Get1 & Get2 are destroying the game

Prev134
JDK82
151 posts Member
Allright, I want to highlight in this post my point if view about the recent changes and more and more toons/ships which have to be bought with get:

It was allways an achievement to take beat any legendary/hero journey on the first go.
Focused farming and gearing was required. With gear 13 and relics obviously those events get even more difficult.

But what is really a slap in the face is that you now can unlock the well deserved toon or ship just at 5☆

Also if the malevolence is also going to the get2 shop (same like negotiator) - this would be just redicioulos. It is allready a stretch with malak and gas.

I can understand the politics behind:
Give the people no chance of farming gear through that shop.

But this is simply just the wrong way. I understand that we are playing a grinding game and I love it. But waiting each time 2 weeks to be able to by 15 shards of a toon or ship I put in great effort to get it, doesn't feel rewarding at all.

Reconsider that current strategy please!

Replies

• CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Absolutely no character that requires players to spend money to get the first time should be unlocked at 5 stars, that is a total greedy and sc$mbag move.

Remember the excitement when you had to progress your team to repeat the Legendary events to get the final two stars on the second run and stuff?

Because you knew by the second time your effort would have paid off by spending like two more months (or until the event return) to get a full 7* character and would not be stuck behind a stupid currency for 4 or 5 months farming the last two stars.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    That’s the way these games go. They multiply ingame currencies until it it really harms the game and, then, it dies. OP is right, having another GET currency was definitely not a clever decision.
  • Options
    CG choice specifically on GAS saved me money. No reason to whale to relic levels when I can’t use him for months anyway. It was mildly disappointing to have hoarded tons of resources and actually meet all the requirements at G12 and g13 but have no reason to push to finish the event.

I did enjoy blowing my stash on stuff I wanted to for a change instead of whatever cookie cutter team CG has shoe horned into being meta.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    IMO it's not GET 1&2, those are just resources to be managed, if you didnt do so you will find yourself in a sticky situation.

The timeline for these characters is longer than a raid toon, but if one was introduced this would be the same problem. It depends how you look at it, but the root problem seems to be more the power difference of a 5* toon, vs 7* g13, 6dot mod, r(1-7). The most recent g13 + r + 6dot makes anything not completed to that level, basically useless against anyone who is.

Gear grind aside, they need to rethink the way g13, mods, and relics are gated if they want to try and avoid any of this in the future.
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    GET 1 and 2 may be an issue, although as Kyno pointed out it's really no different than Traya, which by the way was suppposed to kill guilds and kill the game. Sure it did kill some guilds but the game is still going.

Which is to say, hyperbole like "destroying the game" is just that...hyperbole.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    GET 1 and 2 may be an issue, although as Kyno pointed out it's really no different than Traya, which by the way was suppposed to kill guilds and kill the game. Sure it did kill some guilds but the game is still going.

Which is to say, hyperbole like "destroying the game" is just that...hyperbole.

Some of us live our whole lives in hyperboles, you should try it, although you do end up getting slapped in the face a lot.
  • Options
    Congratulations! You just posted the 10,000th reason something is "killing the game!" I hereby grant you 100 drama queen points.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    I remember my first hoda/wampa farm
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    IMO it's not GET 1&2, those are just resources to be managed, if you didnt do so you will find yourself in a sticky situation.

The timeline for these characters is longer than a raid toon, but if one was introduced this would be the same problem. It depends how you look at it, but the root problem seems to be more the power difference of a 5* toon, vs 7* g13, 6dot mod, r(1-7). The most recent g13 + r + 6dot makes anything not completed to that level, basically useless against anyone who is.

Gear grind aside, they need to rethink the way g13, mods, and relics are gated if they want to try and avoid any of this in the future.

Kyno,

I post on these forums every now and then. There are few times I agree with you. The line, “The timeline for these characters is longer than a raid too.” Is why I am furious at these ridiculous GET currency farms!

Think of the ways GET 1 or GET 2. GET is awarded in small amounts for TW and HSith. One is PvP where one person, whale, with a decked out Malak or G$ can almost keep a whole guild from winning. The other is The hardest raid in the game. This is a difficult grind already. Like a slow escalator to the top of Mt. GET 1 for 7star Malak or G$.

Then the best way to earn GET 1&2 is Geo TBs. The most time consuming RNG content we have. This is even worse than the gear grind... this is grind^2 (squared).

There has to be some reconciliation between CG creating these 5star unlocks. Why not let a diminishing amount of shards be rewarded for completing the Malak and G$ event multiple times? Why not just let them be unlocked at 7star?

CG may not want players to hoard and predict new toons come Nd to the game, but that is exactly what I am driven to do. My Malak is 70/85 shards. I am currently at 13.1k GET1 and am hoarding for G$. 68.4k has become my new zero. 80 zeta mats are the new zero. I am accruing the gear for him to be the new double and triple checked new zeros...

How am I ever going to purchase gear in that store? Or how am I going to use GET2 for anything other than ships? 105/145 for Negotiator? This game is no longer a game of Heroes but of Hoarding... absolutely infuriating.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    GET 1 and 2 are parts of the interrelated whole. There are two problems from my perspective.

1. 5* unlocks for hard to get characters SUCK. @CG_TopHat WE HATE 5* UNLOCKS. It takes all the joy away. It feels like a punishment. A several month grind likely supplemented by spending money is worth it to get the reward at the end. If the reward is another grind we get no good feeling. There is no dopamine hit.

If you want a creature with a dopaminergic reward system in their brain to repeat a behavior, then the reward needs to be close enough to the desired behavior for the brain to see a link between the two. If a dog does a trick, and you don’t give him the treat quickly then he will stop doing it. Not only is there no rewarding feeling, we actually feel like we did what you wanted, and got swatted on the nose with a newspaper instead of a treat.

We don’t need freebies. Make the event hard. Require panic farm characters. We should have to plan ahead, sacrifice, grind, pay, or some combination of that to get elite, new toons. When we do that though, GIVE US THE TREAT. Stop punishing us by giving us another grind. I’m one of the 6k that got G$ and I’ve never felt so sick of this game.

If you feel like there is too much currency in the economy figure out a different way to get rid of it. However...

2. Major problem two is that the economy has ground to a trickle. Too many progression systems have been dumped on us too quickly. I’m assuming you want people to get a reasonably regular dopamine hit from upgrading regular characters too. Not just the elite ones. Well nothing happens if they we aren’t actually making meaningful progress on characters, and gear 11/12 doesn’t feel like progress anymore. It’s still difficult to get there though.

In fact it’s even harder for some characters. 500 Kyrotechs being added to new characters SUCKS. Not only that but you lied to us, and insulted our intelligence by telling us that it was to make things better. That’s bull. You added those ON TOP of miserable gear tables, not instead of older gear that is still hard to get.

So gear progress has slowed drastically, and in that environment they made the choice to require 68,400 GET (enough for 28.5 fully crafted stun gun prototypes) for new characters people already spent months working for, and many paid hundreds to unlock. That is so clueless and tone deaf that I almost can’t believe it.

I really want the devs to make a great living for a long time making an enjoyable game. Right now it is far less fun for a bigger percentage of players than previously. There need to be gates, but right now it feels so hard that it’s disheartening. Relics are a gate and source of income. G13 and the 100 kyros needed there are a gate and a source of income. Even G12 and G12 plus are still too. Please make things better by:

1. NEVER EVER putting kyros in a gear table other than the 100 in g13 pieces.

2. Make epic characters 7* unlocks.

3. Loosen up a bit on anything below g12.

I don’t think any of that is unreasonable.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    By my count the list of things that are currently "destroying the game" is actually longer than the number of things in the game itself.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    By my count the list of things that are currently "destroying the game" is actually longer than the number of things in the game itself.

Few days ago I realized I like forums more than playing (meaningfull grinding) the game :(
  • Options
    Watch Ark Trooper get put on a Cantina Node that doesn't have Relic Signal Data... Mark my word
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Kyno,

I post on these forums every now and then. There are few times I agree with you. The line, “The timeline for these characters is longer than a raid too.” Is why I am furious at these ridiculous GET currency farms!

Think of the ways GET 1 or GET 2. GET is awarded in small amounts for TW and HSith. One is PvP where one person, whale, with a decked out Malak or G$ can almost keep a whole guild from winning. The other is The hardest raid in the game. This is a difficult grind already. Like a slow escalator to the top of Mt. GET 1 for 7star Malak or G$.

Then the best way to earn GET 1&2 is Geo TBs. The most time consuming RNG content we have. This is even worse than the gear grind... this is grind^2 (squared).

There has to be some reconciliation between CG creating these 5star unlocks. Why not let a diminishing amount of shards be rewarded for completing the Malak and G$ event multiple times? Why not just let them be unlocked at 7star?

CG may not want players to hoard and predict new toons come Nd to the game, but that is exactly what I am driven to do. My Malak is 70/85 shards. I am currently at 13.1k GET1 and am hoarding for G$. 68.4k has become my new zero. 80 zeta mats are the new zero. I am accruing the gear for him to be the new double and triple checked new zeros...

How am I ever going to purchase gear in that store? Or how am I going to use GET2 for anything other than ships? 105/145 for Negotiator? This game is no longer a game of Heroes but of Hoarding... absolutely infuriating.

My point is that, eve if they change the GET 1&2 situation, the problem still exists for any toon that has a long farm (essentially all of them) because a 5* g11 5dot mod toon is basically useless in most of the game, and will become less relevant as more events are released geared for relics, which means g13.

GET 1&2 are resources that can be managed, and anyone can always choose to spend a little on gear if they choose to, and risk "the next thing" that is put there.... some of us did that already.

We also dony know how those incomes will change over the next few (6 ish) months with LS GeoTB and a raid (which they have hinted at in the QA)

I'm not disagreeing that the current GET situation is not great, but I believe that will change to some extent as more things get added, the root problem will still exist due to the gated mods, gear and relics, regardless of any changes to GET.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    5* unlock is the reason I can't play with new shiny toy - GAS - as ge doesn't shine at all being 5* g11. And it's not resource management, it's BAD event type - event that makes players (who are Star Wars fans btw) unhappy and angry with devs.
    It's kinda point where we should ask Disney if they like to make SW fans angry. EA have failed every single SW game to the moment, also EA is most hated company in the industry. Maybe it's time for Disney to give franchise to better hands.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    Watch Ark Trooper get put on a Cantina Node that doesn't have Relic Signal Data... Mark my word

I hope so.....cantina is a quick easy farm
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    Options

Kyno,

My point is that, eve if they change the GET 1&2 situation, the problem still exists for any toon that has a long farm (essentially all of them) because a 5* g11 5dot mod toon is basically useless in most of the game, and will become less relevant as more events are released geared for relics, which means g13.

GET 1&2 are resources that can be managed, and anyone can always choose to spend a little on gear if they choose to, and risk "the next thing" that is put there.... some of us did that already.

We also dony know how those incomes will change over the next few (6 ish) months with LS GeoTB and a raid (which they have hinted at in the QA)

I'm not disagreeing that the current GET situation is not great, but I believe that will change to some extent as more things get added, the root problem will still exist due to the gated mods, gear and relics, regardless of any changes to GET.

Of course you will have nowadays allways a disadvantage with a 5☆ toon (no matter what kind of toon) against 7☆ relic 7 toons with 6dot mods.

That's okay for me btw (that relics got too early released after gear 13 is another topic).
    But that a legendary toon with unbelievable requirements doesn't unlock at 7☆ and iam not able to gear 13 and relic him, isnt! Considering the commit and resources I did spend on getting it.

And dont tell me get is manageable. Lol
    I got malak the first time around (sadly had no get saved, because never expected that this would be needed).

I didn't spend any get on anything, just 7☆ my malak and could save up again 35k get.
    Now I unlocked gas first time around and again have to wait a long time for 7☆ him, even worse those time because malak was usable at 5☆, gas far less.

Negotiator I just unlocked. I bet until the time malovalence hits the table, I wont have it 7☆ it yet.

If you call this manageable, well it isnt for me. Is it rewarding? Even less, its simply just annoying!

With this pace I could rather consider from now un unlocking legendaries on the second go, because I anyway wont have the get to max and to use them.

If many think so, this wont work out for cg in a good way. Strange strategy, that's why I initially posted here...
  • Options
    Absolutely no character that requires players to spend money to get the first time should be unlocked at 5 stars, that is a total greedy and sc$mbag move.
    Absolutely no character requires players to spend money to get the first time.

Also, how is it greedy when further progression is gated behind a currency that is literally unbuyable? Accusations of corporate greed have become a stand-in for, "I don't like it, therefore greed."

I'm not a fan of the GET gate, but it's a pacing mechanic. Not greed. It's literally insurmountable by pay, and can only be tied to money in the most tangential possible ways.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    This is the best post and needs repeated. I get no “wins” anymore with the way the game is currently structured, so I don’t feel like I “have” to keep playing. It’s the dopamine hit that Jacen mentions. We have to be able to make consistent progress somewhere or we fizzle out and die. Before it was, “spend money and make progress faster”, but we can’t do that with the GET currency. I had to either quit playing the game or change how I play, so I’m now hearing other squads instead of chasing, AND ITS (somewhat) FUN AGAIN. I’m able to make progress again. But it’s borderline meaningless and it’ll crash and burn eventually. Things must change or (here it is again) this game is over.
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    GET 1 and 2 are parts of the interrelated whole. There are two problems from my perspective.

1. 5* unlocks for hard to get characters SUCK. @CG_TopHat WE HATE 5* UNLOCKS. It takes all the joy away. It feels like a punishment. A several month grind likely supplemented by spending money is worth it to get the reward at the end. If the reward is another grind we get no good feeling. There is no dopamine hit.

If you want a creature with a dopaminergic reward system in their brain to repeat a behavior, then the reward needs to be close enough to the desired behavior for the brain to see a link between the two. If a dog does a trick, and you don’t give him the treat quickly then he will stop doing it. Not only is there no rewarding feeling, we actually feel like we did what you wanted, and got swatted on the nose with a newspaper instead of a treat.

We don’t need freebies. Make the event hard. Require panic farm characters. We should have to plan ahead, sacrifice, grind, pay, or some combination of that to get elite, new toons. When we do that though, GIVE US THE TREAT. Stop punishing us by giving us another grind. I’m one of the 6k that got G$ and I’ve never felt so sick of this game.

If you feel like there is too much currency in the economy figure out a different way to get rid of it. However...

2. Major problem two is that the economy has ground to a trickle. Too many progression systems have been dumped on us too quickly. I’m assuming you want people to get a reasonably regular dopamine hit from upgrading regular characters too. Not just the elite ones. Well nothing happens if they we aren’t actually making meaningful progress on characters, and gear 11/12 doesn’t feel like progress anymore. It’s still difficult to get there though.

In fact it’s even harder for some characters. 500 Kyrotechs being added to new characters SUCKS. Not only that but you lied to us, and insulted our intelligence by telling us that it was to make things better. That’s bull. You added those ON TOP of miserable gear tables, not instead of older gear that is still hard to get.

So gear progress has slowed drastically, and in that environment they made the choice to require 68,400 GET (enough for 28.5 fully crafted stun gun prototypes) for new characters people already spent months working for, and many paid hundreds to unlock. That is so clueless and tone deaf that I almost can’t believe it.

I really want the devs to make a great living for a long time making an enjoyable game. Right now it is far less fun for a bigger percentage of players than previously. There need to be gates, but right now it feels so hard that it’s disheartening. Relics are a gate and source of income. G13 and the 100 kyros needed there are a gate and a source of income. Even G12 and G12 plus are still too. Please make things better by:

1. NEVER EVER putting kyros in a gear table other than the 100 in g13 pieces.

2. Make epic characters 7* unlocks.

3. Loosen up a bit on anything below g12.

I don’t think any of that is unreasonable.

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I had to either quit playing the game or change how I play, so I’m now hearing other squads instead of chasing, AND ITS (somewhat) FUN AGAIN.

Can confirm. Once in a while I drop the grind and just gear up a "bad" squad and it's always way more enjoyable than chasing the New Hotness. I G13'd both Kylos and finally zeta'd KRU's unique and FO Stormtrooper last week, because I actually LIKE my First Order team, and it was way more satisfying than "ok that's 2 of the required zetas to make the new arena team function, 6 to go."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I had to either quit playing the game or change how I play, so I’m now hearing other squads instead of chasing, AND ITS (somewhat) FUN AGAIN.

Can confirm. Once in a while I drop the grind and just gear up a "bad" squad and it's always way more enjoyable than chasing the New Hotness. I G13'd both Kylos and finally zeta'd KRU's unique and FO Stormtrooper last week, because I actually LIKE my First Order team, and it was way more satisfying than "ok that's 2 of the required zetas to make the new arena team function, 6 to go."

You gonna enjoy the game playing by yourself?

Jar will be ready when episode 9 comes out. Ushering in the FO meta!
  • Options

My stormtrooper zeta nods in agreement lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Options
    JDK82 wrote: »

Kyno,

Of course you will have nowadays allways a disadvantage with a 5☆ toon (no matter what kind of toon) against 7☆ relic 7 toons with 6dot mods.

That's okay for me btw (that relics got too early released after gear 13 is another topic).
    But that a legendary toon with unbelievable requirements doesn't unlock at 7☆ and iam not able to gear 13 and relic him, isnt! Considering the commit and resources I did spend on getting it.

And dont tell me get is manageable. Lol
    I got malak the first time around (sadly had no get saved, because never expected that this would be needed).

I didn't spend any get on anything, just 7☆ my malak and could save up again 35k get.
    Now I unlocked gas first time around and again have to wait a long time for 7☆ him, even worse those time because malak was usable at 5☆, gas far less.

Negotiator I just unlocked. I bet until the time malovalence hits the table, I wont have it 7☆ it yet.

If you call this manageable, well it isnt for me. Is it rewarding? Even less, its simply just annoying!

With this pace I could rather consider from now un unlocking legendaries on the second go, because I anyway wont have the get to max and to use them.

If many think so, this wont work out for cg in a good way. Strange strategy, that's why I initially posted here...

GET can be managed, players got malak and GAS to 7* in a reasonable amount of time. Those who didnt manage their GET, didn't.

The problem with having toons on a long farm (longer than usual) has almost nothing to do with GET, because if the toon had a different source the problem of having a shiny paper weight would still be there.

This has nothing to do with legendaries, both of the toons released to that store are epic, not legendary. Not sure if you misspoke here.

As I said, GET will likely get a boost with LS Geo.

It seems like your issue is that you want gear and the toon, and that is what you need to manage, that has always been part of the game.

Edit to add: if toons were more useful while finishing off the grind to 7*, it wouldnt be so much of an issue.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't mind the GET2 grind for negotiator and malevolence since it was the same amount of grind for Hoda and Wampa when they first came out
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    CG is destroying the game by being greedy POS

Point of sale?