Just a reminder for the makers

Darth_Shadow
77 posts Member
edited October 2019
The community is expecting (outright deserves) the “quarterly” Road ahead post. I think the mass anger in the community ought to see this no later than next Friday.

If you’re a dev and you’re reading this and the Bumpy road ahead blog isn’t finished yet. You don’t need to be reading the forums, everyone is mad, GET TO WORK!!

Type it up on a phone if both of the two computers are in use

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    They flat out told us it wasn’t coming until after LS TB.
  • Options
    The community is expecting (outright deserves) the “quarterly” Road ahead post. I think the mass anger in the community ought to see this no later than next Friday.

If you’re a dev and you’re reading this and the Bumpy road ahead blog isn’t finished yet. You don’t need to be reading the forums, everyone is mad, GET TO WORK!!

Type it up on a phone if both of the two computers are in use

Hopefully the community members that are expecting the road ahead in the next week actually go back and read the last couple major developer updates. From September:

Next Month’s State of the Galaxy & Road Ahead in Nov
    I also want to use this post to frame our near future plans so you have a solid idea of what to expect in the coming months and what we will be talking about in the next Road Ahead or State of the Galaxy. Normally, we would be ramping up for a big Road Ahead post next month, but you already know that Light Side Territory Battles will be our next major piece of content alongside new ships and characters coming - so we are going to save this for November.

Going forward, we will be posting the Road Ahead when we’ve got a new chapter of content to announce or something huge and exciting to announce (approximately once a quarter) but if there isn’t, we will post a State of the Galaxy that month in lieu of the Road Ahead. Our hope is while the Road Ahead is about driving hype and excitement around something cool and new, the State of the Galaxy can be where we discuss how things are going in the game and go deeper into our intentions.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

Oh woah... that’s in November. Kind of similar as last year when it was super late. Course I think the next road ahead will be out quality of life for new/all players & then the new trilogy.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Oh woah... that’s in November. Kind of similar as last year when it was super late. Course I think the next road ahead will be out quality of life for new/all players & then the new trilogy.

They also told us it wasn’t going to be on a set schedule anymore but would come when they had something worthy to say. So there is no longer such a thing as “super late.”
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options

They also told us it wasn’t going to be on a set schedule anymore but would come when they had something worthy to say. So there is no longer such a thing as “super late.”

BUT WE NEED THINGS TO BE MAD ABOUT
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Ah, That’s actually a good thing then. Course I used to really look forward to the road ahead. Now it’s like “meh”.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    BUT WE NEED THINGS TO BE MAD ABOUT
    This forum has proven time and again that we really don't. Nothing to be mad about? Be mad about the nothing!
    Still not a he.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Be mad about the nothing!

Neverending Story theme intensifies
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Gotta say, the way you worded that makes it seem way worse. Keep missing the deadline? Just remove the deadline altogether so you can't technically miss it
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Poor Artax! I still cry and I am 42.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    SkylarSong wrote: »

Gotta say, the way you worded that makes it seem way worse. Keep missing the deadline? Just remove the deadline altogether so you can't technically miss it

Sure. But they also said there would be a state of the galaxy the months where there isn’t a road ahead, so you can still complain about them missing/being late on that.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    SkylarSong wrote: »

Sure. But they also said there would be a state of the galaxy the months where there isn’t a road ahead, so you can still complain about them missing/being late on that.

It's a whine whine!
  • Options
    Are we allowed to ask for LS TB info starting this week, since it’s a month away and that’s when they started giving DS info, or is that “whining” too?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Are we allowed to ask for LS TB info starting this week, since it’s a month away and that’s when they started giving DS info, or is that “whining” too?

Asking for info is not itself whining, though it could certainly be phrased in a whiny way. It is, however, pointless in my opinion, since they will release the info when they are ready to do so, and threads asking for it sooner won’t have any effect.
  • Options

Asking for info is not itself whining, though it could certainly be phrased in a whiny way. It is, however, pointless in my opinion, since they will release the info when they are ready to do so, and threads asking for it sooner won’t have any effect.

Complacent much?

TBF, they do not engage with the community much at all and people asking for info on things is not a reach by the player base.

They put the dev tracker in to try to avoid having to ever answer questions, IMO.

We have seen this act before. Even on threads where they asked for feedback, they would never acknowledge anything.

The game is dying. Whether the plug is being pulled intentionally or not is the real question. It sure feels like they want everyone to quit based on their decisions of late.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Complacent much?

TBF, they do not engage with the community much at all and people asking for info on things is not a reach by the player base.

They put the dev tracker in to try to avoid having to ever answer questions, IMO.

We have seen this act before. Even on threads where they asked for feedback, they would never acknowledge anything.

The game is dying. Whether the plug is being pulled intentionally or not is the real question. It sure feels like they want everyone to quit based on their decisions of late.

The game has been dying for at least 3 years.

Yeah, I’m complacent about the communication because from my perspective there’s a ton of it. Before this I played a game in which there was zero communication from the devs about anything ever. So I find the fact that they are willing to do regular Q&As pretty great, and I find other players’ expectations completely unreasonable. Since they can’t say a single word without it being twisted beyond all recognition by people reading whatever they feel like into it, I don’t blame the devs in the slightest for not responding to a bunch of outrage about things they have no intention of changing.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I truly hope that Disney comes to their senses and opens up the Star Wars game licensing to more than just EA. I’m not saying EA should be excluded but they clearly need competition to push them to do better. As it stands they are not doing a good job meeting gamer expectations.

I always believe in the free market trade system as well. However, there is more money to be made in having 1 company do it all, if that 1 company has offered the right price. Now I know what you will probably say, and yes more companies would be making games, more games would be made which would equal more sales. However, that is a lot more to manage, which requires more expenses. Disney isnt new to the money making business, I am sure they have done their cost analysis studies and have determined this is the way to go.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Poor Artax! I still cry and I am 42.

Liek dis if u cri evertime
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    I truly hope that Disney comes to their senses and opens up the Star Wars game licensing to more than just EA. I’m not saying EA should be excluded but they clearly need competition to push them to do better. As it stands they are not doing a good job meeting gamer expectations.

MSF is just as bad. So is Raid. So is the new Dragon Champions thing. It's always the same; tons of free energy and currency in the beginning to get you hooked playing a lot for a couple days, then it slows down to the grind we all know and hate unless you spend money.

From what I can tell, people seem to enjoy SW:BF2 after they got rid of the P2W aspect. But that's a title you pay to own and, if I had to guess, Disney/EA gets a cut of the PSN/XBOX Live money based on how many players play that game and/or how much time is spent playing that game. Freemium moble games are always going to be a different beast. Want to talk about a real fleecing? You can't even do a one time buy to get rid of ads forever on Words with Friends; you'd have to pay $10/month indefinitely to not have ads! Every free mobile game about PVP/progression does something annoying to push you to spend money. That's just how it is.
  • Options

I was so happy to unlock the Millennium Falcor
  • Options

I was so happy to unlock the Millennium Falcor

Still waiting on that Luck Dragon Marquee.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

And who knows when that will come? Probably 3 weeks
  • Options
    "The game has been dying for three years."? It's pretty much 3 years old, and new content is coming. All of these phone games are perpetual beta or bust now. Either way, it has a consistent can base. As long as this world has Star Wars and smartphones this game isn't going anywhere.