An honest explanation why rolling back Malak is frustrating.

It's not just that I spent cash to gear up Malak, although that's a big part of it, but I had been hoarding resources, not for Malak, but for my Geo's and Troopers. And while I'm going to get Malaks gear back, I'm not going to get it in raw salvage that I can use to make the gear pieces that others need. Additionally, after getting the Malak shards, I felt free to use that currency I had been hoarding on OTHER toons. So now, not only will my original plans be set back, but I'll be behind on getting Malak shards as well. Lastly, I was disappointed when I saw the star forge event show up again so soon. I knew I wouldn't be getting anything from it, and felt like showing me the event without anything at all to earn from it was kinda uncool. Then when I heard it was giving shards, I was genuinely excited. Now, it's probably the biggest let down I've had in my 2 years or so playing this game. It's really kind of **** the life out of the game for me, which makes me a little bit angry that CG's mistake is doing this kind of damage to my fun. The compensation package described just makes me think how greedy CG is and that they don't at all care about the game or it's players. It's a shame, really. The damage you guys are about to do, I'm not sure you fully grasp the consequences of it. The perception is that CG doesn't put much thought into these reckless actions, or we wouldn't be in this predicament to begin with. Seems like your proposed solution is going to leave players worse off, which will leave the game worse off as players enthusiasm fades and spending declines. It's a lose lose isn't it? WHAT are they thinking? They're willing to sacrifice the game just because some people got some character shards unexpectedly? Who's in charge of that idea?

Replies

• Options
    I agree 100% . If I was you I would speak to someone at apple or Google play . Explain to them that you only bought what you did to gear up your toon . And since the dev's at cg screwed up . They are now going to role back your account, which will make your purchase useless.
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaand this is why spending a ton of money on a mobile game is pointless. I have spent a bit over my couple of years (like $250 total) but to spend an egregious amount immediately to get a new character faster can only bite you in the **** (like it just did) It's just not worth it (the money or the aggravation). I'm just not spending a cent ever again. Plain and simple. They listen to the wallet and the wallet only.
  • Options
    Stalbot wrote: »
    I agree 100% . If I was you I would speak to someone at apple or Google play . Explain to them that you only bought what you did to gear up your toon . And since the dev's at cg screwed up . They are now going to role back your account, which will make your purchase useless.

Yeah, did that. Google Play said I had to contact the game developer (which I had) since this did not fall under their refund policy. I honestly can't fault Google Play here - I mean they are not responsible. Why should they have to take on that cost and have to chase CG/EA for the bad debt?

Without getting into detail, you may need to restate your request to Google but do so using the right language. Review that policy they quoted and figure out if your request falls under it or not, then word your request appropriately.
  • Options
    Sure, it's frustrating....but people don't also deserve to get a bunch of free Malak shards that others had to spend a lot of GET on. This was an obvious bug....anyone who rushed to spend money on gear should have known better and know that was ill-advised to throw gear requiring 7 stars on a character that they knew they did not legitimately obtain 7 stars on. Why would anyone do that? The event launched in the middle of the night for CG's offices so why wouldn't someone at least wait until CG was back in the office later that day to make a comment on the bug? It feels like people just rushed to put gear on him because they thought that somehow the gear would stay on him even if he got returned to 5 or 6 stars or because they thought they would somehow be blocking a rollback by gearing him up.
    I also understand that there can be no rollback. You cant take one piece of a jigsaw puzzle and replace it with one from another that doesnt exist without it being part of a domino effect.
    Several developers have stated in other forums that this is impossible.
    The only outcome is to give everyone malak at 7* and move on

That's just false. They did a rollback for Sith Assassin awhile back which included a gear refund.
  • Options
    While this was a mistake (not the same as a bug), it also is an issue due to the in-game message timing. There is a large part of the community that does not hang around the forums, YouTube, or news feeds.