QOL improvement. Platoons

How about a way to place a “focus” or “restrict” tag on individual platoons? We often fail to finish an even number of platoons because people throw their toons on haphazardly.

Replies

• Options
    Suggested many, many times.

The workaround is to practice herding cats at home.
  • Options
    We have a rule of "Numerical Order". Do not put anything in Platoon 2 if you could put something in Platoon 1 instead. If Platoon 2 is not finished, look at what is still needed there before looking at Platoon 5. etc.

Seems to work pretty good.
  • Options
    The problem with numerical order is that we don’t have the toons to finish some platoons. For example, let’s say we don’t have any Trayas in our guild, then throwing toons into a platoon that requires a Traya is pointless.
  • Options
    The best you can do is write instructions on the platoon node on the map.

They won’t be introducing locks / etc on individual platoons.
  • Options
    the best you can do is to communicate and organise through other means, like discord
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    How about a way to place a “focus” or “restrict” tag on individual platoons? We often fail to finish an even number of platoons because people throw their toons on haphazardly.

We have a spreadsheet that has everyone's lowest GP character to fill the platoons. Worst part is when People don't read it a deploy all willy nilly.
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

A better QOL for platoons would be to remove them entirely from the game.

They provide 0 value add for the players. I mean when was the last time you slapped DR into a platoon and said to yourself, "wow. I just peed a little that was so exciting?".

Look I get the point of platoons from an EA perspective. They are to slow progress by making certain Pay wall characters required for advancement. Cool. How bout we use the same concept, but put to work some of that revenue you are raking in and create some sort of mini mission so we actually have to do something fun? Novel idea eh?