The *real* state of SWGOH (for most endgamers)

Prev1
Geonosis - Super annoying unless you have leveled your separatists.Outside of that, if they didn't throw in a few charity rewards, nobody would play this. They've made it extra difficult on purpose, just to get you to buy what you need to win.
Grand Arena - Matchmaking is very uneven, and game is still struggling with cheaters. Not fun to continuously get beat. Get out the credit card, and you'll have a better chance.
Hoth - Useless, nobody plays this mode
Territory Battles - Again, very uneven matchups are extremely common.
Raids - Newest raid is almost 2 years old, most guilds have a few players that can solo the whole thing without much help from anyone else.
Relics - Just another excuse for you to get out your wallet, and buy more stuff to help you get ahead. That whole thing about using your stockpiles of useless gear? It all runs out once you get to tier 4 - then you need to start destroying relevant/useful gear. Guess you need to get out the credit card.
Ship PVP combat - Still massively unfair - basically since the release of the Falcon. Now getting even more silly with Gen Kenobi's ship. Get out the credit card again.
Arena PVP combat - Extremely boring, as you go against the same players again and again and again - not to mention the fact that you're basically up against one of about 3 types of teams.
Basic Holotables - ancient history except for simming the non-stop continuous farming you need to do to try and keep up with the massive onslaught of secondary characters you need to get for the sole purpose getting the one you actually want.
Galactic War - only used for simming to get shards.

So, being F2P, and having a normal, busy life, I have no chance to compete - I will constantly be behind the curve - Unless I PULL OUT THE CREDIT CARD. The devs have literally said they think we should be spending $100 / PER MONTH TO STAY RELEVANT ON A CELL PHONE GAME.

Meanwhile, the devs made a gross profit of 152 million dollars in 2018. That's over 12 million per month. Yeah, that's not NET profit, but for that kind of money I expect to see a much better game than this. There's absolutely no way that after paying their bills they're dumping any reasonable amount of money back into developing the game. They only thing they care about is figuring out more ways to get you to spend more.Their greed is completely out of control.

If this wasn't a star wars game it would be DEAD. IN. THE. WATER.

And now: All fanboys who feel compelled to defend CG / EA for some reason, form an orderly queue to tell me how wrong I am. (You won't convince me.)

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I like the game, shoot me.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Geonosis - Super annoying unless you have leveled your separatists.Outside of that, if they didn't throw in a few charity rewards, nobody would play this. They've made it extra difficult on purpose, just to get you to buy what you need to win.
    Grand Arena - Matchmaking is very uneven, and game is still struggling with cheaters. Not fun to continuously get beat. Get out the credit card, and you'll have a better chance.
    Raids - Newest raid is almost 2 years old, most guilds have a few players that can solo the whole thing without much help from anyone else.
    Relics - Just another excuse for you to get out your wallet, and buy more stuff to help you get ahead. That whole thing about using your stockpiles of useless gear? It all runs out once you get to tier 4 - then you need to start destroying relevant/useful gear. Guess you need to get out the credit card.
    Ship PVP combat - Still massively unfair - basically since the release of the Falcon. Now getting even more silly with Gen Kenobi's ship. Get out the credit card again.
    Arena PVP combat - Extremely boring, as you go against the same players again and again and again - not to mention the fact that you're basically up against one of about 3 types of teams.
    Basic Holotables - ancient history except for simming the non-stop continuous farming you need to do to try and keep up with the massive onslaught of secondary characters you need to get for the sole purpose getting the one you actually want.

So, being F2P, and having a normal, busy life, I have no chance to compete - I will constantly be behind the curve - Unless I PULL OUT THE CREDIT CARD. The devs have literally said they think we should be spending $100 / PER MONTH TO STAY RELEVANT ON A CELL PHONE GAME.

Meanwhile, the devs made a gross profit of 152 million dollars in 2018. That's over 12 million per month. Yeah, that's not NET profit, but for that kind of money I expect to see a much better game than this. There's absolutely no way that after paying their bills they're dumping any reasonable amount of money back into developing the game. They only thing they care about is figuring out more ways to get you to spend more.Their greed is completely out of control.

And now: All fanboys who feel compelled to defend CG / EA for some reason, form an orderly queue to tell me how wrong I am. (You won't convince me.)

I agree with your last sentence. No one will convince you otherwise. But that's not the point of this thread, is it?

You are entitled to your opinions and conclusions as everyone else is to theirs. I'll leave it and accept it at that.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options

♥️
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    You misspelled Territory Wars for Territory Battles.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    The devs have literally said they think we should be spending $100 / PER MONTH TO STAY RELEVANT ON A CELL PHONE GAME.

Source?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »
    The devs have literally said they think we should be spending $100 / PER MONTH TO STAY RELEVANT ON A CELL PHONE GAME.

Source?

I can’t find the exact quote- I think it was something that she said at EA this year.. but this tells the same story:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/527565-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-microtransactions
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Source?

I can’t find the exact quote- I think it was something that she said at EA this year.. but this tells the same story:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/527565-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-microtransactions

yea, those things aren't the same so you have to do better than that.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Disagree with OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

Source?

lol no. what she said was if someone wanted to catch up. SO if you started from the botom now you (want to be) here. lol like that **** video I'm hearing about where mobile gamer (iirc) spent like $750 to get GAS. No one has to spend that kind of money to stay on top, only if they aren't farming/planning/etc and then suddenly want the shiny object NOW! Or, as Carrie said, wants to get all the shiny objects all at once to "catch up"
  • Options
    Like I said, that’s not the original quote.. it was something she verbalized earlier this year .. it’s been on the forums before. Still, the link shows CG’s lack of respect for any FTP player- IE: the game is p2w. Example:

-release new “must have to compete” characters behind a massive pay wall
    -f2p players must plan resources to farm a swath of toons to get the one that whales will just buy out of the gate
    - the new must-have dominates for the whales, while f2p tries to catch up
    - then f2p base innovates/finds exploits with existing toons to take down “must-have”new paywall toons.
    - CG puts a stop to that real quick,ensuring that everyone who wants to truly compete, has to do so primarily with their wallet.

You won’t convince me otherwise. I really don’t understand why people defend them. (CG) There are lots of f2p games out there that are totally balanced, and nowhere near as motivated by greed as CG is. 12 million a month in gross revenue dude. TWELVE MILLION A MONTH. Yet they are constantly dangling **** in front of you to tempt you to just PAY TO WIN. Their greed is disgusting.
  • Options
    Although I don't agree with all of Zippy's points, to me the game is definitely not in a good place right now and after each update it seems to get worse. There are parts of the game that are great but more parts that make me wonder what da heck were they thinking.

My thought is that there are so many aspects of this game that could be different for the good of the game but EA and CG are so out of sync with the majority of the player base that it comes across as they don't give a crap and that's what frustrates me the most about SWGOH.
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” - Yoda
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Although I don't agree with all of Zippy's points, to me the game is definitely not in a good place right now and after each update it seems to get worse. There are parts of the game that are great but more parts that make me wonder what da heck were they thinking.

My thought is that there are so many aspects of this game that could be different for the good of the game but EA and CG are so out of sync with the majority of the player base that it comes across as they don't give a crap and that's what frustrates me the most about SWGOH.

It's very hard to please everyone, and even harder to know what the majority of the player base actually wants. Other than things that take time to create or things that would alter the in-game economy. If you assume the forum feedback actually represents the global opinion of the player base, then you need to remember that they hate new content as much as no content (ships 2.0, sith raid, geo tb).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Like I said, that’s not the original quote.. it was something she verbalized earlier this year .. it’s been on the forums before.

Yes, it's been misquoted and taken out of context on the forums before. Repeatedly.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Like I said, that’s not the original quote.. it was something she verbalized earlier this year .. it’s been on the forums before. Still, the link shows CG’s lack of respect for any FTP player- IE: the game is p2w. Example:

-f2p players must plan resources to farm a swath of toons to get the one that whales will just buy out of the gate
    - then f2p base innovates/finds exploits with existing toons to take down “must-have”new paywall toons.
    - CG puts a stop to that real quick,ensuring that everyone who wants to truly compete, has to do so primarily with their wallet.

You won’t convince me otherwise. I really don’t understand why people defend them. (CG) There are lots of f2p games out there that are totally balanced, and nowhere near as motivated by greed as CG is. 12 million a month in gross revenue dude. TWELVE MILLION A MONTH. Yet they are constantly dangling **** in front of you to tempt you to just PAY TO WIN. Their greed is disgusting.

no such thing as a pay wall

yes, FREE to play players have to plan while whales can buy.

yes, whales can get things sooner (except for events like GAS. and starring malak. and negotiator. and hoda/wampa etc)

the only thing I can think of was the unintended EP nerf (malak buff I guess is a better way to put it? i don't remember tbh)

Not sure why you think I'm trying to convince you, just pointed out where you are wrong. Facts aren't "defending cg." I'll never understand that argument. "CG says it cost 1 billion to get GAS!" "No, they didn't" "Stop defending them!" WUT
  • Options

1. So you're complaining that Geo TB isn't fun unless you gear the characters that are intended to be used in that game mode? Shocking. Also not sure what you mean about "charity rewards." Obviously Geo TB rewards would need to be better than Hoth rewards, given that it's meant to be the next step in TB. And yes, they've made it difficult on purpose, just like all new content, so that it's not immediately trivialized and it instead provides something for people to do on an on-going basis.

2. Personally, my GA matchmaking has been more even than it used to be pre-GAC days. It definitely still needs work though.

3. Yes, end-game players aren't playing Hoth because they're playing Geo.

4. Raids -- yes, we are getting due for a new raid, though devs have said they're working on it. Of course, when the raid comes out, people will whine and complain that it's too difficult because they can't immediately beat the heroic tier on auto.

5. Relics -- it's gear progression. Too close to the release of g13 in my opinion, but if you just assume everything is going to stagnate then you don't understand how these games work.

6. Ship PVP -- unfair how? Falcon dominated the meta, which you would expect from the second legendary ship to be released. Even at 5*, it was completely viable (and not a difficult farm to obtain). While Negotiator is cropping up, at least at 5* levels it's beatable (fairly consistently) with a Falcon fleet. Given that the Falcon has been out for 9 months, any "end game" player who doesn't have it has no one else to blame.

7. Arena PVP is no different now than it has been for years.

8. LS/DS/Cantina nodes are stagnant. Wouldn't mind new levels there

9. GW I would love a hard mode. Agree with you on that one.

Being F2P and having a normal busy life (ok, some may dispute "normal" :p ), I'm perfectly capable of competing at the highest levels in this game and staying with the curve.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options

1. So you're complaining that Geo TB isn't fun unless you gear the characters that are intended to be used in that game mode? Shocking. Also not sure what you mean about "charity rewards." Obviously Geo TB rewards would need to be better than Hoth rewards, given that it's meant to be the next step in TB. And yes, they've made it difficult on purpose, just like all new content, so that it's not immediately trivialized and it instead provides something for people to do on an on-going basis.

2. Personally, my GA matchmaking has been more even than it used to be pre-GAC days. It definitely still needs work though.

3. Yes, end-game players aren't playing Hoth because they're playing Geo.

4. Raids -- yes, we are getting due for a new raid, though devs have said they're working on it. Of course, when the raid comes out, people will whine and complain that it's too difficult because they can't immediately beat the heroic tier on auto.

5. Relics -- it's gear progression. Too close to the release of g13 in my opinion, but if you just assume everything is going to stagnate then you don't understand how these games work.

6. Ship PVP -- unfair how? Falcon dominated the meta, which you would expect from the second legendary ship to be released. Even at 5*, it was completely viable (and not a difficult farm to obtain). While Negotiator is cropping up, at least at 5* levels it's beatable (fairly consistently) with a Falcon fleet. Given that the Falcon has been out for 9 months, any "end game" player who doesn't have it has no one else to blame.

7. Arena PVP is no different now than it has been for years.

8. LS/DS/Cantina nodes are stagnant. Wouldn't mind new levels there

9. GW I would love a hard mode. Agree with you on that one.

Being F2P and having a normal busy life (ok, some may dispute "normal" :p ), I'm perfectly capable of competing at the highest levels in this game and staying with the curve.

Agree 100%
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

It's very hard to please everyone, and even harder to know what the majority of the player base actually wants. Other than things that take time to create or things that would alter the in-game economy. If you assume the forum feedback actually represents the global opinion of the player base, then you need to remember that they hate new content as much as no content (ships 2.0, sith raid, geo tb).

Finding out what the majority of what the player base wants and doesn’t want is really not that difficult. It does, however, require competent staff and hours, which requires investment. It’s obvious that CG/EA are either not interested in or not capable of this endeavor.

Ok I'll amend to say they already know what most people want.

1) New content

Being worked on, but everyone hates it when it comes out anyway.

2) More stuff

Bad for game economies and for encouraging spending.

Beyond that, no one agrees on anything and they can't please everyone no matter what.

• Options
    I think by "New Content", players might mean novel game modes. Hoth TB was novel when it came out. TW was novel when it came out. GA was novel-ish when it came out (some would argue it's just personal TW, which I wouldn't strongly disagree with).

Geo TB is not novel (though it has some novel components). GAC is not novel (though it could have been if implemented differently). MSF Blitz is an example of a novel way to use a character collection.

This forum used to be filled with a lot of creative people - I'm sure some of them would be more than able and willing to come up with novel game modes. A truly customer focused company might even consider crowd-sourcing the selection of the next major feature (Lego does something like this - I'm sure there are many other examples).
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Finding out what the majority of what the player base wants and doesn’t want is really not that difficult. It does, however, require competent staff and hours, which requires investment. It’s obvious that CG/EA are either not interested in or not capable of this endeavor.

Ok I'll amend to say they already know what most people want.

1) New content

Being worked on, but everyone hates it when it comes out anyway.

2) More stuff

Bad for game economies and for encouraging spending.

Beyond that, no one agrees on anything and they can't please everyone no matter what.

OK, this is something I actually know what I’m talking about and have experience with within 100 miles of their sacramento office.

I’ll ballpark you some numbers and a rough timeframe to get some reliable results.

3 staff on a contract basis at $5000 a month for 1 month, equaling $15,000 can produce some extremely relevant data in regards to this aspect of the game.

A competent manager could turn that data into millions of extra annual revenue and player satisfaction.

So why aren't they doing that? I mean, if it's 15k per month that could turn into millions each year, what's stopping them?
    Forgive me for being sceptical, but can you really blame me? Who would believe some random guy on a forum saying that for 15k a month one of the more successfull freemium games could make millions more per year.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    So why aren't they doing that? I mean, if it's 15k per month that could turn into millions each year, what's stopping them?
    Forgive me for being sceptical, but can you really blame me? Who would believe some random guy on a forum saying that for 15k a month one of the more successfull freemium games could make millions more per year.

They're probably not doing it because they're probably already doing it.
  • Options

no such thing as a pay wall

yes, FREE to play players have to plan while whales can buy.

yes, whales can get things sooner (except for events like GAS. and starring malak. and negotiator. and hoda/wampa etc)

the only thing I can think of was the unintended EP nerf (malak buff I guess is a better way to put it? i don't remember tbh)

Not sure why you think I'm trying to convince you, just pointed out where you are wrong. Facts aren't "defending cg." I'll never understand that argument. "CG says it cost 1 billion to get GAS!" "No, they didn't" "Stop defending them!" WUT

The pay wall they use is this:

You can just BUY the character right away vs making people who are f2p spend months farming and planning to get the same thing. By the time they get it, CG has released another paywall character - and the cycle begins again. After 3+ years of playing as f2p I have stables of well geared useless toons and ships that can barely compete because I will never spend money to get this stuff out of the gate. To be honest, I might even consider it if it WASN’T INSANELY OVERPRICED - once again pointing out their GREED.

Probably your Geonosis experience is different than mine - I personally don’t enjoy getting curb stomped in every single battle. There’s a big difference in gaming between facing a challenge, and getting murdered into the ground before you ever had a chance. This wouldn’t be a problem, except that since everyone needs the annoying rewards from geo, there’s no choice but to run it every time. Even though it’s really NOT FUN for most people.

Challenge is not equal to - “let’s just make it super annoyingly difficult UNLESS they have separatists WHICH WE CONVENIENTLY START SELLING IN THE STORE FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF AROUND $1500 FOR THE WHOLE PACKAGE”

Making this stuff isn’t as hard as it seems, and I really can’t understand why people would defend CG. Every, single decision they make is more about GREED AND MONEY rather than making a fun game. I have not seen one single thing added to the game in the last 18 months that isn’t about money.

And yeah - no **** - they need to make money.. all developers do - but there are plenty of other examples of free to play games that aren’t as shamelessly greed-focused as this one is.

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If you are getting curb stomped every battle, you need a stronger roster. If your guild is getting curb stomped every battle, you need to go back to Hoth. 4/4 waves on almost every mission is very doable until the last phase, provided you use the right teams, have them geared reasonably well (even G11), and use the mission abilities properly.

Also if you insist there are paywalls in this game, then you are not using the term properly.
  • Options

You can just BUY the character right away vs making people who are f2p spend months farming and planning to get the same thing. By the time they get it, CG has released another paywall character - and the cycle begins again. After 3+ years of playing as f2p I have stables of well geared useless toons and ships that can barely compete because I will never spend money to get this stuff out of the gate. To be honest, I might even consider it if it WASN’T INSANELY OVERPRICED - once again pointing out their GREED.

That's not a paywall. That's the way many collection-based freemium games work. Long-term F2P can keep up with character farming. If you're judicious with gearing, then you can keep up with meta/raid/event teams, but you don't have the depth that whales have. And heavy spenders who have been playing as long as you have far more well geared characters and ships that aren't currently viable in some game mode.
    Probably your Geonosis experience is different than mine - I personally don’t enjoy getting curb stomped in every single battle. There’s a big difference in gaming between facing a challenge, and getting murdered into the ground before you ever had a chance. This wouldn’t be a problem, except that since everyone needs the annoying rewards from geo, there’s no choice but to run it every time. Even though it’s really NOT FUN for most people.

1) Stop assume you're "most people." 2) On the separatist front, only one of the Geos is new--the rest have been in the game for 3+ years. The new Geo was put directly into a cantina node (before signal data existed) making it a very f2p friendly farm. Three of the separatist droids have been in the game a long time, as have Dooku, AV, and Nute. Sure many of them weren't meta, but many of them were not particularly rough to gear because they were old, existing characters. They also make useful teams across multiple game modes, and unlock a legendary that is very useful. This isn't necessarily different than Phoenix in Hoth TB, or Imperial Troopers -- teams that many people didn't have geared up, that needed to be geared for missions.
    Challenge is not equal to - “let’s just make it super annoyingly difficult UNLESS they have separatists WHICH WE CONVENIENTLY START SELLING IN THE STORE FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF AROUND $1500 FOR THE WHOLE PACKAGE”

Yeah, it's really ridiculous that a territory battle that takes place on the battle of geonosis, during the clone war, requires separatist characters. Also, I'd note that the best current p4 team is NS, of which AV is the only separatist.
    Making this stuff isn’t as hard as it seems, and I really can’t understand why people would defend CG. Every, single decision they make is more about GREED AND MONEY rather than making a fun game. I have not seen one single thing added to the game in the last 18 months that isn’t about money.

And yeah - no **** - they need to make money.. all developers do - but there are plenty of other examples of free to play games that aren’t as shamelessly greed-focused as this one is.

What exactly could they add that wouldn't, in your books, count as being "about GREED AND MONEY"? Any new content has to be more difficult, because if it's easily clearable by people with their existing rosters, it becomes rote very quickly.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

The matchmaking is far more even than it was before the introduction of championships.

If you continuously get beat, work on your roster, strategy and execution instead of blaming the matchmaking. Yes, you may get matched against some tough oppponents in the first GA of the 4, but as players progress through leagues at different paces, the matches will become more and more even.

Endgame players don't, but weaker/newer guilds do. I'm sure, they disagree with you.

Unfair? Don't be silly. HMF is easy to get as a f2p player. It always was. There are counters to both HMF and Negotiator fleets.
    So, being F2P, and having a normal, busy life, I have no chance to compete -
    Many f2p players can compete. Yes, only few got GAS the first time around, but I'm sure that many f2p end-game players will get him on the second occurence of his event.
    I will constantly be behind the curve -

Accepting it, might help you have fun even if you're a step behind.

You don't need to realise how wrong you are on some points. You're still wrong either way.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Source?

Please define, what you mean by "staying relevant".
  • Options

That's not a paywall. That's the way many collection-based freemium games work. Long-term F2P can keep up with character farming. If you're judicious with gearing, then you can keep up with meta/raid/event teams, but you don't have the depth that whales have. And heavy spenders who have been playing as long as you have far more well geared characters and ships that aren't currently viable in some game mode.

1) Stop assume you're "most people." 2) On the separatist front, only one of the Geos is new--the rest have been in the game for 3+ years. The new Geo was put directly into a cantina node (before signal data existed) making it a very f2p friendly farm. Three of the separatist droids have been in the game a long time, as have Dooku, AV, and Nute. Sure many of them weren't meta, but many of them were not particularly rough to gear because they were old, existing characters. They also make useful teams across multiple game modes, and unlock a legendary that is very useful. This isn't necessarily different than Phoenix in Hoth TB, or Imperial Troopers -- teams that many people didn't have geared up, that needed to be geared for missions.

Yeah, it's really ridiculous that a territory battle that takes place on the battle of geonosis, during the clone war, requires separatist characters. Also, I'd note that the best current p4 team is NS, of which AV is the only separatist.

What exactly could they add that wouldn't, in your books, count as being "about GREED AND MONEY"? Any new content has to be more difficult, because if it's easily clearable by people with their existing rosters, it becomes rote very quickly.

Exactly this: Engaging content that uses characters THAT WE ALREADY HAVE DEVELOPED/GEARED

But that won’t happen, because there’s no money (well, not as much money anyway) in doing this.

Your geonosis argument is silly. Yes, many of those toons were available before.. but hardly anybody had them maxxed. IE- the majority don’t care about them. So why-oh-why did CG choose Geonosis then? Because it was just another way to sell you something. Why can’t we run hoth at the same time? Because they want to keep the gear scarce - to keep people spending. That hilarious **** statement they made about it being “too difficult for officers” is LAUGHABLE.

There are definitely ways to add new, engaging, AND CHALLENGING, content without it being mostly about CG dangling stuff they want you to purchase in front of you. If you can’t understand this, you are incredibly short-sighted.

And if you think I’m the only one dissatisfied with the state of this game, just look around the forums. There are a lot of end gamers that are unhappy.

CHALLENGING IS NOT EQUAL TO:

Make it so hard it’s almost impossible unless you have very specific toons.

Instead why not: a challenge that can reward not only the dopes who drop $1k+ Per month, but also someone who is f2p - and has already invested tons of hours in the game.

They took the easy / greedy way out, and just made it all about buying more crap from the store. If you doubt this: then why else do you think they immediately put GEONOSIANS and separatists in the store for purchase? Is that some kind of coincidence? Um, no. It’s an OBVIOUS, SCUMMY CASH GRAB.
  • Options

Exactly this: Engaging content that uses characters THAT WE ALREADY HAVE DEVELOPED/GEARED

But that won’t happen, because there’s no money (well, not as much money anyway) in doing this.

Your geonosis argument is silly. Yes, many of those toons were available before.. but hardly anybody had them maxxed. IE- the majority don’t care about them. So why-oh-why did CG choose Geonosis then? Because it was just another way to sell you something. Why can’t we run hoth at the same time? Because they want to keep the gear scarce - to keep people spending. That hilarious **** statement they made about it being “too difficult for officers” is LAUGHABLE.

There are definitely ways to add new, engaging, AND CHALLENGING, content without it being mostly about CG dangling stuff they want you to purchase in front of you. If you can’t understand this, you are incredibly short-sighted.

And if you think I’m the only one dissatisfied with the state of this game, just look around the forums. There are a lot of end gamers that are unhappy.

CHALLENGING IS NOT EQUAL TO:

Make it so hard it’s almost impossible unless you have very specific toons.

Instead why not: a challenge that can reward not only the dopes who drop $1k+ Per month, but also someone who is f2p - and has already invested tons of hours in the game.

They took the easy / greedy way out, and just made it all about buying more crap from the store. If you doubt this: then why else do you think they immediately put GEONOSIANS and separatists in the store for purchase? Is that some kind of coincidence? Um, no. It’s an OBVIOUS, SCUMMY CASH GRAB.

Of course they put the separatists in the store for purchase. Guess what -- they STILL put the hoth characters in the store for purchase every TB (currently, there are imperial trooper and empire packs for DS Hoth). They almost always put the character packs, because there are a variety of people at different points in the game's lifecycle, who spend at different levels. So they provide the option to buy the packs or farm the shards the old-fashioned way.

As far as using characters already developed and geared, different people have different characters developed and geared. Should we base this on your roster or mine? Given that all kits work differently, content is generally going to be geared toward certain teams over others.

Why geonosis? Well, we have the OT trilogy TBs already, so why not a prequel era TB? Just because *you* didn't want to gear separatists doesn't mean everyone hates the idea. While I had some seps geared for Padme and a JKR counter team in GA, I had to gear more for this TB. I don't mind having had to do that, and enjoy having another fun-to-play team. And if you had spent any time on this forum prior to this spring, you would've seen all the people asking for prequel era content. Speaking of the forum, of course the more vocal people are people complaining -- people who are content are less likely to come to the forum to start a post "hey CG, just wanted to say all is cool. nothing to complain about." And those that do say it are shouted down as shills because, god forbid, they're not rabidly attacking everything CG does/says.

Finally, as a f2p who has invested tons of hours in the game, I find the new content (mostly) enjoyable.