Good Job!

Prev1
PC_LILEDG3
157 posts Member
edited October 2019
During all the hate I'm seeing on the GAS event, I'm honestly baffled by people's responses.

Personally I think the requirements are brilliant and are in the right direction! I personally dont meet the requirements but I'm not mad about it as I focused on others things, but was already on the road for meeting the requirements!
Yall did a bang up job and I hope to see more events as brilliantly thought out as this one! Stoked to be able to participate in it when I'm able to!ewo2ubwtfakf.jpg

I've got some work to do on seps, and still need to unlock JKA for his ship lol
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

-
  • Options
    This is probably your first time experiencing this kind of thing. Once you've spent a bunch more time investing in characters you don't want, just to get the ones that you do, only to see them all become obselete again and again, you might change your tune.
  • Options
    You're "stoked" about content you might be able to access 6 months or a year from now, if ever, without even knowing details of the character's kit, or what the state of the game will be at that point? Many would be "baffled" by that.

One would think you'd be "stoked" about content you could actually access. But, if grinding many characters that haven't interested you enough for you to feel them worthy of farming on their own merits, okay then.

Still... how can a person be so interested in General Anakin to be excited despite that level of required farming/gearing, yet not bother to have Jedi Anakin unlocked? They're the same character, in the same time period, with a different outfit. 🤔

Seriously, please tell me you're joking. You have to be joking.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Before anyone asks, I do not know this person and this account is not also me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Before anyone asks, I do not know this person and this account is not also me.

Lies and slander.

I am suing, yes.
  • Options
    To be honest, \i wasn't expecting to get the next meta first time round anyway. I'm just glad I have some direction on where to farm.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    PC_LILEDG3 wrote: »
    This post was not a joke, I've been playing the game for a little over 2 years now and even though I've always been behind the meta, I'm consistently having fun. Even if the game isnt around anymore by the time I can get GAS, i dont care it's just a game lol. I think the reward for getting a character comes from the work you put in to achieve it. So even if its next summer I'd get GAS at least by then I'll have gotten some great geams geared up that I wanted to get anyway.

Don't worry, most of the forums don't have fun playing the game and get mad when someone does.

I don't know why though.
  • Options
    Event is OK, GAS being useless garbage (arena, raids, TW, GAC) at 5 stars what is not OK :D
  • Options
    Please show me a game that is truly free to play now a days.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    This post was not a joke, I've been playing the game for a little over 2 years now and even though I've always been behind the meta, I'm consistently having fun. Even if the game isnt around anymore by the time I can get GAS, i dont care it's just a game lol. I think the reward for getting a character comes from the work you put in to achieve it. So even if its next summer I'd get GAS at least by then I'll have gotten some great geams geared up that I wanted to get anyway.

Good for you. I enjoy the game as well. The great thing about the characters they required is that they will all help you out when run the geo TB. So they arent virtually useless characters, looking at you vet han. But all the seperatists droids have a specific node of function and o think it's a safe bet that a Padme team will be required somewhere when the LSTB releases in November. If you are still running hoth TB then you are managing to level some great characters to help you there as well.

That being said what I dont like is the unlock at 5 stars. Seems weird that legendary and journey characters have HAD easy requirements and give you the character at 7 stars but the toughest of the toughest events only unlock at 5. But I can live with, havent lost sleep yet...
  • Options

Modern Combat 5 is totally free. I mean, yeah you can buy stuff. But it doesn't give you as much advantage as actually playing. Playing is where you get your stuff. Not buying.

I kinda think this game is moving to what they do there. You have to play to earn exp to unlock higher tiers of weapons. As you play, you earn diamond dust. Which, you can use to purchase just about anything. It's fun as all get out! Matches last like 7 minutes. It's a blast! Lots of different classes. All classes have different weapons. And almost all the weapons have blueprints you can buy with diamond dust.

And Angry Birds is free too.
  • Options

They exist but you have to go outside to play them mostly... i.e. Tag, hide n seek, etc...
  • Options

They exist but you have to go outside to play them mostly... i.e. Tag, hide n seek, etc...

Back in my day, punishment to kids was to NOT let them outside.

In this era, punishment IS sending them outside.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

This game is truly free to play and many people do it that way. In fact someone here claims that their guild of 100 people is 100% f2p but that's definitely exaggerated.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    DHudson wrote: »
    Free-ish

It is literally 100% free to play for anyone who chooses to do so.
  • Options
    During all the hate I'm seeing on the GAS event, I'm honestly baffled by people's responses.

Personally I think the requirements are brilliant and are in the right direction! I personally dont meet the requirements but I'm not mad about it as I focused on others things, but was already on the road for meeting the requirements!
    Yall did a bang up job and I hope to see more events as brilliantly thought out as this one! Stoked to be able to participate in it when I'm able to!ewo2ubwtfakf.jpg

I've got some work to do on seps, and still need to unlock JKA for his ship lol

It's always nice to have a post titled "Good job!" And not have it be incredibly sarcastic.
    However i struggle to see the merit in a post made by someone who couldn't actually participate in the event and so doesnt really understand what most of the complaints were about, disparity between required and reccomended being requiring relics, terrible RNG in p4, 5* unlock of a toon gated behind GET1 currency, and lack of viability of the toon earned because of the star level lockout.

A good heros journey and legendary event can always be appreciated but the mark was missed with this event and it will have to be addressed at some point.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Terrible RNG?
  • Options

Fire Emblem Heroes

Star Trek Timelines

Spooky's House of Jumpscares

Jesus **** RPG

I can go on
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    SkylarSong wrote: »

Fire Emblem Heroes

Star Trek Timelines

Spooky's House of Jumpscares

Jesus **** RPG

I can go on
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    Terrible RNG?

Bit of an oxymoron I'll admit to that, just not a fan Rex 1st special in p4.
    Yes it's in his kit but it seems lazy when the greatest deciding factor in a good run and a bad run is when 4 characters end up at 100% turn meter on the enemy team amd then dont even consitantly use the same abilities everytime (looking at you echo).

The real enemy of p4 was RNG, having to fight Anikan was just an inconvenience.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    good for you, op.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Free-ish

This. Both of my sons played (one for two years) without putting any money into the game. He was a top 20 arena player too. His droids then his murder bears were better than mine. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Free-ish

You got me. It is free. Thanks for putting me in my place. Kudos to you. Gold star.

You are most welcome!
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Free-ish

You got me. It is free. Thanks for putting me in my place. Kudos to you. Gold star.

That's just crazy talk. @TVF doesnt deserve gold stars. Only bronze, I'll take platinum though.