Angry for a reason (GAC)

2Next

Replies

• Options
    Yeah ur upset about a alt account which compromises 99% of Ga participation.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Valeran wrote: »
    Gentlemen, thank you for your comments on this topic!

I see some folks telling me to accept rules. I can't recall where I said anything about rules. I'm completely fine with everything in GAC, like I said, I like this game mode and improve myself PVP-wise. Since championships are on, I humbly lost altogether 10-12 matches and won all the others, even against stronger opponents.

Just for you to understand my case, I highlight one thing: fairness! Take a look at the word "tie" or "draw" in the dictionary. I believe the developers didn't because in this case the result is equal and can't be decided. It's not so hard to award both players with a rightful 500-500 points. In this case, whales should be angry for being careless not the other way! Despite this, I'm still proud that I hold ground against my opponents.

Underdogs deserve more respect!

Assuming you are automatically the underdog because you have lower gp and thus more deserving of being the winner of a tie is what I objected to.

Not breaking the tie and dividing the points is a good idea in terms of championship banners. But how will it apply to round rewards? Any solution to that complicates the currently super simple scheme. Assume a tie kept as is in any of the 3 matches, then figure out who they will get matched with in their pool. And 4 tiers of round prizes breaks down as well.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If the system would give 500-500 points in case of a Draw I would be in Kyber now and not complaining here. I am absolutely sure that I am not alone with this!
    From now on, you made me not care about GAC anymore unless you fix this mess!

... and if you had been the one with higher GP, won the tie and ended in Kyber, you probably wouldn't have posted about any unfairness or felt that it was messy.

(Yes, I've lost a tie in the previous GAC. No, I'm not with you on the complaining.)
    I don't care who is F2P and who is Whale, whoever you throw at me I'll fight and the least you can do is to give credit to those who stand ground against a formidable opponent instead of shaming them! Start thinking.

Why should the less prepaired player have credit? Come prepared next time.

• Options
    Let's take a look at my previous match. I am in Division 3 with 3,6m GP, I got an enemy from Divison 2 with 3,9m GP, therefore, I was the underdog here. Despite the impossible I still managed to get a tie with 1067 - 1067 and yet he proved to be victorious just for having more GP. This is absolute unfairness and this is where I want to kindly highlight a message to the developers.

Why would that make you the underdog? Match-ups are based upon top 80....not overall GP. Who had the higher amount for their top 80? Who had the mod advantage? Did either side have an advantage in meta teams? To simply say, Player A had more overall GP (which includes the completely irrelevant ship GP) than Player B means nothing.....nobody that knows what they are doing just looks at someone's overall GP to determine how good their roster actually is. Also, how were you matched up with someone from a different division? They got rid of cross-division matches. You need to report that as a bug if the guy was actually in Division 2. Are you sure his GP before the GAC locked 4 weeks ago wasn't below 3.8 mil and he was actually in Division 3?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    If the system would give 500-500 points in case of a Draw I would be in Kyber now and not complaining here. I am absolutely sure that I am not alone with this!

... and if you had been the one with higher GP, won the tie and ended in Kyber, you probably wouldn't have posted about any unfairness or felt that it was messy.

(Yes, I've lost a tie in the previous GAC. No, I'm not with you on the complaining.)
    I don't care who is F2P and who is Whale, whoever you throw at me I'll fight and the least you can do is to give credit to those who stand ground against a formidable opponent instead of shaming them! Start thinking.

Nope, you don't understand what I mean. Did you think through what you just wrote? "Won the tie" - how do you win a tie where the winner cannot be declared? This higher GP nonsense was introduced by the developers as they feel physical pain when it comes to balance or "tie" and must make someone a winner.

If the rewards were served as 500-500 points when it comes to a tie would be the most logical and fair solution. I can't even understand why they can't implement this in the game.

Like I said, I don't care who my enemy is and if you think it through, if I'm not prepared I would easily lose to a stronger opponent and not manage to hold him up with 1067 - 1067 score.

• Options
    Let's take a look at my previous match. I am in Division 3 with 3,6m GP, I got an enemy from Divison 2 with 3,9m GP, therefore, I was the underdog here. Despite the impossible I still managed to get a tie with 1067 - 1067 and yet he proved to be victorious just for having more GP. This is absolute unfairness and this is where I want to kindly highlight a message to the developers.

Why would that make you the underdog? Match-ups are based upon top 80....not overall GP. Who had the higher amount for their top 80? Who had the mod advantage? Did either side have an advantage in meta teams? To simply say, Player A had more overall GP (which includes the completely irrelevant ship GP) than Player B means nothing.....nobody that knows what they are doing just looks at someone's overall GP to determine how good their roster actually is. Also, how were you matched up with someone from a different division? They got rid of cross-division matches. You need to report that as a bug if the guy was actually in Division 2. Are you sure his GP before the GAC locked 4 weeks ago wasn't below 3.8 mil and he was actually in Division 3?

I just began reading about this system. I don't know how much his GP was as this was before the very last match of GAC. At that time when I checked his profile once I got him as an opponent he had 3,9 million GP, and compared to mine 200k GP+ for characters. I don't think he could've gain so much GP in a short time.

I don't have any kind of evidence, therefore, reporting this as a bug would fail.
  • Options
    GP is completely unrelated to performance in GA. The vast majority of difference in GP is sitting in sidelined Ugnaughts, tusken raiders, Mace Windoos, and other characters accumulated over time that serve zero purpose in the game.

If there's a tie, why not give it to the guy with more random unused characters?
  • Options
    Your opponent was still in your division. They're gp is locked at the beginning of gac and at some point they broke the gp threshold. But they won't advance to d2 until next gac.
  • Options

Nope, you don't understand what I mean. Did you think through what you just wrote? "Won the tie" - how do you win a tie where the winner cannot be declared? This higher GP nonsense was introduced by the developers as they feel physical pain when it comes to balance or "tie" and must make someone a winner.

If the rewards were served as 500-500 points when it comes to a tie would be the most logical and fair solution. I can't even understand why they can't implement this in the game.

Like I said, I don't care who my enemy is and if you think it through, if I'm not prepared I would easily lose to a stronger opponent and not manage to hold him up with 1067 - 1067 score.

In sport competitions it's very common that a winner must be determined in the event of ties. You may find that sometimes such a winner can be decided by a yellow card, or even coin flip. So maybe your logic was just overshadowed by your anger lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

Nope, you don't understand what I mean. Did you think through what you just wrote? "Won the tie" - how do you win a tie where the winner cannot be declared?

Are you aware how tiebreakers work? Points are tied, but the tiebreaker decides a winner and a loser. That's how you win a tie.
    This higher GP nonsense was introduced by the developers as they feel physical pain when it comes to balance or "tie" and must make someone a winner.

I doubt they implemented it for the well being of the developers. They implemented it for consistency with how ranks and matchmaking in rounds 2 and 3 works.
    If the rewards were served as 500-500 points when it comes to a tie would be the most logical and fair solution.

How is this logical, when a winner was found? Points don't decide your reward. It's decided by whether you win or lose.
    . I can't even understand why they can't implement this in the game.

They can implement anything. They simply chose not to, when designing the GAC.

Your opponent was apparently better prepared.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

[...] At that time when I checked his profile once I got him as an opponent he had 3,9 million GP, and compared to mine 200k GP+ for characters. I don't think he could've gain so much GP in a short time.

Unlocking Negotiator would be 45-50k alone. Unlocking Emperor's shuttle, promoting/training the Droid ship would also be huge increases in GP.

Disregarding that:
    There's no cross-division matchmaking. At roster lock, you were in the same division.

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I gave up on GAC from the get go
    Rampant cheating
    No transparency
    I set def and forget about it
    Collect whatever and move on

Data on rampant cheating?

I won 11/12 matches last GAC and lost to a guy who had much better mods. Cheating has been eliminated.

You can lose 2, maybe 3, matches in Div 3 and still hit Kyber as long as you efficiently clear your opponent; I've done it. You can also lose 1 match and narrowly make Kyber if you don't full clear everyone. What was your record this GAC? How many opponents did you full clear?

Not super relevant to the thread but I feel it worth mentioning that for the easier division 3, I am living proof that Kyber is possible with a record of 7-5. Need to full clear every match and only leave a small handful of feats undone. Obviously this is kind of a shamefully accepted promotion but just want it to be out there that not all is lost if you're on a clear streak but catch some bad matchmaking luck. Focus on clears and feats and it's possible!
  • Options
    Gents, I've seen some great comments here actually thinking about this matter so thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Overall, I don't believe any changes will be done and this "tiebreaker" method won't be taken out no matter how bad I (and other people) disagree with it, we got to love what we have.

Next time will be better.

Good luck for everyone!
  • Options
    I'm with you OP. Coming close sucks, and Div 3 is much easier than Div 1/2 in reaching kyber. I think in the case of a tie spitting round rewards would be fair and either give the win to one of the players randomly (50/50 chance using RNG), or give neither player the win and neither gets first place rewards for that week. Best either can do is 2 wins. That way players with the tie breaker win condition (higher gp) won't be ok accepting a tie knowing it means a win. I think a simple RNG coin flip would be the most fair.