What will happen to Malak shards purchased in the guild store?

Javik
246 posts Member
edited October 2019
What will happen to the malak shards I purchased from the guild store during the event of this bug? I noticed you will roll the characters back, but will that get rid of the 20 shards I spent with my guild currency or will those be refunded as well.

Replies

• Options
    Say good bye to ur GET
  • Options
    Whoever came up with this **** plan hasn't thought through the scenarios very well. Although I am not sure why we would expect a competent fix from a company with a track record of incompetence.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Javik wrote: »
    What will happen to the malak shards I purchased from the guild store during the event of this bug? I noticed you will roll the characters back, but will that get rid of the 20 shards I spent with my guild currency or will those be refunded as well.

If you just unlocked malak, nothing should change on your account.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

So they will refund the GET they spent today on malak?
  • Options

Again, you did not answer the question
  • Options
    N

Did he say anything about his just recently unlocked Malak??? You know what assuming does. I will re-ask the question in this manner. If you had a 6* Malak and you purchased let’s say 20 shards with GET today, will those shards stay, being I already had him unlocked before this event? Or will I get rolled back to 6* minus the 20 shards I put on today? Will I get my GET back if that’s the case?
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    Options
    ALDUIN719 wrote: »
    N

Did he say anything about his just recently unlocked Malak??? You know what assuming does. I will re-ask the question in this manner. If you had a 6* Malak and you purchased let’s say 20 shards with GET today, will those shards stay, being I already had him unlocked before this event? Or will I get rolled back to 6* minus the 20 shards I put on today? Will I get my GET back if that’s the case?

Yes.... this situations can and probably happened. People who had Malak at 6*...could happen playing the event and get 75 shards without even knowing why.... and then go to store and buy shards to max Malak.... what happens to this guys???
  • Options
    Kyno is very good at answering a question no one actually asked, while avoiding the actual question.

If someone spent GET1 on Malak between this morning and the rollback date, what will happen? Will they keep the shards? Get a refund of GET1?

If you don't have an actual answer, please wait until you do before replying.
  • Options

Say someone beat DS, but couldn't beat LS before today. They got up early in the morning, beat both sides, and got 150 shards of Malak. So they only unlocked Malak today. Will they keep their Malak and shards?
  • Options
    I played the event today because I ENJOYED the event when it came back the 2nd time (when I unlocked him). Played the DS because that was the fun side. When I beat it, I was shocked to have gotten shards at all. Absolutely surprised. But I was thrilled. I have Malak at 7* now! I can buy stun guns again from the GET store (not even close to getting the characters ready for GAS). Now, I haven't done anything other than promote him to 7*, so I am not losing anything but time. But come on CG! I have put myself on the line for you too many times to count because I not only enjoy the game, but because I also agreed with you most of the time. But your actions lately have made me furious. I defended G13. I defended Relics (until the were released). I ignored Kyros, because there is nothing good about those. And now, what am I supposed to do? Pretend like nothing has happened? Come on CG. Fix this!
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    I also want my GET back for the shards I purchased after the event went live.

Even if they want to leave me those 15 shards and keep my GET, I want to give back those 15 Malak shards and have my GET back. I unlocked Malak in the last event and sat on him - level 1, no gear - because I didn't have the GET to promote him to 7*, or even 6*, or even 10/85 b/c I'd used what GET I'd had for the gear other characters required to complete the event.

I personally think the GET requirement is terrible for a number of reasons, not least is that the cost is vastly too high. Although my other reasons for not purchasing Malak shards still apply, when I suddenly had Malak at 70/100 I thought that those other reasons weren't enough to stop me from spending 10k GET, even if they were enough to stop me from spending 68k.

So, despite my misgivings, I purchased 15 shards before we received notice that this is a bug.

I want them back. If you're going to charge for epic confrontation characters, I'm only going to spend GET on their shards if I unlock them on the first pass, with all the GET I need to promote them waiting in the bank. When that happens, I at least get the benefit of leading the meta - with all the extra rewards that comes with that - for the cost of my 68k get.

Paying 68k to follow the meta 8 months later is ridiculous. I'm not paying it. And now that the situation under which I was willing to purchase those 15 shards has reversed, I want my GET back.

What will CG do about that? There is literally nothing in the reconciliation plan to deal with that.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    ALDUIN719 wrote: »
    N

My guess is: Say bye bye to the shards you purchased during the time they will "erase"...
  • Options
    Theyll reset it. Which is complete crap. And theyre giving only 250crystals in compensation. Garbage
  • Options
    @cg_tophat care to chime in on what is going to happen with GET that people spent on malak shards today?
  • Geshtianna
    240 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

A scenario to make the question clearer: A player has Malak at 6 stars 20/100. Completes half of the event, 75 shards, now at 95/100. Buys 10 shards to get 105/100. Upgrades to 7 stars plus shard shop currency.

How many shards will the player have after the rollback? 30/100, 25/100, 20/100, or 0/100?
  • Javik
    246 posts Member
    Options
    I had my Malak at 6* before 8/18 event. I had saved a lot of GET and purchased the shards today. I do not want to lose all of my currency because of a bug.
  • Options
    What if a player did not upgrade malak. Just kept all the shards and is waiting?

The "fix" says any star promotions will be rolled back. (think that is applied for all toons)

• Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    What about players that 7* malak due to the bug but spent all hoarded GET on gear for other toons? Do they get the currency back?
  • Options
    The more I read about this, the more I think I’m gonna get screwed over. At the moment we’ll have our Malak returned to, mine was 6* 15/100. Later on I bought 10 Malak shards and after that found out I could replay the event. Surprisingly, I got 75 shards out of it and 7* my Malak.

It seems like I’ll have my Malak back to 6* 15/100 but what about the 3800 GET currency I spent?
  • Options
    You guys definitely deserve to get your currency back. But since only a handful of people are affected by this they'll probably do it on a case by case basis. Contact support and see what they can do.
  • MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @NerfherderYU
    Yeah enjoy a nice conversation with a dumb Indian

Nice racism. For the problem to be the intelligence of their overseas CSRs, you would have to assume that CG provides better communication with their subcontractors than they do with their player base.

How much, exactly, would you be willing to wager on that proposition? I think I'd put my money on the problem being with the Californians.
  • Options
    The GET currency spent on Malak shards could go either way I suspect. If they can count GET purchases since the rollback date/time, GET will be reinstated. If they cannot or do not do that, GET and the extra shards are probably gone.

Only time will tell.
  • Options
    Straegen wrote: »
    The GET currency spent on Malak shards could go either way I suspect. If they can count GET purchases since the rollback date/time, GET will be reinstated. If they cannot or do not do that, GET and the extra shards are probably gone.

Only time will tell.

Losing the shards and GET you spent on them would be horrible. One 15 shard buy is like a full geo tb you lose out on. Or a 2 week setback.