October/November 2019 Revenue

Prev134
No_Try
4051 posts Member
edited December 2019
In between the crazy amount of outcry recently, this is how the game has done last month.

13x21t8c8b5m.png
k7bllaplkwmu.png

The person putting down all the data of game's lifetime on reddit doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. I think previous month was a 7m$ total.

Edit: Sep 2019 is 13m$ total.
Post edited by No_Try on

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    For comparison (missing the last few months)

naxrjarhnxcz.jpg

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    So 13m would be the total, correct? Apple + Google?

Nm, the graph makes that obvious :smile:
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    THE GAME IS DYING
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Options
    So the vocal minority doesn't represent the silent majority? Shocking
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    On google play store, they went from #2 top grossing to #9. I suspect the trend will continue.

I'm not sure a relative comparison is as important as making 13M a month after almost 4yrs.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    I hope when I start dying I can 13 million a month
  • Options
    Well a big part of that money is from whales who spent for relics to get more stars in tb and to get a 5 star skywalker they cant use for months

Maybe the same guys wont spend that much in the future if they think they don't get usable "value" for their investment

But the truth might just be that they pay whatever anyways
    And to compensate the income loss from some raging whales cg will just up the bar for events even more because they pay whatever

And with relics being such a success for a reason that I cant understand we can all look forward to a relic level increase in before the next big event and maybe new mod levels

So after all cg ups their income but is it really "good" for anyone at the end?
    We will know in a while ;)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Well a big part of that money is from whales who spent for relics to get more stars in tb and to get a 5 star skywalker they cant use for months

Maybe the same guys wont spend that much in the future if they think they don't get usable "value" for their investment

And to compensate the income loss from some raging whales cg will just up the bar for events even more because they pay whatever

And with relics being such a success for a reason that I cant understand we can all look forward to a relic level increase in before the next big event and maybe new mod levels

Do you know what the bottom line means?

It means nothing you said matters.
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Agreed, as long as the moves to increase said bottom line don't cause the game to fade away. 13m is nuts, but if that cuts down the remaining lifespan by a few months was it worth it? We shall see
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »

Agreed, as long as the moves to increase said bottom line don't cause the game to fade away. 13m is nuts, but if that cuts down the remaining lifespan by a few months was it worth it? We shall see

They've been up and down a bit, and 13M looks to be like one of the better months.

There have been several times that ppl have claimed something new would end the game, but it hasn't happened yet.

Yes, IF it shortens the lifespan there may be an opportunity cost, but there is literally 0 evidence to support that outside of whiners on the internet.

I'm not a fan of relic (esp so soon after g13), or a few other aspects of the game, however I can't argue with numbers like $13,000,000.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    In between the crazy amount of outcry recently, this is how the game has done last month.

13x21t8c8b5m.png
    k7bllaplkwmu.png

The person putting down all the data of game's lifetime on reddit doesn't seem to be doing it anymore. I think previous month was a 7m$ total.

What do "visibility" and "internationalization" even mean? Something like, how well they are marketing themselves and expanding? If you know what these terms mean exactly, could you explain please?
  • Options
    As long as people are willing to spend 10K to maintain $5 worth of crystals a day.. this game will thrive
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

13x21t8c8b5m.png
    k7bllaplkwmu.png

What do "visibility" and "internationalization" even mean? Something like, how well they are marketing themselves and expanding? If you know what these terms mean exactly, could you explain please?

You can check -sensor tower-. Don't know the other one.

"Visibility Score is our proprietary measure of how visible an app is in keyword searches and chart rankings for a particular country. There are several other inputs that are also included in the calculation, but search and chart rankings are the primary components. "
  • Options
    Of course October is a huge financial month for EA, with all the packs they've been pushing at us lately at inflated prices. People keep acting like CG is clueless, ignoring the fact that CG is in fact EA, the most successful games marketing company on the planet. They know their finance. So even though EA's Sacramento department manages to **** up the Malak event and what not, it's not surprising at all to see that this month has been a good one financially. The longevity of the game seems to be less important to them now however, with all the blatant cash grabs lately. Also might mention that even if that is detrimental to the game, and may ultimately contribute to "killing it", it won't exactly happen overnight in any case. A game like this doesn't just die. It'll be a slow painful death if anything. Which I'm still not sure has started.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    On google play store, they went from #2 top grossing to #9. I suspect the trend will continue.

What's the time interval?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I do love me some forum logic.
    The only logical conclusion to the game still being financially succesfull is that the game is dying/sacrificing longevity.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I like randomly walking into situations and knowing all the stuff about a topic because of my magical, illogical, egocentric paradigm
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    As long as people are willing to spend 10K to maintain $5 worth of crystals a day.. this game will thrive

seems legit...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options

Quite possibly the best post ever on this forum
  • Options
    Jack1210 wrote: »

They've been up and down a bit, and 13M looks to be like one of the better months.

There have been several times that ppl have claimed something new would end the game, but it hasn't happened yet.

Yes, IF it shortens the lifespan there may be an opportunity cost, but there is literally 0 evidence to support that outside of whiners on the internet.

I'm not a fan of relic (esp so soon after g13), or a few other aspects of the game, however I can't argue with numbers like $13,000,000.

Ya they're obviously happy, and the bad part is we won't know the opportunity cost until after it dies... I really hope they find a way to balance longevity/player happiness and still rake in the money. They should be able to, in the coming months still produce a huge money-maker (Ep 9, Mandalorian, then next year with Obi Wan's show) but also focus on all the fixes that are apparent. One can hope
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone go crazy again if they already did though?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Of course, it's like going to sleep. I often go to sleep multiple times in 1 day. My mind just needs rest so it goes to sleep, sometimes while I am still awake.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

There are definitely levels of crazy if I'm not mistaken. It's a great thing my daughter is a psychology major. Maybe she can help Dad out.

But anyways, congrats CG on the revenue for October. Hopefully you can use this to bring us more enjoyable things to do in game. ✌️

Remember that when you express yourself you should use statements like "I feel..."

I feel that the revenue was very solid, if accurate, and with guidance from his friends TVF can make some great decisions that will potentially be great. I heard he wants to introduce characters based on the Ewok movies. That should be very popular.