Kyber league

Prev1
Why should getting into Kyber League (and getting the associated rewards, which are not being differentiated by division as we were originally told) be so much harder for division 1 and 2? If rewards are going to be the same across all divisions, points required to achieve each league should be the same across all divisions.
Yes. That will mean that division 1 and 2 will achieve kyber league in MUCH greater percentages than other leagues due to innately getting more points due to setting more defenses and attacking more teams. That is fair though since they are managing more characters and teams. They SHOULD get better chances at the best set of rewards.
I have more points than anyone in my guild by over 1400, but I am not in kyber league (going to miss it by 900, 1 win) while half a dozen people in lower leagues are in kyber league. In fact, there are people in kyber league with 6000 points less than me that are in kyber. That actually suggests ~4 rounds lost (since rank 1 d3 has 2000 points fewer than me and I'll assume that rank 1 person has not lost any rounds) and the ability to lose a 5th and still make kyber. I have only lost 2 rounds so far but it looks like I will lose this last round too for a total of 3 lost rounds which keeps me out of kyber. Those people in my guild in division 3 are going to get the best rewards while I have spent more time, and attacked more teams with less overall fail rates, and I am not in kyber league.

Why?

Replies

• Options
    Because you're winning battles, but you're not doing enough feats? What's your allycode?
  • Kerrigan
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I have done every feat so far. 685-134-321
  • Options
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I have done every feat so far.
    All of them, including the Arena runs? If you full clear and you do the feats, you're in kyber. That's how it's setup. If you pm me your allycode or something, I can show you my stats compared to yours.

• Options
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Because you're winning battles, but you're not doing enough feats? What's your allycode?
    That’s why he’s not getting Kyber despite winning 11/12. Not enough full clear wins.

His point stands though, there is more margin for error getting into Kyber below div 1/2. You actually require feats to achieve Kyber in div 1/2, as there’s not enough points from winning all 12 rounds with full perfect clears, 64 banners per win.

That is a nonsense.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    All of them, including the Arena runs? If you full clear and you do the feats, you're in kyber. That's how it's setup. If you pm me your allycode or something, I can show you my stats compared to yours.

What division are you in?
  • Options
    Why should getting into Kyber League (and getting the associated rewards, which are not being differentiated by division as we were originally told) be so much harder for division 1 and 2? If rewards are going to be the same across all divisions, points required to achieve each league should be the same across all divisions.

False. Promotion rewards are better for higher divisions...for the Kyber promotion and all the other league promotions.
    I have only lost 2 rounds so far but it looks like I will lose this last round too for a total of 3 lost rounds which keeps me out of kyber. Those people in my guild in division 3 are going to get the best rewards while I have spent more time, and attacked more teams with less overall fail rates, and I am not in kyber league.

Sorry, with 3 losses, you shouldn't be able to hit Kyber. That's 9 out of 12 wins, a 75% winning percentage. Not exactly a great accomplishment.

• Options

You’re obviously not in div1 or 2 from that statement.

Max points per round in div 1/2 is
    -720 for defence
    - 720 for clearing zones
    - 8x64 = 512 for perfect one man first time clears.
    - 1000 for winning

Never mind that being impossible to achieve, that makes the max possible score in div 1/2 12x1952 = 35,434. The Kyber cutoff is more than that. This is not the case in any of the other divisions.

So any win that doesn’t involve a full clear, or needs a few second attempts, drops you further away from Kyber and more and more feats are needed.

I’ve lost 3 rounds out of 12. I’ll finish around 900 short of Kyber for division 1 when I do remaining feats. People can reach Kyber easily below div 1/2 if they lose 3 rounds.
  • Options

False. Promotion rewards are better for higher divisions...for the Kyber promotion and all the other league promotions.
    I have only lost 2 rounds so far but it looks like I will lose this last round too for a total of 3 lost rounds which keeps me out of kyber. Those people in my guild in division 3 are going to get the best rewards while I have spent more time, and attacked more teams with less overall fail rates, and I am not in kyber league.

Sorry, with 3 losses, you shouldn't be able to hit Kyber. That's 9 out of 12 wins, a 75% winning percentage. Not exactly a great accomplishment.

But it’s plenty good enough in div 3 and below. It shouldn’t be good enough in any division, but it is for some and not for others.
  • Kerrigan
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Umm... I'm looking at the rewards right now...
    Kyber d1 rank 1: 5500 tokens 1.8M credits, requires 35500 to get to kyber.
    Kyber d2 rank 1: 5500 tokens 1.8M credits, requires 35500 to get to kyber (I'm at 34513)
    Kyber d3 rank 1: 5500 tokens 1.8M credits, requires 28500 to get to kyber.
    Kyber d4 rank 1: 5500 tokens 1.8M credits, requires 28500 to get to kyber.
    Kyber d5 rank 1: 5500 tokens 1.8M credits, requires 25000 to get to kyber.

I could go on...

As for the losses... In lower divisions, I have already mentioned (in my first post) that several in my own guild have worse loss ratios than me but are still in kyber in their division. Why am I not getting rewards as good as theirs when I have better ratios?
  • Options

Kyber d2 rank 1: 5500 tokens 1.8M credits, requires 35500 to get to kyber (I'm at 34513)

I could go on...

As for the losses. In lower divisions, I have already shown that several in my own guild have worse loss ratios than me but are still in kyber in their division.
    He’s referring to the rewards you get when you PROMOTE to Kyber, and he is correct about that. A div1 reward box for promoting to Kyber is better than that for lower divisions.

Here’s the rewards for div 1 promotion:
    jildbvco5awy.png

But that’s hardly relevant if it’s much harder to obtain. A better reward box that you can’t obtain isn’t really better.
  • Kerrigan
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

I could go on...

As for the losses. In lower divisions, I have already shown that several in my own guild have worse loss ratios than me but are still in kyber in their division.
    He’s referring to the rewards you get when you PROMOTE to Kyber, and he is correct about that. A div1 reward box for promoting to Kyber is better than that for lower divisions.

Here’s the rewards for div 1 promotion:
    jildbvco5awy.png

But that’s hardly relevant if it’s much harder to obtain. A better reward box that you can’t obtain isn’t really better.

Ah. Ok, I stand (slightly) corrected. The only difference I see between d2 and d1 box is the mk 6 fusion furnaces, helpful but not the major gear crunch item needed by all... The numbers and items for everything else looks the same. I would guess that each division gets a new item, but the numbers stay the same across all divisions?
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the only difference between divisions is the salvage number, but every division gets same number of crystals, zeta, omegas, GET i think

been a while since i saw the differences
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Division 1 and 2 players can potentially score 24 x (90 + 64 + 30) = 4416 points more than division 3 players from defenses, combats and zone clearing. Furthermore, they have slightly easier access to completing some of the feats. So, no, you shouldn't rank in a higher league than your guild mates, just because you score higher. You won only 9 / 12 rounds. There's nothing wrong with your aurodium league rank.

Yes, it's harder to reach Khyber in divisions 1 and 2. Only CG can answer why it's that way. However, part of the reason could be, that the rewards for league promotion is also greater in divisions 1 and 2.
  • Options
    Again... there are people in kyber in my guild that have won 7/11 so far and are already in kyber in their division. They can literally sit this round out and still make kyber.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    icanectc wrote: »

What is this college football.... You shouldn't need to go 100% with zero losses and full clears to be kyber that's crazy. If you have an above average win / loss ratio that should be enough with feats...

Some people go freaking nuts on defense. That shouldn't penalize players because some butt head decided to set defenses that are absurd.

Why should above average be good enough to reach the highest league? There are 5 leagues, shouldn't you have to be in the top 20% to get to kyber?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »

What is this college football.... You shouldn't need to go 100% with zero losses and full clears to be kyber that's crazy. If you have an above average win / loss ratio that should be enough with feats...

Some people go freaking nuts on defense. That shouldn't penalize players because some butt head decided to set defenses that are absurd.

Why should above average be good enough to reach the highest league? There are 5 leagues, shouldn't you have to be in the top 20% to get to kyber?

Im pretty sure i answered your question...

Obviously I disagree.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Im pretty sure i answered your question...

Obviously I disagree.
    You can disagree with what i said; but i certainly provided anecdotal evidence supporting why i think above average win loss rate with feats should be good enough to earn kyber, like it is in other divisions... And I'll add another point because higher gp makes it all the more difficult means a larger room for error should be acceptable.

Just my opinion but i did back up my opinion with reasons... Again you can disagree but i certainly answered your question before you even asked it.

The fact that there's a discrepancy between the divisions doesn't answer the question of which direction the discrepancy should be resolved. It may well be that it's too easy to get there in lower divisions rather than too hard in d1/2.

I'm not sure where you provided any evidence about anything, anecdotal or otherwise, in this thread. Are you referring to the statement "some people go freaking nuts on defense" as "anecdotal evidence"?

There's a huge difference between "need to go 100% with zero losses and full clears" and "above average win / loss ratio."
  • Options
    Catchup mechanic
  • Mercury88
    103 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

You’re obviously not in div1 or 2 from that statement.

Max points per round in div 1/2 is
    -720 for defence
    - 720 for clearing zones
    - 8x64 = 512 for perfect one man first time clears.
    - 1000 for winning

Never mind that being impossible to achieve, that makes the max possible score in div 1/2 12x1952 = 35,434. The Kyber cutoff is more than that. This is not the case in any of the other divisions.

So any win that doesn’t involve a full clear, or needs a few second attempts, drops you further away from Kyber and more and more feats are needed.

I’ve lost 3 rounds out of 12. I’ll finish around 900 short of Kyber for division 1 when I do remaining feats. People can reach Kyber easily below div 1/2 if they lose 3 rounds.

You're forgetting the 1000 per win in that calculations. Which means if full cleared with max banners 12 times, only needs 1 win then.

Edit: nvm, you added that 12000 in without mentioning it
  • Kerrigan
    54 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I just did the math for d3.

Attack banners
    64*6 = 384
    Defense setting
    90*6 = 540
    Zone clears
    (180+150)*2 = 660
    Win
    Total
    384 + 540 + 660 + 1000 = 2584
    12*2464 = 31008
    Kyber for d3 is at 28500.

Now if you go for 60 banner wins you get 360 instead of 384 putting you at 29280. Full clears with no feats in d3 gets you to kyber. Not only does that get you to kyber, but you can even lose 2 rounds and still get kyber easily without doing any feats.

Full clears + wins and no feats for d2 and d1 do NOT get you to kyber. (The math is earlier in the thread, clears + wins nets 35424, kyber at 35500). Feats are REQUIRED for d1 and d2 to get to kyber...
  • Options

Full clears + wins and no feats for d2 and d1 do NOT get you to kyber. (The math is earlier in the thread, clears + wins nets 35424, kyber at 35500). Feats are REQUIRED for d1 and d2 to get to kyber...

If you are doing full clears and scoring 64 on each battle (or 60), you are also getting feats by default and therefore Kyber in Div 1, 2, or 3.
  • Options
    I’m in Div 2 and just made Kyber. I’m going to be 10-2 (having lost this last match). I completed most but not all feats and still have 2 left to get (the arenas).

Most players I play against go heavy on defense which is probably why most winning players are not making kyber.

It’s tough to make it, but certainly not impossible. I do agree, however, that each division should be equivalent in making kyber.
  • Balthasar666
    254 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Corpus wrote: »

If you are doing full clears and scoring 64 on each battle (or 60), you are also getting feats by default and therefore Kyber in Div 1, 2, or 3.

and you get banned for cheating after that aswell ;)

i mean it is obv that the higher your gp goes the lower the chances are you will end up in kyber
    in div 1 there are like 3 people out of the top 10 that are slightly above 5 m gp
    everyone else is below 5 m

its not hard to understand why no 6m gp whales end up in those top spots
    and its not because they just throw money and have no idea how to play the game

so basically the high gp whales are getting a kick in the **** for investing money
    only fighting the same enemies over and over again where only mods make a difference because everyone has the teams maxed

there are no lazy 63 points nest vs ewoks battles in that gp range

so that combined with the way higher requirements for kyber compared to div 3 and below doesnt sound like the whole ranking system makes any sense

and lets be honest
    getting to kyber below div 2 isnt even something special
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Again... there are people in kyber in my guild that have won 7/11 so far and are already in kyber in their division. They can literally sit this round out and still make kyber.

Again:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Yes, it's harder to reach Khyber in divisions 1 and 2. Only CG can answer why it's that way. However, part of the reason could be, that the rewards for league promotion is also greater in divisions 1 and 2.

Maybe CG just want newer accounts to have easier access to rewards, to help them through to the end game.

Again:
    You won only 9 / 12 rounds. There's nothing wrong with your aurodium league rank.

Loosing 3 rounds as an end game player should not reward you with promotion to Kyber league. Reaching Kyber league should be a sign of very good performance - not just above average performance.
  • Options

Yep, people do. Because matchmaking isn't handled "fairly" to them and they don't want to even try. That doesn't nullify what I've said. I've never missed a Kyber.... That's what it takes. Full clear everything, nope, full clear nearly everything, yeah. Winning helps too.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Loosing 3 rounds as an end game player should not reward you with promotion to Kyber league. Reaching Kyber league should be a sign of very good performance - not just above average performance.

Exactly. With relics, they need to add more divisions in the top end

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Exactly. With relics, they need to add more divisions in the top end

With Relics? What's the connection here? Please explain.

Even if splitting the top divisions into 10 more, 3 losses should not reward you with a place in Khyber league. Yes, 9/12 wins is quite good, but nowhere near a top performance.