Plz help with who to continue and who to pause/abandon

Seeing some pretty big decisions around the corner, it would be great to get some experienced people to give me advice on the following:

Currently I have 7*8g GS, 7*8g Lumi, 7*8g Sid, 47/85 8g QGJ, 63/85 8g JC, 0/85 8g Poe, 6/65 8g Dooku, 12/100 6g Poogle, 12/65 5g RG, 5/65 6g IG-86 and some GW fodder

Farming JC to 6* in Cantina nodes, planned to switch to Dooku to make him 7* after that, but the recent announcement makes me wonder if that is the best way to go? So should I stick to him despite his 161 speed being a prime target to get damage nerfed in the upcoming changes?

Farming QGJ to 7* - plan to stick to that for his versatility, that will stay despite possible DPS reduction - anybody disagrees?

Farming Poogle to 7* in GW, next would be IG-86 - I really don't like Phasma, but probably will need to revisit the decision to not get him once the changes hit...

Saving up Arena tokens right now (11k atm) because I dont feel like getting bad Jedi like Eeth Koth only to be able to get Yoda...

Hard node farming Rey and Anakin, will probably stick to that - would love to get Ima-Gun Di but only if there is a reasonable way without farming 2 years or spending more than a couple of bucks...

Any suggestions tips ideas for squad development (mainly f2p) welcome

Replies

• Options
    I'm f2p and have a similar team. I would think your squad as is keeps you very competitive in GW and Arena. If so, then why not pause? Nobody has a clue how drastic the update is going to change the game. For example, Dooku is fast, but isn't a huge hitter, so will he be nerfed? I dunno. I'm almost to 7* Dooku, so I'm going to finish farming him in Cantina battle, but I'm done farming everything else. I'm doing GW, Arena battles, challenges and daily activities and that's it. I'm stockpiling credits, energy, crystals and all tokens until the update hits and the dust settles, then will be able to quickly put those resources to work in the right direction.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I am actually quite happy with the performance of the team so far - in Arena, on a competitive mid January server shard, I can actually consistently place Top 10 and often Top 5 although I am the last who has to hit Lvl 70, so a bit underpowered.

GW I can complete 90% of the time, which is fine really... actually that is probably my favorite part of the game to find a workable way through the RNG maze...

Also forgot that I farm hard for RG, buying shards whenever they pop up in addition to the nodes...

If you pause everything after 7ing your Dooku, what are you doing with your daily energy? Stockpiling gear?

Not sure if I want to pause my 3 long term projects although your reasoning is very sensible :smile:
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah... I get the desire to keep pressing. After all, it's a game and it's supposed to be fun! I'm going after purple hairdryers with rest of my normal energy. Almost every character needs a billion of those, so they should be useful even after the update. Not sure what I'll do in Cantina battles after Dooku is maxed.
  • Options
    I would suggest you leveling IG86 and if you havent done it IG88. Because IG88 standard attack is almost the same as an attack with assist and if you combine with 86 assist you gain a pretty nice burst dmg.
  • goobstoob
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Seeing some pretty big decisions around the corner, it would be great to get some experienced people to give me advice on the following:

Farming JC to 6* in Cantina nodes, planned to switch to Dooku to make him 7* after that, but the recent announcement makes me wonder if that is the best way to go? So should I stick to him despite his 161 speed being a prime target to get damage nerfed in the upcoming changes?

Any suggestions tips ideas for squad development (mainly f2p) welcome

dooku gets a +%15 damage to his basic attack. i wouldn't call his damage "nerfed". if anything, his speed and HP will take a hit compared to other toons.