New Ship Meta

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
I would just like to make a quick point. Prescribing a new meta by adding one powerful Capital ship so we simply have to put that in instead - along side the Eta-2 is not really "breathing new life" into ships. It's just swapping out AA+HMF/HT for Negotiator + Eta-2/HT.

Any "diversity" will just be a function of how long it takes shards to switch. C'mon man - at least try to make things interesting.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    save your GET2, get the malevolance next month.
    You especially, since you didn't farm ETA ;p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I suspect they are trying to set up a rock-paper-scissors scenario between H1, Negotiator and Malevolence (or whatever Seppie capital ship we get).

I guess we will see as things play out.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    save your GET2, get the malevolance next month.
    You especially, since you didn't farm ETA ;p

Ironically, my 5 star Eta-2 works just fine with R7 JKA pilot. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    The main problem of the new meta is that the key ship can be opened only through guild effort. So to have a good rank in individual battles you must be in very good guild or you don't have any chance to compete (unless meta becomes paper-rock-scissors).

This may not be a problem for veteran players and old fleet shards but it will have bad consequences for younger shards.

I'm almost 3M GP player from 61M guild. I can either stay in guild I like or get Negotiator and remain competitive in fleet battles. Not a good choice.
  • Options
    Ladislav wrote: »
    The main problem of the new meta is that the key ship can be opened only through guild effort. So to have a good rank in individual battles you must be in very good guild or you don't have any chance to compete (unless meta becomes paper-rock-scissors).

This may not be a problem for veteran players and old fleet shards but it will have bad consequences for younger shards.

I'm almost 3M GP player from 61M guild. I can either stay in guild I like or get Negotiator and remain competitive in fleet battles. Not a good choice.

Yeah same here. My guild is not particularly strong so I don't have the possibility to unlock Negotiator, while half of the top 50 have it already. It's a struggle to climb. Very annoying that you sometimes need to decide between your guild or individual success.
  • Options
    Oh and many fleet battles are decided by which Eta-2 happens to land buff immunity on the enemy HT. So not only is it mundane and boring, but it's fairly RNG dependent to boot. Sometimes I wonder if the developers play the game and/or listen to player feedback on what they like and don't like at all.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Is it perhaps time for you to join me in my crusade to get rid of fleet alltogether? ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Is it perhaps time for you to join me in my crusade to get rid of fleet alltogether? ;)

My sword is yours.

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Oh and many fleet battles are decided by which Eta-2 happens to land buff immunity on the enemy HT. So not only is it mundane and boring, but it's fairly RNG dependent to boot. Sometimes I wonder if the developers play the game and/or listen to player feedback on what they like and don't like at all.

I found it is more about which negotiator goes first, or which anakin resists daze (that's a game changer when it happens)
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I found it is more about which negotiator goes first, or which anakin resists daze (that's a game changer when it happens)

True. You are correct. So the fleet meta has now been reduced to which Poe Negotiator goes first. Awesome. 1 step forward, 3 years back. :D