I don't have a problem with the new "GAS Event" per se but ...

I don't have a problem with the new "GAS Event" per se but what I don't like is the dangerous precedent that it could very well be setting.
I don't have GAS, nor do I have Darth Malak; but I get that these two events are good for CG and do set for the players some "Ultimate End Game Content" to aim for. And thus, if these are the only two events of this style that we will be getting for a long time, fair enough.

But if every new character of note, every new "meta definiing" character, is now going to start being released this way then we have problems. If you now have to pay through the nose to get each new "meta defining" character or quest for it for several months, then a few months later a new "meta defining" character comes out ... that's not good for the game. That's just going to cause a lot of anger and resentment that will never dissipate because CG will be stoking it again every few months.

With Ep IX just around the corner and tie-in in-game content all but inevitable, I am slightly wary of what new content we're going to see but I am extremely wary of how it's going to be given to us. If a new Rey or Kylo or whomever comes along who is even more powerful than GAS and requires another investment of currency with little to no advance warning, that really will be the final nail in the game's coffin.

I hope CG keep the Darth Malak and GAS events as unique and distinct and don't make this the new norm.

Replies

• Options
    In the big scheme of things, I don’t think they are actually good for CG. The money grab with such poor content is clearly an indication that they’re mailing it in.

No content released in the last year qualifies as fun. New. Innovative. And god forbid they bring any new Star Wars content to the world.

Like the children’s book, when you keep taking more water out of the bucket than you’re putting in, you’re a dipper. That’s bad for any relationship; business or otherwise. and it’s clear this is all business now.

The event is poorly conceived. Success is a function of money and RNG. Not skill. and it’s not even a 7* unlock despite the difficulty and requirements. Relative to prior 7* events, this is a horrible new precedent.

This isn’t a game any more. It is a cash cow. I’m not entertained. And the reward isn’t worth it any more. My time and money are better spend on something I enjoy. And this game is no longer enjoyable to me.

Good luck everyone else.