Negotiator advice needed

I recently had a mirror battle where my Negotiator was 174 speed and opposition was 173. They opponent's Negotiator got to use their Bombing run ability first. Am I missing something?

Standard Galactic Republic lineups on both sides. HT in front 3
As far as I can see there is nothing that would increase the capital ships turn meter past my own? (I used the daze ability first)

Replies

• Options
    I was going to start my own thread, but this might be related:

I'm still running Ackbar (my Negotiator is only level 76 because I was dumb about ship-currency)...Ack is g12+ with 6-star mods, so his ship is pretty maxed short of g13.

Frequently in battle with a Negotiator, I'll see the enemy take more than one capital-ship turn between my own capship's moves. I can't see a mechanism for this.

Negotiator's speed doesn't outstrip AA's, so it's not that. I see nothing in the Negotiator's kit, or the kit of the usual fighters that people use with it, which should grant Negotiator extra TM or take TM away from AA.

A guildmate thought maybe it's a bug: Ships with Valor grant extra TM to Mace Windu's capship. However, Kenobi's ship has no such verbiage in its kit.

Any ideas? Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    Valor is Valor no matter who is granting it.
  • Options
    The Valor definition is: "Grant the Endurance 15% Turn Meter and reduce its ultimate ability's cooldown by 1 at end of turn."

It says Endurance. It does NOT say "capital ship."

If it is supposed to be good for any capital ship, or even just for GR capital ships (just in case more ever show up), the text should reflect that.

And before someone says, "Well, what's the point of Valor in a Negotiator fleet," I'll point out that the Negotiator makes Valor worth an extra 10% more damage for each ally who has it, doubled for Jedi, so Valor already has a role with Neg.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    DocDoom wrote: »
    The Valor definition is: "Grant the Endurance 15% Turn Meter and reduce its ultimate ability's cooldown by 1 at end of turn."

It says Endurance. It does NOT say "capital ship."

If it is supposed to be good for any capital ship, or even just for GR capital ships (just in case more ever show up), the text should reflect that.

I think we can safely assume that they just went with the only GR capital at the time (ships are like 2 years old) and forgot to update the description.

Lame? Yes, but also fully on-brand for CG.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Valor is definitely granting TM to Negotiator. It probably shouldn’t, based on the description, but it does. You’ll also notice that sometimes unending loyalty doesn’t expire correctly, giving Anakins starfighter undispellable invulnerability for 3 turns. I think they’re still working out the bugs.
  • Options
    I think they’re still working out the bugs.
    Have been for almost 4 years....soon.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    In regards to OP, the opposing JKA likely targeted either 5s or JKA with his special in the first couple moves prior to HT taunt coming up. This inflicts buff immunity, which means that you did your daze AOE and only got one ship with valor, he immediately responded with his daze AOE and had 2 ships with valor, getting ahead in both the TM train after the next round of fighter attacks and getting ahead of you in the ultimate ability cooldown game.
  • Options
    Mobilize: Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. Inflict Target Lock for 2 turns on 2 random enemies that aren't already Target Locked. All allies gain 30% Turn Meter. Grant all Galactic Republic allies Valor for 2 turns, then all allies with Valor are called to assist.

"All allies gain 30% Turn Meter" applies to the Negotiator as well. This could explain some confusion.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb I noticed it also. The ultimate attack from the opponent AI Negotiator comes 1turn up to 3 turns before I could use the ultimate attack from my Chimaere. The ultimate attack from Negotiator with a starting cooldown from 12 turns coming before a starting cooldown of 5 turns? And why are sometimes the opponent Negotiator makes two turns in a row or her next turn after one turn of my or AI Starship? I had one battle where opponent Negotiator made 2 ultimate attacks and my Chimaere was far away from her 2nd ultimate...

Valor = Grant Endurance 20% TM and reduce its ultimate ability's cooldown by 1.

Valor grants also 20% TM and cooldown reduction to Negotiator or is it a bug?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    WAI. Just described wrong in Mace's kit.nuria3lw8wxh.jpg
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Or a bug, caused nothing of this standing in the kit of Negotiator.
  • Options
    ASG_FROZEN wrote: »

Absolutely not. Doesn't matter if the buff description is in Negotiator's kit or not. Valor does what Valor does. Absolutely 100% certainly working as intended (valor).

Though Mace's kit description is bugged since it doesn't say GR cap ship.
  • Options

Absolutely not. Doesn't matter if the buff description is in Negotiator's kit or not. Valor does what Valor does. Absolutely 100% certainly working as intended (valor).

Then this freaking ship needs a speed reduction....

Or a cooldown reduction of the ultimate attack and valor only counts to Endurance....
  • Options

Or a cooldown reduction of the ultimate attack and valor only counts to Endurance....

Why? So you can beat the new meta with an outdated one? This is working as CG wants it to.
  • Options

This cap ship is the first unit available for purchases with GET2 currency, the newest, hardest to get currency in the game. It has a pilot who is a raid reward. It is very powerful and absolutely should be. I am just glad they didn't make it so powerful that no other cap ship can beat it. As things stand currently, there's at least 3 fleets that can beat Negotiator according to Mandalore MAW (or something like that).
  • Options

This cap ship is the first unit available for purchases with GET2 currency, the newest, hardest to get currency in the game. It has a pilot who is a raid reward. It is very powerful and absolutely should be. I am just glad they didn't make it so powerful that no other cap ship can beat it. As things stand currently, there's at least 3 fleets that can beat Negotiator according to Mandalore MAW (or something like that).

Mandalöre MAW video, hmmm....

At first I could say we don’t seeing the stats of all fleet compositions in the whole video, but when I’m looking to the only zTarkin I could say, that the Negotiator has no relic 7 General Kenobi in the Tarkin fleet video, so Geo Spy goes next after getting 20% TM gain from Urban Starfighter, now I would say the Eta2 has no relic 7 Anakin. When we now looking to the rebel fleet video, the Urban Starfigher has no relic 7 Fives, no relic 7 Anakin and no relic 7 GG. What do we seeing next? A trashy clone sergeant ship as reinforcement....

So I need to handle with a relic 7 GG, Ani, 5‘s and Ashoka with a relic 3 Bossk and in nearly 95 % of the battles the first reinforcement is Sun Fac and stunning nearly every time two of my ships.... so I want to see how Mandalöre would handling that... and also you could making videos how to handle with it. And I don’t want to know how speedy a 6 star Negotiator is and also not a 7 star.... it’s true not a chance than if we don‘t getting new ships....
  • Options
    I like how the screencaps show the last thing said in the chat was "CG likes $$$."
  • Options

Mandalöre MAW video, hmmm....

At first I could say we don’t seeing the stats of all fleet compositions in the whole video, but when I’m looking to the only zTarkin I could say, that the Negotiator has no relic 7 General Kenobi in the Tarkin fleet video, so Geo Spy goes next after getting 20% TM gain from Urban Starfighter, now I would say the Eta2 has no relic 7 Anakin. When we now looking to the rebel fleet video, the Urban Starfigher has no relic 7 Fives, no relic 7 Anakin and no relic 7 GG. What do we seeing next? A trashy clone sergeant ship as reinforcement....

So I need to handle with a relic 7 GG, Ani, 5‘s and Ashoka with a relic 3 Bossk and in nearly 95 % of the battles the first reinforcement is Sun Fac and stunning nearly every time two of my ships.... so I want to see how Mandalöre would handling that... and also you could making videos how to handle with it. And I don’t want to know how speedy a 6 star Negotiator is and also not a 7 star.... it’s true not a chance than if we don‘t getting new ships....
    These are all the ships faster than negotiator when they and it are maxed:
    mwqcpt2y8gxm.png
    There are plenty of options for a fleet to succeed against negotiator (Bistan is a 203 after his unique is counted in). The biggest trick is usually to get ETA2 into red health before negotiator goes so Neg doesn't daze until turn 3.

The geo team straight up killed ETA2 so they got hit with daze right away and it didn't even phase them. They rely on assists and it didn't even slow them down. Negotiator team may not be maxed, but that was super promising for Geos future efficacy right there.

Rebel fleet can definitely still beat High relic Neg teams. People in my fleet shard doing it and lots talking about it on the fleet discord. As you can see by the list above, they'll still go first against max Neg and it should be fine.