Fix your game and listen to your players

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited October 2019
What I find most shocking about this game lately is just how out of touch the development team is with its player base.
Even before the Malak fiasco the community has been crying out for an end to 5* unlocks from EC events. They’ve been crying out for an end to needing to hoard GET currency for the finishing shards of those characters.
The community has been crying out for a relief to the ever increasing gear bottleneck that the devs promised would be easier to get to G12 yet nothing.

You guys at CG need a serious reality check at this point. You’re doing nothing but making empty promises which is only going to further anger your players. You’re ignoring their suggestions on how to make them want to spend money on this game and continuing to do what you want even though players here on the forums, Q&A’s, Reddit, etc are telling you they want to see in this game.

So many former GC’s, bloggers and high profile players have told you how to maximize your profits while making the game better for everyone, kraken all the way to F2P. Yet you turn a blind eye and deaf ear.

You can never claim to care about your players anymore CG. Ever. You ignore us constantly, you refuse to admit your mistakes, constantly try and put positive spins on your Foul ups and consistently fail to live up to promises made to the community.

It’s a shame how far you guys have fallen since this game first came out.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Sure i agree with lots in the post but you're honestly kidding yourself if you think that you, the playerbase, or GCs know anything about how to help CG increase their profits
  • Options
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    Sure i agree with lots in the post but you're honestly kidding yourself if you think that you, the playerbase, or GCs know anything about how to help CG increase their profits

“Hey CG, if you did XYZ, I’d be willing to spend money on the game again”

“Profits increase from more people spending on the game again”
  • Options
    That's not really how business works man
  • Options

How do you figure though?

People are refusing to pay because CG is not fulfilling their promises, are releasing characters in methods that don’t benefit panic spending, and are ignoring the player base.

If they eased up the gear crunch with new challenge tiers to help with guns/cuffs/carbs (easing the gearing to G12 as they promised) then I personally would be willing to spend some money again.

If they stopped releasing EC characters at 5* then forcing a GET farm to finish them, which negates any need to spend for the first panic release, after toting GET as a way to get gear, I’m sure more krakens and whales would spend more to get these new toons.
  • Options
    EA just released their quarterly earnings and cited swgoh as having its "...second-biggest day ever."
    Sounds like they're doing pretty well to me.
  • Options
    EA just released their quarterly earnings and cited swgoh as having its "...second-biggest day ever."

Can you post that somewhere because I just read through the report and didn’t see that anywhere. They paid the most credit to platforms like FIFA and the Sims for their revenue as well as Fallen order coming up. Not to mention their reformed tax gains. But hey, I’m sure that this game hasn’t been hurt at all by the development team, financially, since the report ended on Sep.30.
  • Options
    You have no real data to suggest that "people are refusing to pay." In fact, them releasing their biggest 'galactic upgrade kit' would suggest to me that they're doing fine and getting bolder.

Sure I'm not a fan of them bringing out toons at 5* when theyre the hardest to get, I'll agree with you there. I have a GAS and cant do anything with him to merit what i had to do to get him.

You cannot speak for how whales, krakens, and any other player spends money. CG does however have to tools to monitor it and you can bet that optimizing that aspect is their number 1 priority, that's why i am saying that you're kidding yourself by thinking you know better.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Can you post that somewhere because I just read through the report and didn’t see that anywhere. They paid the most credit to platforms like FIFA and the Sims for their revenue as well as Fallen order coming up. Not to mention their reformed tax gains. But hey, I’m sure that this game hasn’t been hurt at all by the development team, financially, since the report ended on Sep.30.

I dont have the report but i have this

zl9h8uju8i0p.png
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    They made the most amount of money they ever did during relics.

They ain't finna listen fam
  • Options

Well i agree with op completely and what you mean how business work.A happy customer is more inclined to spend money than an unhappy one,i mean it cant be clearer than that.

Look how many players are jumping ship to cough cough new game,along with youtubers.

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options

Well i agree with op completely and what you mean how business work.A happy customer is more inclined to spend money than an unhappy one,i mean it cant be clearer than that.

Look how many players are jumping ship to cough cough new game,along with youtubers.

Check their analytics

Also Ahnald aka the only talented SWGOH creator is still on swgoh so we fine chief.
  • Options

zl9h8uju8i0p.png

Well that’s due to relic packs honestly. That’s their biggest date. If they showed the other dates I’m sure they’re probably lower or in line.
    I’m curious to see their data since Oct1
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I stopped paying money months ago and I dont regret it. I know my hundreds a year dont matter much but when I see packs on sale I figure they are hurting for money so I can take a little pride in not giving them any of mine anymore.

Plus, our guild just had its biggest group of people quit the game forever a few days back.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

zl9h8uju8i0p.png

Well that’s due to relic packs honestly. That’s their biggest date. If they showed the other dates I’m sure they’re probably lower or in line.

Yes, i agree. If they purposely didnt realease any money making content in a financial quarter then their numbers wouldnt look so good. So what?
  • AazarakhsH
    26 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    i really dont care anymore,i enjoying playing another online games with high support from their devs and very reasonable ingame purchase
    clock is ticking for completely quit
    when devs abandoned the game why i stick to a dead game?
  • Options

I beg to differ, the common denominator to any thriving business is being kind to your customers and they will return again and again, with the willing to spend more money because they enjoy your company or your service or what have you. If you continuously shun your customers and give them crappy service, you lose customers and money along with it. Besides the word of mouth that is spreading along reddit, YouTube etc... isn’t helping gain new customers.
  • Options
    This thread will mysteriously disappear in 3, 2, 1....

Why? Lol
  • Options

zl9h8uju8i0p.png

Yes, i agree. If they purposely didnt realease any money making content in a financial quarter then their numbers wouldnt look so good. So what?

The point is that if they actually fulfilled their promises and actually treated their player base better then their overall revenue would look much better as a whole. Eventually krakens will get tired of spending and leave if they’re spending on nothing. That’s the issue. You need the supplemented income from other players, even just guppies, to truly maximize your profits.

Look I spent close to $750 on this game in the first two years it was around and stopped when RJT first rolled through because of how much she cost and how insane I felt it was to spend hundreds of dollars on two useless characters for just RJT. Since then I think I’ve spent maybe....$50 in the two years since.
    If they would bring back the crystal subscription, fulfilled their promises about easing the gear grind, and stop the EC 5* releases then I’d actually want to spend on the game again. I know plenty of others that will to. Until then I’m content with stashing my crystals and gear and if I get the new shiny toy then great. If not then I’ll wait a second time around like I am with GAS.

TLDR: they are making some money now but could be making so much more if they got their act together
  • TVF
    36621 posts Member
    Options

Wow, a new game paid a bunch of shouting video makers to change games. That definitely proves the game is dying, versus the actual numbers showing it is doing quite well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Wow, a new game paid a bunch of shouting video makers to change games. That definitely proves the game is dying, versus the actual numbers showing it is doing quite well.

And your evidence they are paid to do so is?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

What do you think happens, when people click the link on their channels to install the game?
  • TVF
    36621 posts Member
    Options
    CLS wrote: »

Can we see what numbers you’re talking about?

Sure. Read this thread.
  • TVF
    36621 posts Member
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTMDrDs7eGQ

This plus common sense, of course.
  • Options
    There’s nothing wrong with people making money to promote a new game on their own YouTube channels. They aren’t even touting it as anything amazing after playing it themselves if that tells you enough.