If the leader's ability is cancelled once leader shot down?

Wenyi
18 posts Member
I noticed even the leader was shot down in this game, his or her abilities still took effect to the whole team.

Actually it is unreasonable.

If the team lost the leader's ability once leader being shot down, the game's strategy would be changed a little bit and might get more fun in arena.

Replies

• Options
    This has been suggested before.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Wenyi
    18 posts Member
    Options
    This has been suggested before.

I think this is interesting. In my server, most of them in top 20 use QGJ as leader for high speed team, I also use QGJ, sometimes it is boring.
  • DrpPnts4Food
    224 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I think it would be less fun and limit the choices you make in the game. May as well set autoplay to default the leader as a target while we are at it.
    Tekken 7
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It has always been odd to me that leadership abilities persisted when the leader died...

But if that was changed. one has to think about the knock-on effect...

Leaders with low survivability would suddenly become less used.. and there are a lot of them.. Pretty much it would result in everyone stopping using Dooku, Sidious, QGJ, Ackbar, Leia, Luke, Maul, Yoda, IG-88, Tarkin, etc etc

What would people switch to? well obviously the more tanky ones like Barriss, HK-47, Boba, Vader, Phasma, Savage, Ima Gun, Chewbacca

The question would come down to how much would such a change change the diversity of the teams we encounter? would in reduce it or increase it? if it's the former then that's undesirable... if it's the latter then great...

Amongst the tanky leaders there are certain ones that stand out a lot more than the others... and you may see a return to the Arena leaderboards full of just Phasma, Hk-47 and maybe Barriss, the others are too limited in scope.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    I agree. common sense dictates that leader dead = ability no longer active.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    I think it would be less fun and limit the choices you make in the game. May as well set autoplay to default the leader as a target while we are at it.

Hardly.

It simply adds options in the game and might encourage tank characters in the game more for protecting leader abilities.
  • Options
    Bariss and Lumi heal at start of turn does go away when they die.
    While I would love to see leader ability disappear after leader is killed, at this time it would only reduce number of viable leaders, especially those with low health.
    What I would like to see is to automatically boost toon's defence/fortitude once they are in lead, together with removal of their ability on death.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Options
    I prefer the leader aura to stick around. Else what's the point of a leader and investing into an ability that can disappear before it's even used (e.g. one shotting a dooku lead)
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    In real life combat....once your squad leader is down.....he's down...his skills dont carry over....time for another chars skill set to take over
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    I fully understand the theory, but leadership is not only in execution but strategic development of a team strategy. So, I can see both sides.

Also who cares, as most leadership skills aren't even a major differential of this game as of yet. Case in point - how many top tier teams do you see with QGJ as lead with no other Jedi on the team.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Asic wrote: »
    I fully understand the theory, but leadership is not only in execution but strategic development of a team strategy. So, I can see both sides.

Also who cares, as most leadership skills aren't even a major differential of this game as of yet. Case in point - how many top tier teams do you see with QGJ as lead with no other Jedi on the team.

Agreed, that *most* leaders probably go away, but the ones that everyone is talking about are ones like Phasma, QGJ, etc.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I think it could be fun to have a "second in command" toon to takeover when the leader dies
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Ok I am following- suggestion is certain team leadership skills survive death and others done. Taking SW lore-

ST Hans- execution leader God, no strategic leadership. Maybe his leader skill should get a buff but let it go inactive on his death.
    Akbar- trips on himself going to toilet, leads rebel fleet. His leadership skill survives death, also needs buff.
    Yoda - currently perfect either way, survives.
    Liea- currently perfect either way, survives.
    Phasma - does nothing in episode 7. One of best leader skills in game. Maybe just delete her. (Oops, disregard)
  • Options
    Lol true phasma wasnt much of a leader in 7...infact she gave up without a fight....is that leadership material?....hmm
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Certain tyrants have been known to kill themselves hiding in a bunker upon capture.... So.... Wait she didn't even do that.

Short of Phasma being snoke or darth maul in a dress, I would say the goal of following lore has passed.