Scavenger and scavenging sith rewards gear-why can't we scavenge the most useless?

So basically im scoring top 10 in sith raid, and the most g12+ gear I receive is of course the most useless, as with every raid, from pig (stuns,carbantis,arakyds are not to be seen often) to sith. Not to mention tank. Those 2 raids require a lot of time.I sometimes receive full g12+ set - no argue here. Those pieces are rare of course.

Scavenger is a great addition to the game, and to tell the truth I somewhat like relics with all it's flaws.

What I don't accept is that we receive a ton of this gear:
ajct6p7ymtbx.png

Which basically is not what top toon requires right now but...we can not salvage this in scavenger.

So the most gear we receive from sith, is the most useless, and we can not convert them to relics. The same is with g12. I have some pieces, like Armatek Tactical Data, which none of my chars require, but again...I can not salvage it for relics.

So I can salvage the most needed, but I can not salvage the ones I have abundance of.

Is that really too much to ask, that you could put the same gear level in scavenger?