Need opinions on my characters

Ajaxx84
2 posts Member
edited December 2015
I am trying to decide who to star up and who to use for my pvp arena team.

My Player level is 39.

Currently my team is
  • 4* Barriss Offee (0/65 for 5*) Can not aquire yet
  • 4* Talia (48/65 for 5*) Acquiring from Cantina Battles and Hard modes
  • 4* Ahsoka Tano (20/65 for 5*) Acquiring from Cantina shipments
  • 4* Asajj Ventress (55/65 for 5*) Aquiring from Arena Shipments
  • 3* Chewbacca (18/30 for 4*) Aquiring from Cantina battles and Hard modes

Other characters I have that I could sub in are :
  • 4* Jedi Knight Anakin (0/65)
  • 4* Rey (0/65)
  • 4* Nute Gunray (0/65)
  • 4* Poggle The Lesser (45/65)
  • 3* Princess Leia (5/30)
  • 3* Jawa (0/30)
  • 3* Hoth Rebel Scout (12/30)
  • 3* Count Dooku (3/30)
  • 3* Captain Phasma (0/30)
  • 3* Nightsister Initiate (0/30)
  • 3* Stormtrooper (1/30)
  • 3* Resistance Trooper (3/30)
  • 2* Jedi Consular (14/25)
  • 2* Teebo (12/25)
  • 2* IG-86 (12/25)
  • 2* Royal Guard (10/25)
  • 2* Geonosian Soldier
  • 2* Snowtrooper (7/25)
  • 2* Kit Fisto (5/25)
  • 2* Ewok Scout (0/25)
  • 1* Clone Sergeant (13/15)
  • 1* Coruscant Underworld Police (2/15)

I included the low * Characters as I am not opposed to taking the time to build them up to place into my team if reasonable justification is provided. I would like to stray away from Data pack exclusives to some degree as I don't plan on investing a ton into this game right now (bought the heroine pack when I started playing and don't plan on putting any more in for a while).

I have had some real lucky pulls so I feel I have a decent list of characters to choose from but I am just not sure which ones will build into anything substantial later on.

Characters I am considering the team integration are
  • Count Dooku
  • Jedi Knight Anakin
  • Captain Phasma
  • Rey
  • Nightsister Initiate

Any and all input will be accepted and appreciated. Responses with a little more detain on why you suggest specific characters will be much more appreciated then the ones that are simply "Use so-and-so he is cool!"

Thanks ~ Ajaxx
Post edited by Ajaxx84 on

Replies

• Options
    If you get more droids work on poggle l, droids are going to be beast just says my. If your running jedi I'm team anakin with that being defense bonus
  • Options
    Ajaxx84 wrote: »
    I am trying to decide who to star up and who to use for my pvp arena team.

My Player level is 39.

Currently my team is
    • 4* Barriss Offee (0/65 for 5*) Can not aquire yet
    • 4* Talia (48/65 for 5*) Acquiring from Cantina Battles and Hard modes
    • 4* Ahsoka Tano (20/65 for 5*) Acquiring from Cantina shipments
    • 4* Asajj Ventress (55/65 for 5*) Aquiring from Arena Shipments
    • 3* Chewbacca (18/30 for 4*) Aquiring from Cantina battles and Hard modes

Other characters I have that I could sub in are :
    • 4* Jedi Knight Anakin (0/65)
    • 4* Rey (0/65)
    • 4* Nute Gunray (0/65)
    • 4* Poggle The Lesser (45/65)
    • 3* Princess Leia (5/30)
    • 3* Jawa (0/30)
    • 3* Hoth Rebel Scout (12/30)
    • 3* Count Dooku (3/30)
    • 3* Captain Phasma (0/30)
    • 3* Nightsister Initiate (0/30)
    • 3* Stormtrooper (1/30)
    • 3* Resistance Trooper (3/30)
    • 2* Jedi Consular (14/25)
    • 2* Teebo (12/25)
    • 2* IG-86 (12/25)
    • 2* Royal Guard (10/25)
    • 2* Geonosian Soldier
    • 2* Snowtrooper (7/25)
    • 2* Kit Fisto (5/25)
    • 2* Ewok Scout (0/25)
    • 1* Clone Sergeant (13/15)
    • 1* Coruscant Underworld Police (2/15)

I included the low * Characters as I am not opposed to taking the time to build them up to place into my team if reasonable justification is provided. I would like to stray away from Data pack exclusives to some degree as I don't plan on investing a ton into this game right now (bought the heroine pack when I started playing and don't plan on putting any more in for a while).

I have had some real lucky pulls so I feel I have a decent list of characters to choose from but I am just not sure which ones will build into anything substantial later on.

Characters I am considering the team integration are
    • Count Dooku
    • Jedi Knight Anakin
    • Captain Phasma
    • Rey
    • Nightsister Initiate

Any and all input will be accepted and appreciated. Responses with a little more detain on why you suggest specific characters will be much more appreciated then the ones that are simply "Use so-and-so he is cool!"

Thanks ~ Ajaxx

In your position, I would drop Talia and maybe chewie. Try to focus on one char from each shipment and build them up to 7 star based on which ones you like.

When you get lvl 40 you can start GW. I would recommend (strongly) luminara. When you have built her up a bit she can replace bariss, who will not upgrade very well due to lack of shards. So your plan might be:
    GW: luminara
    Arena: ventress
    Cantina shipments: ashoka
    cantina energy: ???

Keep bariss for now--she is decent. The one thing you might consider adding is some utility or disruption (eg stuns, slows, boosts, taunts, counters, etc). Between luminara, ashoka, ventress, you don't really have that. Phasma is good but don't forsake luminara to get Phasma.

In general though I would try to focus one one team and build the up. Make sure you like ventress before you commit to her. She is OK at higher levels (6-star gear vii) but she is not super impressive until she is built up, largely due to her VERY slow speed.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Also forgot to add that ashoka is not overly strong. She has high critical chance but lowish hp and no utility (except maybe a weak heal). She is usually my 2nd kill, not because she is a threat, but because she goes down so easily.

There are several other good options from cantina. Some like daka for darkside storyline. Boba feet and fives are good utility options for arena.
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Ajaxx84
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thank you Rheen for your insight. I have already put Luminara on my "to get" list along with Boba Fett. I'm actually at 17/50 Shards for Luminara already from farming her hardmode each day since I unlocked it.

Right now though I was mostly looking at who to use up until that point in time. If I drop Talia from my current group who, from who I have, would you recommend replacing her with? Same with Chewie. Or were you suggesting to drop her after I had acquired a few other heroes?

Also I know from playing other games of a similar genre that sometimes the weak little 1*-2* guys when fully trained up can become something worthwhile (Summoners war for example training up Shannon or Bernard is a must for farming giants and other dungeons). Any of the 1-3* guys I have worth a possible investment into their future?