5star fleet meta BUT 'raid boss' toon at 5star is a virtual paperweight

vinitwins
47 posts Member
edited October 2019
Negotiator unlocks at 5stars and can whoop AA capital ship with a larger & arguably stronger team very easily.

This justifies its position as the new meta to run in fleet arena.

Why isn't GAS working as advertised?

Yes, i have him unlocked, 4 zetas, g11.5 --
I even speculated (when this new EC event was announced) how a 5star toon would be viable vs Relic powered toons?

But something seems off... CG can't release a virtual paperweight. Can they?

I don't mind waiting to 7star him and become the top arena squad. But at 5 stars he should have SOME usability -- should be able to counter some top tier squads if not drevan to make this investment seem worthwhile for TW/GAC?

Replies

• Options
    Imust have missed the "advertisement" that said GAS at 5* would be the meta. Could you please post a link?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Lol it’s a 5* toon, this was a total swing as a miss, can’t be used in most game modes, useless in the others and now everyone will be farming and sit in GET till the next roll around and everyone will have him 7* ready to go...

Can’t find the logic on this one,., and added most of the requirements to get him were so far out to lunch many whales just said screw it I’ll wait not gonna bring useless ships and toons from 3* no gear to r4 7* in 3 days, not even sure it’s possible no matter what the spend.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Foxer wrote: »
    Lol it’s a 5* toon, this was a total swing as a miss, can’t be used in most game modes, useless in the others and now everyone will be farming and sit in GET till the next roll around and everyone will have him 7* ready to go...

Can’t find the logic on this one,., and added most of the requirements to get him were so far out to lunch many whales just said screw it I’ll wait not gonna bring useless ships and toons from 3* no gear to r4 7* in 3 days, not even sure it’s possible no matter what the spend.

There are no useless characters or ships requires for this event. I highly doubt many whales were sitting on 3* no gear for any of it.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Foxer wrote: »

There are no useless characters or ships requires for this event. I highly doubt many whales were sitting on 3* no gear for any of it.

This. Practically every event character and ship is required or at least extremely useful somewhere else in the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Shoot. I'm no whale and here's where I stand in the farm situation:
    Anakin's ETA: 5*, 49/85 shards, 45,875 power.
    Other GR ships all 7*, lowest power Plo Koon's at 40,087
    Padme: G13 R2, 29,952 power.
    C-3P0: 7* g11, 23,977 power.
    Shaak Ti 4*, 29/65 shards, g10.
    B1 6* 71/85, 16,246 power
    Droideka 6* 66/100, 15,003 power.

The rest of the characters needed are so easy to farm for anyone that has played for a sufficient amount of time that I won't list them. Suffice it to say my Magnaguard has a long way to go because I never bothered focusing on it so it's only 7* and g7.

The point is all to say that none of these characters required money. In hindsight I wish I'd bought the pack when Shaak Ti came out because she's real good and another 30 shards would have been nice. All these characters are good and useful. Just get it the second time it comes around and stop being a baby about it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Dude is there something you didn't expect? The entire kit is built around killing his protection as quickly as possible, the fact that gear 13 almost doubles all character's protections with 6 dot mods means that it's something to expect from this.

It doesn't make the character less broken, it just means it's one of those kits that require certain stats to be there before it can be effective, the character is still broken. Check the test account videos where Cubs can't beat him at all using Malak
  • Options
    Are you using General Kenobi at 5 star g11?
  • Options
    Working as advertised?

Did they ever say General Skywalker was the best & strongest character in the game who will beat everything?

No.

They said he is like a raid boss because of his cover and advance mechanics.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Imust have missed the "advertisement" that said GAS at 5* would be the meta. Could you please post a link?

With the requirements to get him it does seem a little empty for him to not be useable
  • Options

With the requirements to get him it does seem a little empty for him to not be useable

So you're telling me they didnt say a word about him being meta?

Ok great thanks for proving our points.
  • Options

The hyperbole really isn't necessary. He's not "unusable". He might not be "meta-defining" or "the ultimate power in the universe" - and I understand many people presumed he would be.

But let's be honest - no one liked a single character meta. And it's still early.

• Options
    I'm just not sure what to do with a 5star GAS...?

He's not usable in ANY game mode in this state even with 4 zetas apart from GW!

And Arc Troopers kit doesn't seem like a missing piece of the puzzle that will suddenly elevate GAS to become a hard counter for at least one of top tier teams in GAC/TW.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Let's be more honest - he is total garbage at 5* g11 in current r7 game environment and doesn't cost a single g12 peice of gear I spent
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    I'm just glad he isn't a literal paperweight.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Firstly 5 Star General Anakin is meta, so your clearly using him wrong.

Second, being McMole2 has retired I will take another swing at bat and say if you have plo Koon geared up (even if they don’t upgrade his kit, which they should) you can already get GS back up and running faster by spamming PLO and Rex specials. Probably for a slightly more defensive set up, for offence Arc Troopers is clearly the missing link. A chewie still extra attack mechanic and also more clone 501st turns across the team, pulling Rex’s death from above special into the match much earlier.

I am annoyed they put him in a store they specifically said they wouldn’t add any new toons to, so I am 5 Star for a few months yet, but overall I wasn’t unhappy with this event or the toon. I was already deep into Ventress, with Gk in my regular arena team and both Clones and Droids at high G12 or G13 ahead of event so I was one of the lucky ones.
  • Options
    I actually have no zetas on him right now and and holding in top 10 against relic 7 Malek teams with between 25 and 30 relic levels in total. I have 20 relic levels in play. And I actually think it’s more of an offense than defense team. Apologies for double post, it wouldn’t let me edit
  • Options
    I actually have no zetas on him right now and and holding in top 10 against relic 7 Malek teams with between 25 and 30 relic levels in total. I have 20 relic levels in play. And I actually think it’s more of an offense than defense team. Apologies for double post, it wouldn’t let me edit
    Having a single character standing in the end and losing 12-14 banners does not exactly depict an offensive team. Having a single character standing and going in for a second battle to clear it is more like it.

Unless GAS is an arena-focused character, but I doubt that was the only intention.
  • Options
    I am full clearing arena Malek teams with full protection and at worst in last two days I lost two toons, but I made a mistake in that battle. Full clear with full protection against current meta isn’t an offensive team, ok, I stand corrected.

For TW he will become a defensive beast at G13 and I imagine he will be critical for the next raid that comes out. Like I said I have no complaints, he has cut my arena climb time in half.
  • Options
    We still missing a character who gonna give Echo Critical Dmg buff, probably somone from light side geo tb special mission
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Entreri wrote: »
    We still missing a character who gonna give Echo Critical Dmg buff, probably somone from light side geo tb special mission

Or they just put it in his kit and kinda forgot about it. Wouldn't be all that surprising...