Bein a professional (the right way)

Prev13
Dunno about you guys or ethics where you work but whatever.

I am old enough to remember when I saw Episode whatever when it wasn't episode whatever, it was just Star Wars. Since then I grew up (not that old, was a kid then) and since then the way work happens. I have gone from pen and paper to well, whatever.

What I have done is fix stuff. After the mass whining about GAS I think I saw one Dev post, they seemed to go into hiding. The next one was we screwed up. There is enormous unhappiness.

Point is, why are you not working the weekend to fix this? You are not clock on/off factory workers (if you are then sorry, if not then...., take some pride). You have an event that opens what, eight hours ish before you show up and you lock it and leave for weekend with a solution that blows up both here and reddit. I hope your pulled pig BBQ was pleasant. If you are not on the clock then grow up and fix the biggest sodding screw up ever and show some professionalism.

Replies

• Options
    If you're looking for developers who care about player experience and take pride in a game that is fun, you're looking in the wrong place. Dragon Champions is down the hall on the right....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes, because nobody is entitled to having a life outside of this game even if they are involved in it...
  • Options
    I’d take personable over professional any day. CG’s communication has turned 100% professional and 0% personable. Sad day.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    If you're looking for developers who care about player experience and take pride in a game that is fun, you're looking in the wrong place. Dragon Champions is down the hall on the right....

Yeah that game has some iconic characters such as, beard man, bow girl and the iconic blue thing!

They even have a similar concept to hans, panda, old panda, sword panda, cheif panda, ect.

10/10 havent played;p
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Yeah well (and thanks for replying), that game is still geo restricted and the impression was given CG guys were both working and fans and SW fans, that seems to have gone out of the window.

If I had screwed up I'd not leave until it was fixed. Maybe hyperbole but within reason, I certainly wouldn't take the w/e off with this amount of obvious displeasure.

• Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Yes, because nobody is entitled to having a life outside of this game even if they are involved in it...

You are if you did your job reasonably well. If you set **** on fire instead, you come in on a Saturday or even on a Sunday if necessary to help put it out. That's how it works in any other industry, and I've worked in a few. Stop defending this inexcusable level of incompetence coupled with complete and utter lack of customer service. There is no excuse anymore at this point.

This entire mess could have easily been avoided with a bare minimum of quality assurance. Now they (and we, as in guilds) are going to lose a major chunk of the player base in a game that already bleeds users and customers left and right. Because of incompetence and laziness. Including the utterly brazen laziness to take off for the weekend instead of fixing this mess ASAfreakingP.

Not only does this unprofessionalism reflect badly on CG and EA, it's a stain on the entire Star Wars franchise. I think it's time for Lucasfilm or Disney to step in and demand that their IP be handled by a competent development team. Things were already bad before Dickenson, but this mess really takes the cake. I can't in good conscience make any further purchases in this game because if things go on like this, it doesn't have much longer.
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Of course they are.

Then again I am assuming they don't clock in and out and they are professionals not shelf stackers. I may be wrong

If you sod up on this scale you work the weekend. I was led to believe they cared, personal fan or professional care you don't ignore this.

The other point is the vitriol for the last week for which the response was, well, lack of response was, illuminating.....
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Honestly, early on in Swgoh, the team that worked on the game and interacted with the community were much more personable. There was a sense that they were working with the players to create a great game. Don't get me wrong - they made mistakes and there were bugs, but there was also the sense that they would work to fix them and do what was good for the game AND the players - not only what was best for the bottom line.
    Over time those people left and things have changed - and not always for the better.

Sure, there have been improvements to the game, but in many respects, the relationship between CG and the players has become more adversarial than cooperative. And much of that has to do with game direction and the ever increasing focus by CG on monetization over player experience.

There was a time when CG cared enough to make things right by their players. Sadly, that time has passed. Now CG seems more concerned about making things right by their bosses, parent companies and the respective stock holders of said parent companies. Player experience and enjoyment have taken a back seat.

Many long-time players are coming to terms with this - and that's why players like Mcmole and players with 4 and 5 and even 6 million GP rosters are walking away. 2015 and 2016 CG would have asked "What can we do to make things right?"
    2019 CG's response? 250 crystals.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    CLS wrote: »

[...]Especially if you get payed salary that means you are expected to work as many hours as needed.

Absolutely not. I work in a salaried job, directly in contact with clients/customers, and in no way does salary get to equal near-slavery for your employer.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @Blackula actually it was implied, directly, by the OP:

"Point is, why are you not working the weekend to fix this? You are not clock on/off factory workers (if you are then sorry, if not then...., take some pride). You have an event that opens what, eight hours ish before you show up and you lock it and leave for weekend with a solution that blows up both here and reddit. I hope your pulled pig BBQ was pleasant. If you are not on the clock then grow up and fix the biggest sodding screw up ever and show some professionalism."

It's either stated directly or implied at least 3 different times in just one paragraph that the devs should be dropping everything to fix a mobile game, regardless of what their plans were.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    and have LIED about not needing GET currency anymore for future character shards.

I will keep asking for a cite for this until somebody comes up with one.
  • Options
    Wow, the bloated sense self-entitlement on this thread is impressive even for these forums.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    ...and have LIED about not needing GET currency anymore for future character shards. ...

@CLS please provide a link or this quoted in any way.

Regurgitating others false statements doesn't make them true. You may want to reconsider calling someone a liar about something without proof, especially when you are wrong.
  • Options
    Blackula actually it was implied, directly, by the OP:

"Point is, why are you not working the weekend to fix this? You are not clock on/off factory workers (if you are then sorry, if not then...., take some pride). You have an event that opens what, eight hours ish before you show up and you lock it and leave for weekend with a solution that blows up both here and reddit. I hope your pulled pig BBQ was pleasant. If you are not on the clock then grow up and fix the biggest sodding screw up ever and show some professionalism."

It's either stated directly or implied at least 3 different times in just one paragraph that the devs should be dropping everything to fix a mobile game, regardless of what their plans were.
    And it's not even a matter of "fixing" anything. The Malak event was brought down. Nothing is broken. They'll do the rollback over Monday and Tuesday.

If it were a server outage or something and the game was actually broken, I could see an expectation for folks coming in on the weekend. But this? This is just nonsense.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    "Bein" a professional.

:thinking:

The fact that he said Dragon Champions is georestricted, I'd guess he's not from the US. As such, English might not be his first language. Just thinking.

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

And it's not even a matter of "fixing" anything. The Malak event was brought down. Nothing is broken. They'll do the rollback over Monday and Tuesday.

If it were a server outage or something and the game was actually broken, I could see an expectation for folks coming in on the weekend. But this? This is just nonsense.

There’s a lot of 7* malaks running around in arena right now that shouldn’t be there.

Should we like, try to round them up and catch them or something?
  • Options
    7fj2sw7dskww.gif
  • Options
    Dropping an announcement that they are taking away malak shards next week and giving an insult of 250 crystals and then ignoring the community outrage all weekend is unprofessional and bad customer service.

And no I'm not suggesting they work round the clock to fix it this weekend woth no pay. They can pay their employees over time or otherwise compensate them for their time. Or at the very least they could have stuck around long enough to respond to some concerns.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »

There’s a lot of 7* malaks running around in arena right now that shouldn’t be there.

Should we like, try to round them up and catch them or something?

Too late now, these rabbits have bred

But, this should have been handled day 1 or 2, not left to affect arena for 4-5 days

1 or 2 business days :wink:
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Entire capital games team thinks of Mr Burns as their model for professionalism
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Are we talking about the malak shards? You do realize they said how and when they're going to fix it right? It's not like it's a pressing matter that has to be resolved as soon as possible.
    I'm sure they'll work on weekends if the game is down or anything even remotely close to that, but something minor as this.
    Save water, drink champagne!
This discussion has been closed.