Future Epic confrontations

I would like to know how most feel on this...everything with the malak event and the bug resolution and compensation I think you cant make everyone happy. This 5star release of malak and GAS is frustrating to hoard gear and them be not unusable to full capacity for months. Had it been a 7 star release this wouldn't have happened. If you pay so much for a character and cant use them right away i find very unfair to the whole community

Replies

• Options
    Malak event is well made

GAS event is a disappointment and a disgrace to the Malak event

I'm expecting 140p res FO officers and res troopers all G13 R7 lvl 150 for the next "epic confrontation" where u need to use rose, poe, scavenger rey, finn and holdo all G13 R10 (new level) to beat.
  • Options
    It wasn’t so bad with Malak because we could actually use him. Not that Relics are part of the game 5* G11 is worthless. I’ve unlocked GS and he’s sitting in my roster about as useful as my level 1 CUP. I have nothing I can use him for and I’ve never regretted working to unlock a character like this before
  • Options
    Agreed with all said, malak wasnt bad because he was useful at 5 stars, but the fact we need all this GET currency is the part I cannot agree with, it shouldn't take us months to get them 7 stars, esp w GAS please dont do this again. Or at least make him viable at 5 stars as well
  • SomethingToSay
    72 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Ramchop wrote: »
    Agreed with all said, malak wasnt bad because he was useful at 5 stars, but the fact we need all this GET currency is the part I cannot agree with, it shouldn't take us months to get them 7 stars, esp w GAS please dont do this again. Or at least make him viable at 5 stars as well

I've been farming Enfys Nest for months and she's only just now about to be 7 stars so why's this different? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it makes sense to have the best toons take a while extra to perfect, nothing's wrong with Malak's setup/how he was done
  • Options

Just you wait, next GAS event you'll be able to get 150 shards just for them to be taken away and replaced with 2,250 shard shop currency and 250 crystals
  • Options

I've been farming Enfys Nest for months and she's only just now about to be 7 stars so why's this different? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it makes sense to have the best toons take a while extra to perfect, nothing's wrong with Malak's setup/how he was done

If you've been farming for months I'm sure you can agree GET currency is better used for gear than spending it on toons, that's the only place to get good gear and now it goes to 4 toons, hoda wampa GAS and malak. I think it should be exclusive for gear
  • Options
    Garbage. In my opinion the developers have done a really poor job for about 6 months now.
  • Options

If you've been farming for months I'm sure you can agree GET currency is better used for gear than spending it on toons, that's the only place to get good gear and now it goes to 4 toons, hoda wampa GAS and malak. I think it should be exclusive for gear

I mean you get gear at the guild store and shard shop too, it's all over, so I still don't really see anything wrong with that. All my guild store currency goes toward gear, all my GET currency is saving for Malak, and I get gear at shard shop as well. It's a choice you have to make, do you want Malak or do you want gear for other toons?

It's the same thing as the new currency for Negotiator. I get frustrated chasing shards with my Cantina energy and I haven't done a Mod battle/challenge in god knows how long because all my Cantina energy goes toward trying to 7* toons, it's a choice I made
  • Options
    @Ramchop
    now it goes to 4 toons, hoda wampa GAS and malak

Except, nope. They want everyone to migrate to GeoTB which means it is now also the place to buy IPD and ROLO.

I'm not saying those are good toons that everyone will want to spend GET on, but if you're asserting that there are only 4 toons in the store, that's not factually correct and we should strive to get it right.
  • Options
    @Ramchop
    now it goes to 4 toons, hoda wampa GAS and malak

Except, nope. They want everyone to migrate to GeoTB which means it is now also the place to buy IPD and ROLO.

I'm not saying those are good toons that everyone will want to spend GET on, but if you're asserting that there are only 4 toons in the store, that's not factually correct and we should strive to get it right.

I forgot we had the others too, my main point was GET currency should be used for gear, that's where all the good gear is. I love this game and just want the gear crunch to be easier is all
  • Options

I mean you get gear at the guild store and shard shop too, it's all over, so I still don't really see anything wrong with that. All my guild store currency goes toward gear, all my GET currency is saving for Malak, and I get gear at shard shop as well. It's a choice you have to make, do you want Malak or do you want gear for other toons?

It's the same thing as the new currency for Negotiator. I get frustrated chasing shards with my Cantina energy and I haven't done a Mod battle/challenge in god knows how long because all my Cantina energy goes toward trying to 7* toons, it's a choice I made

I agree it a choice we need to make but it would be nice if it was gear exclusive. With relics and g13 it would alleviate the gear crunch as we've been promised by CG. In the end I just want to farm gear easier with all the new gear tiers and relics added so fast
  • Options

Did you need 2 legendary characters and a raid character, 3 ships and a G13 with relics to farm nest?

Or just free ship energy?
  • Options
    I get it that the whales are mad tgat cg screwed them by not giving a 7 star unlock. I don't have that problem personally, because I met the minimum requirements ftp but the minimum was nowhere near enough to unlock.

This morning, I was a little hopeful when I saw that they were giving out malak shards if you beat the event again.

My thought was, they weren't giving everyone 7 star but making it possible to do so without Get if you waited forbthe event to return. I even thought it was a nice balance to keep power creep in line.

But they took that away. So now, I just feel cheated that I did the event a second time for malak shards and now get basically nothing. 250 crystals is an insult.
  • MasterSeedy
    5042 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Did you need 2 legendary characters and a raid character, 3 ships and a G13 with relics to farm nest?

I purchased shards of Nest from shipments in order to get her as fast as possible, then used her to trash LS Hoth TB and GA opponents. (not sarcasm)

<s>But then, after a while, they made it so just anyone could get Nest for free, if they were just patient enough! Sure, I paid through the nose to get Nest to 7* almost instantly, but for those people who waited 3 months for her to drop to a Fleet node and then another 5-6 months to farm her with only free energy and no paid node refreshes, FtP players could get this toon to 7* only 9 months after me!

They completely devalued my massive crystal investment by making this awesome character into something just anyone could get. Now I have nothing at all of value and it's like I never even got all those extra Territory points or GA victories.

I demand no one ever get anything for free that I had to get with crystals! It's an insult! </s>

Can we all please just roll our eyes collectively for a moment at the idea that it's somehow a massive change in the game that toons that once required major investment later become easy to get for FtP folks?
  • Options

I purchased shards of Nest from shipments in order to get her as fast as possible, then used her to trash LS Hoth TB and GA opponents. (not sarcasm)

<s>But then, after a while, they made it so just anyone could get Nest for free, if they were just patient enough! Sure, I paid through the nose to get Nest to 7* almost instantly, but for those people who waited 3 months for her to drop to a Fleet node and then another 5-6 months to farm her with only free energy and no paid node refreshes, FtP players could get this toon to 7* only 9 months after me!

They completely devalued my massive crystal investment by making this awesome character into something just anyone could get. Now I have nothing at all of value and it's like I never even got all those extra Territory points or GA victories.

I demand no one ever get anything for free that I had to get with crystals! It's an insult! </s>

Can we all please just roll our eyes collectively for a moment at the idea that it's somehow a massive change in the game that toons that once required major investment later become easy to get for FtP folks?

This exactly. You pay crystals or the premium currency to get a character stared sooner. It doesn't guarantee that they will never make the character more easily obtainable.

In fact they don't do a good enough job of making older non meta characters more obtainable. I thought malak was a step in the right direction butbit was justva bait and switch.