue with this type of Epic Confrontation is that the requirements are so numerous (droids, ships, GR toons, etc.) that CG has really painted themselves into a corner. Either a player has all/most of them or doesn't. And if they don't or are even missing only one or two by a decent enough amount (only have Shaak Ti, B1 or Anakin's ETA at 5*, for example) - then the really is no way to make it in time. No matter how much players may want to spend.

An odd choice, imho.

I think the ridiculously short notice doesn’t help at all, in terms of making money
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

An odd choice, imho.
    I think they are banking on panic gearing those players that do have the toons and we all know gear is very expensive in this game (1 stun gun = $20)
  • Options
    The pack was data mined, its a bundle for Shaak ti.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    raybron99 wrote: »

Link to a reddit post or other source?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    raybron99 wrote: »

Link to a reddit post or other source?

Yes please I second this because I'm 98 short now on Shaak-Ti
  • Options
    Paulos999 wrote: »

No.

Doesn't help for those of us without any clone ships.

If you don’t even have the clone ships 7* you shouldn’t be getting general Anakin it’s end game content.