Malak bug could prevent me from getting Kyber

If I win out in GAC I will be in Kyber league 🎉🎊🎈... I have no Malak and face him occasionally...

Will any of my opponents get to use their free 150 Malak shards? I’m hoping the devs rollback Malaks before Grand Arena lock-in because making Kyber in Division 2 is phenomenally difficult... especially with no Malak.

Replies

• Options
    They do need to get this fixed before GA lock. Malak would skew the outcome of many matches.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I think you mean division 1.

Division 1 I’ve heard you have zero room for error. Division 2 you can lose 1 match (out of 12) and make a few extra mistakes.
  • Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I think you mean division 1.

Division 1 I’ve heard you have zero room for error. Division 2 you can lose 1 match (out of 12) and make a few extra mistakes.

You can lose 1-2 rounds in Division 1 and still get Kyber, provided you get high scores and complete lots of feats. I've done it before. ;-)
  • Options
    Its equally tough for d1 and 2, hence the good rewards that come with it. Last time I lost 1 match and did a fair number of feats and still missed by 600 points. I'm in d2
  • Mol9961
    71 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    If I win out in GAC I will be in Kyber league 🎉🎊🎈... I have no Malak and face him occasionally...

Will any of my opponents get to use their free 150 Malak shards? I’m hoping the devs rollback Malaks before Grand Arena lock-in because making Kyber in Division 2 is phenomenally difficult... especially with no Malak.

This is what annoys me about gac. I am in division 2, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone that didn’t have Malak, and the high majority have relic Malak. I get annoyed that guild mates that are much worse than I am can make kyber in division 2 with crappy rosters, because they get paired with the worst of the division. It makes no sense if it’s a tournament
    For me the only thing worth farming is mods, there is no point in gearing up. As soon as I do and get ahead I’m matched up with someone better, and it keeps me stuck in the same old.
    Why not a true tournament with real ranks?
  • Options
    Ive only lost 1 in Div2 so far. Full cleared the rest with decent scores and done all feats I think. I need just over 8k more banners to kyber. A full clear is worth almost 1900, a win 1k. So I need 3 full clears and 2 wins to reach it. Hopefully theyll release more feats in future GAC or make feats worth more banners so that Div 1-2 have a better chance at reaching kyber. It was so easy in Div 3
  • Options
    If there's still people in Div1 without Malak.............. is there any clearer indication that Div1 needs to be revamped?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    capifico22 wrote: »
    If there's still people in Div1 without Malak.............. is there any clearer indication that Div1 needs to be revamped?

Relics and ships can really boost you into higher divisions although your roster size / depth isn’t quite there yet
  • Options
    I agree, the rollback needs to happen before GAC lock. But they also need to restart the event prior to lock too. Some of us were just about to finally unlock Malak...if they STILL can't get the event up and running (6 days later) it'll be yet another GAC facing all opponents who have Malak without having Malak to counter.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    You can lose two matches and still make Kyber in Div2, for the record. I lost two last season and the 1k victory points on the final match nudged me over the line. I missed a couple of the feats, too, because my Republic are mostly garbage and there were a ton of Republic-themed ones.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    You can lose two matches and still make Kyber in Div2, for the record. I lost two last season and the 1k victory points on the final match nudged me over the line. I missed a couple of the feats, too, because my Republic are mostly garbage and there were a ton of Republic-themed ones.

Hmmm I’ll have to check. I could probably still lose 1 but have to fill clear everything and get all feats... would be very close.
  • Options
    Looks like they just pushed out the change, so the incorrect Malaks should not be in the next GAC round.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Anything below div1 is a joke. You can lose more than 2 matches in div2 while in div1 1-2 is the max (2 only if you pretty much always full cleared and complete all feats).

Yet we get the same rewards in all divisions which is just stupid.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Anything below div1 is a joke. You can lose more than 2 matches in div2 while in div1 1-2 is the max (2 only if you pretty much always full cleared and complete all feats).

False. I made Kyber in Division 2 last GAC with 2 losses, full clears on all rounds, and I completed every feat except one minor one and I just barely made it. No way I could have made it with 3 losses.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »

False. I made Kyber in Division 2 last GAC with 2 losses, full clears on all rounds, and I completed every feat except one minor one and I just barely made it. No way I could have made it with 3 losses.

Ah, you're right. The score jump is between div3 and 2. Div2 is just easier compared to div1 but still requires the same amount of wins.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I am in division 1 with 8 wins and 1 loss and 8.2k away from kyber

It’s tough
  • Options
    Its equally tough for d1 and 2, hence the good rewards that come with it. Last time I lost 1 match and did a fair number of feats and still missed by 600 points. I'm in d2

Good rewards lol
  • Options
    Yeah this is going to affect my GAC. 6• mods on a 6* Malak.

nvdbqokh331e.png
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    The 6* mods aren’t a big impact on g10 values and speed is everything doesn’t apply to Malak
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    The 6* mods aren’t a big impact on g10 values and speed is everything doesn’t apply to Malak

Why can't you just concede that the developers should fix this properly? I don't see why they deserve a break when it was their own ineptitude that caused the situation in the first place. If you break something take some ownership and fix your mistake properly. Do these people have no pride in their work?
  • Options
    It probably isn’t a big boost to Malak. It’s more of the principle and it undermines people’s trust in the integrity of the game.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I like how they fixed it in a way that is advantageous to players (you get to leave 6E mods on him and he keeps his G12 gear) and people are still finding reasons to whinge about it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

Why can't you just concede that the developers should fix this properly? I don't see why they deserve a break when it was their own ineptitude that caused the situation in the first place. If you break something take some ownership and fix your mistake properly. Do these people have no pride in their work?
    It should've been fixed properly (aka mods removed from Malak but remain in your mod inventory) and I'm not disputing that

but I don't think its as bad as everyone is yelling it out to be (significant advantage in arena / GAC). I'm guessing due to the pressure of time, they decided to apply a bandaid rather than proper and thorough fix. Not excusing their decision but it is what it is and its an ok fix
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

It should've been fixed properly (aka mods removed from Malak but remain in your mod inventory) and I'm not disputing that

but I don't think its as bad as everyone is yelling it out to be (significant advantage in arena / GAC). I'm guessing due to the pressure of time, they decided to apply a bandaid rather than proper and thorough fix. Not excusing their decision but it is what it is and its an ok fix

They can still continue to fix it. Now that GAC rosters are locked, just run a script to take all mods off Malak for every player and give them a few hundred thousand credits. The people with 6E mods won't be able to re-equip them and the issue is solved.

Similarly they can run a script to find G12 5* & 6* Malaks and deal with them on a case-by-case basis (there can't be *that* many). They have tools to roll back and refund gear.

Have some people come in on the weekend or stay late and make it right. EA is a multi-billion dollar company and they can't pay a few OT hours to fix this correctly? I might accept this from some cash-strapped start-up, but for a Star Wars license it's pretty shameful. Are there like 2 people left working on this title or something?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    It probably isn’t a big boost to Malak. It’s more of the principle and it undermines people’s trust in the integrity of the game.

Lol tell me any developer that could easily remove individual, unique mods from a character and give it back to players.

Its basically impossible unless they wanna spend weeks doing it individually
  • Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

Lol tell me any developer that could easily remove individual, unique mods from a character and give it back to players.

This is more like when Lebron James stole MJ’s number, rode MJ’s Coattails to get his own SpaceJam 2 movie, Betrayed His hometown Cleveland not once... but twice! Then defends communist China and scolds Hong Kong for wanting Freedom because Lebron wants China’s $$CG$$. Definitely more like on that level.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    SemiGod wrote: »

This is more like when Lebron James stole MJ’s number, rode MJ’s Coattails to get his own SpaceJam 2 movie, Betrayed His hometown Cleveland not once... but twice! Then defends communist China and scolds Hong Kong for wanting Freedom because Lebron wants China’s $$CG$$. Definitely more like on that level.

And hes still 3-6 #notmygoat

I'm guessing you used that analogy because of my profile pic ;)
  • Options
    I lose it before GA and I don't have time reunlock just before the GA

CG thanks to **** me
  • Options
    If you clear everything, and do most of it around 1900 and do all the feats, you can get to kyber with 3 losses. Im in div1, this time I will be short for kyber, I already lost 3 times and there was 1 time when I couldnt clear the board. I reached kyber at the first time, the second time I was short a few hundred points, that I lost because I couldnt clear one territory. Next time I hope I can get to kyber again.