Bonus Turn Vs Bonus Turn

How is bonus turn order worked out?

I have had the below scenario happen repeatedly where Malak takes a bonus turn before Padme takes the bonus turn granted by Jedi Knight Anakin's Zeta.

1) Ally falls below 50% health.
2) Jedi Knight Anakin takes a bonus turn.
3) Malak takes a bonus turn
4) Malak kills Padme before she takes her bonus turn granted by Jedi Knight Anakin's Zeta.

Jedi Knight Anakin: Whenever another ally falls below 50% Health or is defeated, Anakin takes a bonus turn, and his next attack deals 100% more damage if all allies were Galactic Republic at the start of battle. If Padmé Amidala is an ally, she takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns.

Darth Malak: Darth Malak takes reduced damage from percent Health damage effects, and at the start of battle he loses all Protection and gains that much Max Health.
Darth Malak gains 35% Critical Avoidance, Health Steal, Tenacity, and Defense while he has less than 75% Health, doubled while he has less than 50% Health, and tripled while he has less than 25% Health.
The first time Darth Malak reaches each of these thresholds, he gains a bonus turn and the cooldown of Drain Life is reset.

What I don't understand is that Jedi Knight Anakin's Zeta description says Padme "takes a bonus turn after each of Anakin's bonus turns."

So surely the use of the word "after" would stop an interrupting bonus turn?
"He's no good to me dead"

Replies

• Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    oops, please, disregard
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I think the effects go this way:
    The threshold of Malak bonus turn is reached before Anakin turn has ended as it triggers on damage dealt by Anakin.
    Anakin turn has not ended and Malak has been granted the bonus turn, so Padme's bonus turn has to wait to Malak's bonus turn to end.
    Post edited by Juzz on
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    I understand it like this: Malak is more hard to get character than Padme, so he does what he wants.
    And yes i do have Malak
  • Options
    i had the same problem. solved it by simply not attacking malak with JKAs bonus turn.

i know not the best solution but it gets the job done
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Obviously Padme should have her bonus turn "together" with Anakin's one but devs don't want Padme squad to be a hard 100% counter to Malak
  • Options
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Obviously Padme should have her bonus turn "together" with Anakin's one but devs don't want Padme squad to be a hard 100% counter to Malak
    Do you have any particular reason why she 'should'?
  • Options

Because the word "after" in this case in only be understood in one of two ways:

1) "Any time following the first event". Clearly it does not mean that, as that wouldn't be much of a "bonus" turn (nor zeta) if it just took place sometime in the future with no immediacy.

2) "Directly following" - which seems to be the point and function of the ability (i.e. that immediately after JKA takes his bonus turn, Padme gets to go). This is born out in the way the zeta functions in virtually every other circumstance.

So I agree with the Dmitry on this point - "should".

But I also agree with the the general sentiment that the developers have gone out of their way to "protect" Malak, so his ability is given higher priority because it's him.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb Could we get an official response on this? How are multiple bonus turns calculated?
    "He's no good to me dead"
  • Ultra
    11504 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I think when a bonus turn is triggered it supersedes the current turn order

For example the turn order is: Revan -> Kenobi -> Ahsoka -> Sith Marauder -> Padme -> Malak - > Anakin

Revan attacks and triggers Anakin and Padme’s bonus turn, so they jump ahead of the line when the bonus turn is triggered

New turn order: Anakin -> Padme -> Kenobi -> Ahsoka -> Sith Marauder -> Malak

Anakin goes and attacks Malak triggering his bonus turn. Since his bonus turn just triggered he gets to jump ahead of the line making it Malak then Padme

By all regards, it seems to be WAI

I believe if Yoda did his AOE, Anakin and Padme would interrupt his bonus turn, just like Malak would if the conditions of triggering their bonus turns are met
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Because the word "after" in this case in only be understood in one of two ways:

1) "Any time following the first event". Clearly it does not mean that, as that wouldn't be much of a "bonus" turn (nor zeta) if it just took place sometime in the future with no immediacy.

2) "Directly following" - which seems to be the point and function of the ability (i.e. that immediately after JKA takes his bonus turn, Padme gets to go). This is born out in the way the zeta functions in virtually every other circumstance.

So I agree with the Dmitry on this point - "should".

But I also agree with the the general sentiment that the developers have gone out of their way to "protect" Malak, so his ability is given higher priority because it's him.

Malak's bonus turn triggers during Anakin's turn, when damage is applied. Padme's bonus turn triggers after Anakin's turn is complete, which is thus also after Malak's bonus turn has been granted. Since Malak was due a bonus turn first, he takes his bonus turn first, then Padme takes hers.

I think your framing of how you think "after" should be interpreted reflects your bias on the matter. I'm not sure why you feel like Anakin's zeta bonus turn should somehow supercede the Malak zeta bonus turn, for example. What part of the wording implies that Anakin's granted bonus turn should take precedence over the order in which bonus turns were granted, if any? And if nothing indicates such a precedence, why should the bonus turn triggered last be taken first?

• Options
    Bonus turn beats Bonus turn so Bonus turn wins.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Options
    The point is. When triggers the BT for Anakin, Padme already gains TM prior to JKA's move. So, I believe, for purpose of coding that Padme gains 99.999% of TM, otherwise it would be 50:50 chance of any of them going first.
    When Malak gains his TM, he gains 100%, so he will always go before Padme.

Is cheesy, but, it always happens.