JTR Squad without Resistance trooper?

Greetings,
as I am about to get JTR when she comes around this month, I am currently thinking about where I should put her in. I don’t have the resistance trooper and have a lot of other characters to farm, therefore I don’t have the resources to farm him right now.

That is the current Squad I have in mind:
JTR (lead), Finn, Poe, bb8 and R2.

I also have the R.Pilot, but no C3PO🙁.

Well, I know that I am not in such good position, but as soon as I get her, I would love to gear and Zeta her. Without the right squad I think she only would be dead weight for my roster.

Regards.
SWGoH

Replies

• Options
    Finn is far better than RT and it's better to use a tank (Poe) over RT if you already have another damage dealer. Your team is fine.
  • Options
    Hey @RandomSithLord ,
    thanks for the clarification.
    Regards.
    SWGoH
  • EdSolo
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Depends on your usage. For P1 HSTR, the team is generally JTR, R2, C-3PO (which you are missing), BB-8 and Finn. For a TW team, I usually keep C-3PO and R2 with CLS, so my resistance team becomes JTR, BB-8, Finn, Poe and RT. The one thing I like about RT, is the dispel on his special. Since cool downs get reset a lot on a resistance team, the dispel is in play a lot and great for taking on taunters.
  • Options
    Poe is just bad these days. Needed Finn's old lead to be even usable. Now? Just a pilot until he gets a rework.

Basically anyone in the Resistance faction is fine (if not necessarily good) on a JTR team except for Poe and Resistance Pilot.

The easy lineup- use Finn and Scav from the prerequisites as your +2- is better than slotting in Poe or Resistance Pilot, but it's better to replace Scav with Holdo as your main tank when you can. Unfortunately, Holdo is a high-investment unit with strange modding requirements who comes online fairly late.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    strange modding requirements who comes online fairly late.

Could you elaborate please on how she should be modded? I have her at 7* but not leveled yet.
    Thanks.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Could you elaborate please on how she should be modded? I have her at 7* but not leveled yet.
    Thanks.
    Despite being a tank, her usefulness isn't really governed by her bulk. JTR teams generally focus more on controlling the enemy, so she doesn't really need to eat too many attacks.

Holdo's opening bunker buster is most of her job. If all she does after that is eat a couple attacks then die, then she's done her job. The bunker buster can land AoE daze to shut down your opponent's TM engine, and it can multicrit to land a lot of expose and generate huge amounts of turn meter.

Problem. Maxed Holdo has 7% Potency and a 13% crit chance on her bunker buster. Even with R2's uniques and JTR's lead, not good.

So some combination of potency/crit chance primaries/sets/secondaries are in order to get those up to snuff, plus enough speed to ensure she'll go before the enemy to drop her bunker buster (after landing some crits with other units to feed her TM, most notably through R2's AoE), plus at least some tank standards like health, defense, and potency.
    Still not a he.