Old Republic questions

Why is Malak's lead Sith Empire but JKR is Jedi and not limited to OR?

Strict OR tag for JKR seems appropriate given CG has been developing predetermined team comps. (It's odd, for me anyway, to see GMY with Revan) Why did T3 get an OR tag that's useless? Needs synergy with JKR.

JKR JoJo Bshan Juhani T3. Run Wampa with Carth.

Why doesn't Visas have synergy with DN? (Similar to how Snips has passive synergy with Ani and GK). Something like; "if DN is present Visas cant be debuffed"

Traya DN Sion Visas SiT
Dr Malak Dshan HK Marauder/Assassin

Replies

• Options
    Because they never played the game and are not real fans so they dont understand how these characters work. Anyone who played kotor knows visas marr was nihilus apprentice and had a force bond with him and nihilus could not be killed without vissas marr or exile. Also traya scion and nihilus are part of revans sith empire. Hk also was part of old republic team. They only know the OT thats why c3po and r2d2 have all the proper tags( rebel, resistance, galactic republic).
  • Options
    mazewindoo wrote: »
    Because they never played the game and are not real fans so they dont understand how these characters work. Anyone who played kotor knows visas marr was nihilus apprentice and had a force bond with him and nihilus could not be killed without vissas marr or exile. Also traya scion and nihilus are part of revans sith empire. Hk also was part of old republic team. They only know the OT thats why c3po and r2d2 have all the proper tags( rebel, resistance, galactic republic).

I keep hoping that they fix that. Visas is such a great character and she has no place in this game.
  • Options
    DHudson wrote: »
    Why is Malak's lead Sith Empire

Did you mean Darth Revan's?
  • Options
    Well because you also gotta look at the fact that this is a game about all of SW and not KOTOR.

JKR wouldnt be able to touch Traya if he had to be forced with Zaalbar & T3.

While DR & Malak had to be forced in a SE tag as the sith in the game already would make that team too OP
  • Options
    Well because you also gotta look at the fact that this is a game about all of SW and not KOTOR.

JKR wouldnt be able to touch Traya if he had to be forced with Zaalbar & T3.

While DR & Malak had to be forced in a SE tag as the sith in the game already would make that team too OP

Why not give the kotor toons the proper tags and synergies like they did r2d2 and c3po?
  • Options
    Visas doesn't have a fraction tag at all *facepalm*
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Visas doesn't have a fraction tag at all *facepalm*

She's 1/2 the character she could be
  • Options
    Welll... I'm pretty sure they were planning more synergy but had some issues with the integration and game balance.

For example: Bastila Fallen originally had the Old Republic tag, but they changed it for Sith Empire when Darth Revan was released.

Also, T3 has great droid support and it looked like HK would be getting the Old Republic tag with his rework but instead he was Sith Empire only.

I'm betting they had issues with making the Darth Revan meta work with all the KOTOR support characters without creating a double Revan and double Bastila meta.

Now it's a bit awkward with no T3 and HK synergy and Canderous being the only dark side character in the Old Republic.
  • Options
    Welll... I'm pretty sure they were planning more synergy but had some issues with the integration and game balance.

For example: Bastila Fallen originally had the Old Republic tag, but they changed it for Sith Empire when Darth Revan was released.

Also, T3 has great droid support and it looked like HK would be getting the Old Republic tag with his rework but instead he was Sith Empire only.

I'm betting they had issues with making the Darth Revan meta work with all the KOTOR support characters without creating a double Revan and double Bastila meta.

Now it's a bit awkward with no T3 and HK synergy and Canderous being the only dark side character in the Old Republic.

Spot on-
    Game balance trumps the logic, and it needs to. Of course developers can always stick to the character representing a moment in time when they are only loyal to a particular faction.
    I suspect that Visas will get a tag when they get to releasing Mitra and her crew. Not sure what tag they will get ... something exile related maybe.

• Options
    Blame Revan, he synergized with ALL jedi and break the game, thats why visas dont have tag yet and newly released/reworked jedi has so many faction limit.

Imagine that Darth Revan synergized with all sith, huh.
  • Options
    Visas is a fun plug and play in a Carth squad. I recommend it if you haven't tried it. But it would be better if she could assist and be assisted along with everyone else.
  • Options
    Visas is a fun plug and play in a Carth squad. I recommend it if you haven't tried it. But it would be better if she could assist and be assisted along with everyone else.

That single hard node stops me...uh.
    going without refresh takes forever.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Blame Revan, he synergized with ALL jedi and break the game, thats why visas dont have tag yet and newly released/reworked jedi has so many faction limit.

If only...maybe he could have been are a viable ;)

• Options
    Pulsipher wrote: »

If only...maybe he could have been are a viable ;)

Goodest grammar in the game;
  • Options

That single hard node stops me...uh.
    going without refresh takes forever.

It was a guilty pleasure type farm for me. Sometimes you just need to farm a character you like, good or not.