Which Malak Will I Get?

Backstory:
My Malak was 85/100 and I had saved up all the G12 needed gear so I could instantly convert him the moment he hits 7*. I also had saved up all the materials to 6 dot his mods. I also had 1 million in currency. I know, I'm rich. Wanna know my secret? Click Like and Subscribe.

The Malak Event:
I saw I could redo the event. I was like... okay, let's see how easy the event is now that I have relics on 3 of my Dark Side characters. Spoilers: It was REALLY easy. And after the event ended, I was AWARDED 75 SHARDS?!!??!?! HOLY SCHNIKES! I thought I'd get some gear or currency or nothing, but 75 shards?!!? What a treat, CG! I thought 75 was a tad excessive for redoing the event, but thought maybe that's the way it was supposed to go the third time around since so many things require GET currency now.

I leveled him up to 7* and turned in the remainder for shard currency. I geared him to G12+3 then 6 dotted his mods. Then I heard about the goof-up and "solution."

My Question:
When he resets back to prior to the event, which Malak do I get and what will be refunded to me? If he goes back to 6*, he can't have the 6 dot mods equipped either, so do those go back to normal (with the funds refunded) or do they just get unequipped with my Malak now having no viable mods on and naked until I can get the remaining 15 shards? Which means my Malak will be WORSE than before CG goofed up the game. Do I get back my spent equipment and currency? Or do I just lose weeks of farming for something that isn't my fault?

And what about all the sobbing and tissues I've used wiping my tears away? Do those get refunded too? Or all the donuts I had to eat to calm my nerves? Do I get those refunded plus a complimentary membership to Curves for a month? Is Curves still open? If so, is there one in my area? I'd check, but every time I use my phone I'm reminded of the pain and suffering I'm about to go through. And then more donuts.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    He will be reverted to 85/100.

As far as what they have said, you will get your stuff back, but it's not specific to say you will get it back in the state it was before the event. This means that most likely you will be getting the gear and the 6-dot mods.
  • Options
    So... mods I can't use. Cool. Cool cool cool.

I need more donuts! Steve! I need more donuts. STEVE! Where's Steve?
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the mods stay on him. If those are the 6 mods that were on him before, and all you did was upgrade them, they might just stay.
  • Options
    @DarthSmurfX dont eat them all yet, your going to need them for the 5-6 hour conversation with support for whatever else is kittened up in the roll back.. happy Tuesday in advance
  • Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    @DarthSmurfX dont eat them all yet, your going to need them for the 5-6 hour conversation with support for whatever else is kittened up in the roll back.. happy Tuesday in advance

Too late. My tummy hurts.
  • ObiKenobiJonesy
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You can pretty much tell who is getting extra shard currency vs who is getting rolled back.
    No matter what CG says or claims they cannot give those of us due a rollback everything we had before the fiasco. I won’t rcv the GET spent on gear when I didn’t think I needed it for shards anymore. I’ll likely just get the gear back. And essentially due to CGs mistake I will result in being FURTHER behind than I was before. The primary issue here is disciplining the players for a developer mistake. I don’t mind a rollback, but I want what I had before CGs mistake screwed it up.

Rewarding those that had him 7* with shard currency obtained thru the bug, and taking all away from those that didn’t sends a terrible message. They are actually condoning taking advantage of their glitch with the 7* crowd. Pitiful
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options

Well, if you're back to 85/100, you'll be able to 7* him when the TB finishes, so at worst you'll have substandard mods on Malak for 1 week. But you get to keep all the gear you bought with that extra shard currency (which is well worth 1M credits too).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the mods stay on him. If those are the 6 mods that were on him before, and all you did was upgrade them, they might just stay.

Would be pretty interesting if they allowed 6* mods to stay on a G11 character

It would just be a bug and they would revert it. Not that interesting anymore is it

They’ll prob just put the 6* mods in the inbox

How did it work with Sith assassin? There must be somebody here who was in that position in the past.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    Shaddes wrote: »

Would be pretty interesting if they allowed 6* mods to stay on a G11 character

It would just be a bug and they would revert it. Not that interesting anymore is it

They’ll prob just put the 6* mods in the inbox

How did it work with Sith assassin? There must be somebody here who was in that position in the past.

I can’t remember, were there 6* mods in game during the sith assassin thing?

They were added over a year ago.
  • Options

This is what actually bothers me. They can obviously change things in the game when it works to their benefit but customer service will not actually service the customers when we call and email in order to reverse things that we made a mistake on. Things need to go both ways for a sustainable relationship.
  • Options
    Chewy88 wrote: »

This is what actually bothers me. They can obviously change things in the game when it works to their benefit but customer service will not actually service the customers when we call and email in order to reverse things that we made a mistake on. Things need to go both ways for a sustainable relationship.

You probably don't want customer service reversing things. They're not software engineers and many aren't even familiar with the game. They're likely to muck things up. If rolling things back was so easy that anyone could do it then Malak would have been rolled back on Friday.
  • Options

Tou could be one of few people who are allowed to have 6 dot mods on a g11 toon if they dont unequip