Evasion as leader ability.

I have read several posts on the forum recently arguing for having Dooku as leader in Squad Arena. I have never understood evasion and why this leader ability is better then Sids or QGJs. What makes Dooku a great leader and how would you form my arena team?

12596585_1310359515647318_1108917722_o.jpg?oh=0a0557535efa5997822a621ba6178d17&oe=56F06803

Replies

• Options
    Hu
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Lopcode wrote: »
    I have read several posts on the forum recently arguing for having Dooku as leader in Squad Arena. I have never understood evasion and why this leader ability is better then Sids or QGJs. What makes Dooku a great leader and how would you form my arena team?

12596585_1310359515647318_1108917722_o.jpg?oh=0a0557535efa5997822a621ba6178d17&oe=56F06803

Hey Lopcode! Good job building your team! It is actually pretty darn solid. I have been running Dooku lead because my goal for whoever is attacking me, to make their time against my team as annoying as possible, constant evasion helps greatly with this, and yes, I rank #1 at the payout time, and don't drop very far. So onto team composition. I'd say your team will find the most success with QGJ (L) dooku yoda Sid and Lumi, Speed is still king for the rest of the month.. If you wanted to try a dooku lead, it is a little less effective when attacking, but your AI will be dodging seemingly every other turn. Dooku (L) Yoda/Kylo lumi QGJ and Sid/Kylo. I personally am running Dooku (L) Rey GS lumi and QGJ, so I'm not really sacrificing much damage by putting him in as leader. Your squad will be a little short on damage, that's why I recommend QGJ lead. Really all you need is a good comp, you have enough stars, with arena refreshes you could be taking #1!!
  • Breetai
    858 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku Eva teams are great. I have been running this team before they fixed it as yoda was bugged and granting everyone an Eva buff when he did meditation. But you have to have the right team for it to work. I run

Dooku
    Rey
    Yoda
    Qgj
    GS

You could run.lumi, or sid in this group switching out GS and qgj, just them 2 are to good to take out.

When you dodge with dooku lead, you get a off up buff for 1 turn. That is what the big deal is. You will dodge 3 or 4 attacks a match, and them dodges pretty much means you just won as every one of the toons will 1 shot anyone with off up buffs, and yes dooku can as well as I seen my dooku crit for over 5k, get a bonus attack and crit again and kill lumi at full health.

Also take in the fact Rey and Yoda gets insight, which is a garrentee dodge, which means garrentee off up buff. I know longer start with meditation with Yoda, unless old Ben is on the other team, as I want him to get insight first, then pass it, or dodge and pass the off up buff
  • Options
    @Mazurka Thank you for your answer, I tried some different teams yesterday and as you said I found the QGJ lead better then when Dooku was leading the team. I just made my Dooku to 7 stars and my hopes is to break in to the top 50 (usually around 110-70).
  • Options
    @Breetai thanks for your response. Just made Dooku to 7* and all the characters I wanted in 7* from cantina is that now. I'm not sure if I'm going to go with GS who hopefully will be useful after the update, or go with Bariss just to get 7* Yoda.