Matched with three of the same players this GAC round

I am matched with three players I just got paired with during the last GAC round. It is not ‘good matchmaking’ in any way because these players potentially know everything about my defence etc. which is difficult to change when you are at a GP disadvantage with an already-low GP. Similarly, I could potentially know theirs (which I don’t remember - why should I need to remember?)

Also, I fit the description of not owning a 7* Malak yet I have not received any compensation. No GET1, no shards, no crystals.

I wish the developers cared about their game and players more than they show.

Replies

• Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    “They know my defense but I don’t know theirs because nobody remembers defense”

🤔
  • Options
    I've played the same guy three rounds in a row. How few people are playing GAC that this is possible?
  • Options
    Have also the same opponent again this round. However, it was fun, seeing the closed conversation from 12h earlier and then the opponent writes a simple "Hi :)"
    😅
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    “They know my defense but I don’t know theirs because nobody remembers defense”

🤔

Actually Ultra you oaf, I said they ‘potentially’ already know my defence and that I do not remember theirs. Either way it is not acceptable in consecutive GAC rounds.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is you probably have a high matchmaking GP for your league, and there are fewer people that you can be matched with.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    My guess is you probably have a high matchmaking GP for your league, and there are fewer people that you can be matched with.

Its as this guy says cause I'm in the same boat. My first opponent I have also faced 3 times in a row and I versed 4 of this group already but it's better than the 6 I faced before in the last GAC lol they need to do something about it, just cause our rosters are unique shouldn't mean we get stuck playing the same guys out of hundreds of thousands of people
  • Options
    Saada wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

Its as this guy says cause I'm in the same boat. My first opponent I have also faced 3 times in a row and I versed 4 of this group already but it's better than the 6 I faced before in the last GAC lol they need to do something about it, just cause our rosters are unique shouldn't mean we get stuck playing the same guys out of hundreds of thousands of people

I mean, I don't totally mind, as the people I've played multiple times have been relatively easy to defeat, but I imagine on the other side it's frustrating to keep seeing me in the bracket.

I don't have a high matchmaking GP at all though, I think my effective character GP is only 1.5 million. The bigger issue is that they did away with cross-division matchmaking, and my massive ship GP has me in Division 1 where there is almost no one with an effective GP this low.
  • Options
    I've got a few guildmates that are also Benning repeatedly matched against the same opponents in GAC. Definitely not very fun for them to face the same players everytime.
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    The bigger issue is that they did away with cross-division matchmaking, and my massive ship GP has me in Division 1 where there is almost no one with an effective GP this low.
    I miss those cross-Division matches, I found the differences in roster composition to be a really interesting challenge.

Unfortunately a lot of people complained (as often happens around here) so they were removed. And yes,.one consequence of that is that players at the top or bottom of their Division in terms of top x toon GP will be matched with each other repeatedly. Another consequence is that more people get byes because the matchmaker cannot create a full GA bracket for them.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    The bigger issue is that they did away with cross-division matchmaking, and my massive ship GP has me in Division 1 where there is almost no one with an effective GP this low.
    I miss those cross-Division matches, I found the differences in roster composition to be a really interesting challenge.

Unfortunately a lot of people complained (as often happens around here) so they were removed. And yes,.one consequence of that is that players at the top or bottom of their Division in terms of top x toon GP will be matched with each other repeatedly. Another consequence is that more people get byes because the matchmaker cannot create a full GA bracket for them.

Hmm... yes... stomping kids in elementary school while you're almost out of middle school is kinda fun right? I wonder why most sports have a "Weight class"🤔 just food for thought..
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    zeekdog wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Hmm... yes... stomping kids in elementary school while you're almost out of middle school is kinda fun right? I wonder why most sports have a "Weight class"🤔 just food for thought..
    Actually I found the fights vs higher Division opponents to be generally easier (generally older accounts with GP bloat from past metas) and vs lower Division opponents to be generally harder (newer accounts with tightly focused rosters). Both made for interesting.and varied fights.