MALAK and GAC question

So to me timing may be an issue here combined with matchmaking and locking rosters (which we know they have spot on......). Two scenarios play out in my mind with this roll back:

1) You got Malak to 7 star as a result of the bug/issue. You geared him up, sitting at g13 r7 or whatever. Match making goes into effect and bumps you up into a harder tier/grouping/match whatever. You go into GAC and they strip your Malak and didn't lock him in because why would/should they? You're now hurting punching above your weight class.

2) Your opponent got Malak as a result of the bug/issue. They match you up based on their Malak not being bumped up because they know they shouldn't have him and their roster is inflated as a result (I.e. they did the math on match making to back their 7 star Malak out), but they don't actually pull the trigger on pulling Malak shards until after roster lock and their equation doesn't take this into consideration so Malak is locked in their roster much like we if 7 star a character after lock it doesn't matter. So why should the reverse not be true? So now they have a much better squad than their opponents because Malak was locked in, but match making didn't take this into account.

I mean what are the chances they get this right?

I guess at the end of the day no real big deal. Just a game and it's only one GAC. Another one will be along before you know it, but it's kind of funny. Maybe not "Ha ha" funny, but funny none the less.