Incentive to add new chars to Arena and GW shipments

Preemo_Magin
1826 posts Member
edited March 2016
Most have hoarded huge amounts of tokens in this farm locations expecting chars. This makes adding new chars a very hugely easy "make him 7*" in two weeks, and has resulted in no new chars in these locations since Phasma addition in Dec. what would be your top choice to deal with this and request CG to make this farming locations interesting again?

Incentive to add new chars to Arena and GW shipments 46 votes

Limit refresh to 1 per day
13%
ThomasLyleFAED_Emperorkaleb314SjollypbjZanhaepTheDukeofDukes22 6 votes
Double refresh costs to 100 crystals
10%
rocknroll64Plague_IncChewieforlifeNiTexxWiNGIAmException 5 votes
Double cost of 5 shards to 800 tokens
4%
Preemo_MaginTomitron 2 votes
Triple cost of 5 shards to 1200 tokens
2%
Brom 1 vote
Complain or beg on forum
10%
GenakumaAbyssSticare_Courts_0073ArubeDarthSwole 5 votes
Do nothing and pray
30%
dano7591HBOMBCOKFISTFoojInternetSwagBoxandthefuzzPetrozzaAltoon33DeadHeadAndyRui_vessenGoaT1221RenanFilipeZachman523TheSickmaster86CollinF 14 votes
Nothing can be done
10%
Scorpion1980baburnham001infectiouszombieNuttermakerStormTro0p3R_H 5 votes
Other better option (Read Below)
17%
JabberwockyMegadeth3700ToonnyTau_LambdaEebersQleakusArmyJediBig_Boss 8 votes
Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Qleak
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I don't believe most have hoarded. I would only consider hoarding near an announced level cap increase / meta change. That's a temporary situation.

Unless you have enough tokens to 7* each character in arena and GW it just doesnt make sense to me. Even after collecting all these characters you could be using these towards GG or vader shards through the shard shop.

I don't see how any of these options are incentives to the developers.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand why having players horded tokens would dissuade them from adding heroes...
  • Options
    If you add a hero, you can 7* him with no money 20 days. Cantina shipments requires 100 and 200 refreshes to speed up. At 100 you get 5 shards a day for 100 Crystals and 7 for 300 Crystals. Vs 15 in the other two for 0 (Zero) Crystals. If you spend 100 in GW and Arena, you get 25 shards per day.

100 in Cantina gets 5 Cantina shipment shards
    100 in GW gets 25 shards
    100 in Arena gets 25 shards

Since shards for any non 100% player generate revenue and extend game longevity (i.e. Profit over time)...why release in Arena or GW?

This is the fact: no new chars added to Arena or GW since Mid December. 4 months now. Cantina got QGJ and others in shipments and many others as Cantina missions.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Cantina allows everyone the chance to get a new toon (and probably maximizes profits).
    Some people can't complete GW.
    Arena shipments allow higher ranked players an even bigger advantage.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    They need money and part of that is keeping players happy, we will be happier if they add more farmable heroes, especially from arena which has a rather weak lineup.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Complain or beg on forum
    I could care less but history days complaining and begging enough gets ya what ya want. Barrisgate comes to mind haha
  • Options
    Abyss I could care less means the opposite of what you wanted to say? I think it would be cool to use the other shard shipments. I am still getting shards but not excited about the chars and no plans to hear them except for 1.

I wouldn't release chars if I was CG. To easy to farm to even be a challenge. I think GW not being easy for all is just as having Dooku be a very high cantina that unlocks at level 69....same thing.
  • Options
    They will add more characters to cantina and cantina shipments. Because that's where the money is.

All the whales get GW and Arena tokens easily everyday for free. Why would they add something to GW and Arena when it becomes free?

They want people to buy crystals..and cantina is the only place they can do it. That's why you see QGJ, Lando, Ben all added to cantina only.

They won't be adding top tier new characters to GW and Arena. If they add, most likely it will be bad toons which no one will use.

No point in hoarding...as EA/CG doesn't care about to F2P players. GW and Arena are F2P.

If you have maxed all the characters you need in GW and Arena, I would convert them to buy something in shard shop. Its a rip-off..but atleast you get something useful.
  • Options
    @enigma_jedi that's why I ask what would make it viable again. I think maybe having 1 free refresh per day then the next 50 then 100 then 200? Tripling cost of shards there? Or just let it be as it is...those locations are boring to me. We won't be able to sustain the 30 chars to level 120, so I may get shards for nothing. I prefer 2 very good chars harder to farm than 20 that are very so-so (excluding the 8 good chars there now)...
  • Options
    Your poll question is loaded with the assumption that the reason they haven't added characters to GW and Arena shipments is hoarding, you have no evidence that is the case. Stop pulling "facts" out of your butt.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Qleak wrote: »
    I don't believe most have hoarded. I would only consider hoarding near an announced level cap increase / meta change. That's a temporary situation.

Unless you have enough tokens to 7* each character in arena and GW it just doesnt make sense to me. Even after collecting all these characters you could be using these towards GG or vader shards through the shard shop.

I don't see how any of these options are incentives to the developers.
    sid wrote: »
    Cantina allows everyone the chance to get a new toon (and probably maximizes profits).
    Some people can't complete GW.
    Arena shipments allow higher ranked players an even bigger advantage.
    Thank you guys for thinking before talking. Those tokens are EARNED not given away like it was nothing they dont have to put top tier toons in these shipments but at least toons that you might actually want to farm like for example: Grand Moff Tarkin, Luke, Finn and some of the toons that nobody farms anymore from cantina because theres to much other better toons. And if the least good ones are moved they MIGHT be farmed in GW or arena shipments Ewokes are a hot topic right now put one of those in a shipment besides teebo.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Your poll question is loaded with the assumption that the reason they haven't added characters to GW and Arena shipments is hoarding, you have no evidence that is the case. Stop pulling "facts" out of your butt.

I doubt it's about hoarding but it is very likely because those two are much more accessible.

For most players, getting a single purchase every day in Cantina would be somewhat pushing it (you need at least 1 refresh). But arena is almost guaranteed to get at least one and GW would be hard not to get at least one and often times 2+. Cantina is just where EA can make the most money fastest. They'll likely add more to arena and GW in the future but it'll be few and far between and likely not top tier (though not terrible either).
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options

Reinterpret it as it being the only places they haven't added any char since Dec 18th and instead of criticizing no the the "Other" option for ideas.

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Thank you so much for making me laugh but also for bringing some logic. Theres no place that says that hoarding is the reason no character are added. All new farmable toons will be in cantina all top tier toons will be first in cantina also but eventually characters will be added to GW and arena. Maybe the next update will bring a character to these shipments I hope in both. Maybe no chromium exclusive unless its Fisto but yes there most likely to add a toon given the fact that players are beginning for it and that they havent put any a good while
  • Options
    Nothing can be done
    You have the shard shop to pay over-the-top for character shards. I don't expect any additions to the arena or galactic war shipments. We're lucky there were as many as there were to begin with, and that they are so many good ones.
  • Options
    Do nothing and pray
    Hoarding or no, THOSE SHARDS WERE EARNED. As such we should not be penalized for earning them.

Add characters to GW and arena just like you would to Cantina :angry:
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    I know, I say only add new chars at a higher cost. Hoarding is not bad, it just reflects nothing interesting there so it becomes 15 shards per 1 in Shard Shop (really awful) or farm and waste huge sums for inaudible char (which isn't happening).

Well....hope they find something that makes them consider a fair trade to add more variety to those locations. After all, it's an incentive to keep playing Arena and GW
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    I think a lot of players will quit if they run out of GW and Arena heroes. I know I will.
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    I think a lot of players will quit if they run out of GW and Arena heroes. I know I will.

Good...there are thousands of new people joining every day. You won't be missed.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The obvious reason for the hoarding of tokens is that they have not added anything to these areas in months. But another (often unspoken) reason is the lack of credits.
    Credits are so hard to come by that they must be carefully rationed. I would be perfectly happy to take a flyer and use some of my GW stockpile on a lesser-known character, but what is the point? I can get them to 7* in 15 days, and then they will sit there because I can't afford to level them up anyway (which costs on the order of 6 million credits and will soon be close to 9 million).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Where is the "none of this" option? :)
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Randall wrote: »

Good...there are thousands of new people joining every day. You won't be missed.

You do understand that they make more money the more players there are... Right? It is in there best interest to keep me and other launch day players playing. They have about 3 months more slack in GW then they need to add about 1 hero every 1 to 2 months to keep me interested, I don't mind blowing the rest on GG but new blood is required. I don't remember off hand but probably 6 months for Arena to add 1 every 2 to 3 months.
  • Options
    Hoarding or no, THOSE SHARDS WERE EARNED. As such we should not be penalized for earning them.

^ That.
    I have over 30k in GW. Got the 2 characters I wanted and refuse to use any of it on the remaining lame **** toons. Swap em out already.

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Nol_el_en wrote: »

^ That.
    I have over 30k in GW. Got the 2 characters I wanted and refuse to use any of it on the remaining lame **** toons. Swap em out already.

In GW I have 7* Lumi and Captain Phasma Im thinking about Poggle next but I can't find the motivation to 7* him considering that his offense up might not be the greatest buff in the new meta. Im just sitting on 5000 gw tokens
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options
    I do not understand the hoarding. If you finish GW daily, you can exchange 15 shards a day. if you hoard and have all the tokens in the world, you can exchange just 20 shards, and that's if you limit yourself to 6 hours of sleep, lol. whats the point.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The obvious reason for the hoarding of tokens is that they have not added anything to these areas in months. But another (often unspoken) reason is the lack of credits.
    Credits are so hard to come by that they must be carefully rationed. I would be perfectly happy to take a flyer and use some of my GW stockpile on a lesser-known character, but what is the point? I can get them to 7* in 15 days, and then they will sit there because I can't afford to level them up anyway (which costs on the order of 6 million credits and will soon be close to 9 million).

+1
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Where is the "none of this" option? :)

The None of This option is split into two: Nothing Option or Other. If none of the above are, either it's nothing or something else.

Makes sense? :-)
  • Options
    bbmiLo wrote: »
    I do not understand the hoarding. If you finish GW daily, you can exchange 15 shards a day. if you hoard and have all the tokens in the world, you can exchange just 20 shards, and that's if you limit yourself to 6 hours of sleep, lol. whats the point.

You can farm 3 chars at a time for 45 per day free if you hoarded, or 75 per day with 100 crystals per day. Make sense? What's up with me having to use the Makes Sense too often :-x

That's also why I brought this up