Is it better to keep my GP low in Grand Arena?

I am currently in division 10 at GP 798.9k and scared to upgrade any character because I don't want to move to Division 9.

Will it be harder in division 9 then 10 or does it not matter if your under 1 million GP or something?

Why do I see people with over 800k of GP in division 10 that has a cap at 799.9k?

Is the GP for each division, a character GP or the main GP (of both character and ship GP)?

Please Help!
Thanks

Replies

• Options
    At that GP I would not be concerned. I am sandbagging under 2.5 though until my top 10 teams are rock solid. The reason is whether or not you can climb to kyber. If you can than it can make sense to sandbag in.

My doing it is not slowing my roster progression. I'm hitting Kyber, while developing my arena team and other important farming. So it isn't a big deal, but if any way the sandbagging delays your obtaining fleet or squad crystals you should move on.

It's economics really.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    McGgee101 wrote: »
    Will it be harder in division 9 then 10 or does it not matter if your under 1 million GP or something?
    It shouldn’t be too much more difficult.
    Why do I see people with over 800k of GP in division 10 that has a cap at 799.9k?
    Because their GP went over 800k after the division lock on Oct 2nd. They are stuck in div 10 until the next championship starts.
    Is the GP for each division, a character GP or the main GP (of both character and ship GP)?
    Total GP, so both character and ship GP.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    You should keep your roster "lean," i.e. don't upgrade characters you aren't using, but refusing to upgrade stuff just because it increases your GP won't help you.

Remember, when you cross a GAC threshold, you'll get matched up with other people who did. So you might be stretched thin, but so are they.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    One of the most important things to keep in mind is that your division was locked at the start of this GAC season, which was back on Oct 2nd. So at this point it won't hurt to increase your GP.
  • Options
    I play on 2 accounts: my main has over 5MillionGP and let me tell you.....GAC sucks. I now lose more than I win:

My alt account has 3.1MillionGP and I win more than I lose.

Not saying keep it low or bring it higher. Just use that information however you want.
  • Options
    I the case of my alt, I have over 2.5 million GP, but I trim down to just under 2.49 before GAC.

The reasoning is not that I face worse opponents - that bit doesn't change, because it is based on teh GP of your top X toons. What changes though is the number of teams that you must have. I would have to put one more team on defense at 2.5 million than I do at 2.49 million, and I don't have that team. I would end up putting trash on defense, or putting one of my offensive teams on defense. But then I have one fewer offensive team to beat the one extra team my opponent has at 2.5 million GP.

So for me, it is better to trim the fat and stay under 2.5 million GP
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    One of the most important things to keep in mind is that your division was locked at the start of this GAC season, which was back on Oct 2nd. So at this point it won't hurt to increase your GP.

Your roster updates at the start of each individual GAC bracket. You don't get locked in for the full season at the start.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png