Squad change

So I have been running a team that others are now catching on to. I am a huge fan of diversity and well don't want to play the characters everyone else is. I am a big believer in every character being good if put in the right team.
For the last week or so I have seen post after post about Dooku as leader and RP. I had known that these were kinda hidden gems that (at least on my server) no one used. Now after the posts I am starting to see them more and more, had to go through 2 Dooku lead teams the reclaim my #1 spot last night. Lol I am greedy I guess and not a fan, so was thinking of changing, currently I run;

Dooku
RP
RG
Rey
Yoda

When I do this I am not sure what synergy to build around. Was kinda thinking an AoE team, counter or something else that I had not thought of yet. I was wondering if I get some synergy ideas (not characters) from those smarter than me.

Replies

• CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Well, no one ran Dooku teams because his level 6 leadership ability was broken and not giving the proper amount of dodge. So anyone who took his leadership beyond rank 5 was running a suboptimal leader ability. Also, people "tend to catch on" by trying teams that either get posted heavily in the forums or are included in patch notes (Dooku got a bug fix last patch).

Regarding synergies in teams: I believe that right now the AI plays most synergistic teams horribly, due to prioritizing abilities individually and not relative to team turn meter or synergy. I think the best underused team comps you could hope to try that work would be high hp AOE teams(is expensive and has poor defense), ewok teams(people are trying this now), Rebels(becoming more common and suboptimal in current meta), and possibly clone teams(only three clones and still some dead weight on the team). Obviously there is always a Jedi team, but that is so close to meta that it is probably no what you want to hear.

Most of the other ideas people tend to have (tanks, counters, heals) tend to fall flat due to poor AI priorities or poor damage to health ratios and trade offs.
    I've been toying with the idea of a full clone team with RG and Leia, relying on tm control and Leia burst (she is also the only glass cannon who can survive round one by herself).
  • Options
    @CookieCrispp thanks for the great reply, and I do know what your saying about the current AI control. However, I am not going to not run a certain team because of it. I think that the Dervs know about this and in the future they will fix and/or make it better. What I am currently thinking of is

Poe
    Yoda
    VS
    IG
    Kylo

My thinking is that Yoda can steal turn meter on the fastest high damaging character (Rey or GS as Leia will stealth first) which will give Poe time to taunt. Once taunt goes off I can get 4 AoE off hopefully before he dies. If so I win if not 3 of my AoE characters have good healing ability and with the defense changes being added into the game...
    I would really love to not run Poe, but I don't see another option for a slow team.