CT-6116 "Kix" Fan Kit

DarthVeritlyn
704 posts Member
edited November 2019
0qanxcxg0kiq.jpg

Unit Name: CT-6116 "Kix"
Description: Careful Clone healer that heals and buffs Clone Trooper and 501st allies while evading the enemy.

Tags: Light Side, Healer, 501st, Clone Trooper, Galactic Republic

Basic: Surgical Shot: Deal physical damage to target opponent with a 25% chance to go into stealth until next turn.

Special 1: Patch The Wounded: Heal target 501st or Clone Trooper ally up to 30% of their maximum health. If target is a 501st Clone Trooper give them foresight and defense up for two turns. (Cooldown 3)

Special 2: Battlefield Surgeon: Kix revives one defeated 501st Clone Trooper ally (excluding CT-5555 "Fives") to 50% of their starting maximum health and 25% of their starting maximum protection. Other 501st or Clone Trooper allies are healed by 45% if an ally is not revived. (Starts on cooldown of 5)

Unique: Do No Harm: Whenever a 501st or Clone Trooper ally is defeated (Including Kix) all Galactic Republic allies gain 50% protection and 50% turn meter. If all allies are 501st this effect is increased to 100% protection. (ZETA: When a 501st or Clone Trooper ally's taunt expires Kix will stealth himself for three turns.)
Post edited by DarthVeritlyn on

Replies

• Ichiraikou
    758 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Like the kit. It's fairly simple but effective. I think the 2nd special needs an upgrade thou, cause only 15% health recovery when no one is revived is quite low. Especially at that cooldown. But what I'm most concerned with is his actual usefulness in the game. Lets look at 3 scenario's: Full 501st clone squad, Shaak and GAS.
    In a full 501st clone team he is extremely useful. He is the only character that can revive or even heal among the 501st clones so that will make that team pretty good.
    Under a Shaak Ti lead his usefulness goed down a bit, as she just has much more burst and consistent healing for clones than Kix. The buffs and revives are still useful, but since he can only revive, heal and stealth 501st or clone allies, Shaak Ti is quite vulnerable. This could potentially bite you back but overall still okay.

The real problem comes once someone unlocks GAS. Because Kix usefulness hits practically rock bottom at this point. Due to GAS lead, allies can't be revived. So that ability only has the below average healing left in this team. But since allies can't lose health while GAS has advanced his healing wont be of any use either until GAS goed into cover. But by that point allies will drop fast, since they will have lost their protection, and again, can't be revived due to GAS lead. The healing is useful in between Cover and Advance, but allies still drop like flies during those periods so just having an attacker to kill enemies faster will probably give more survivability.
    Meanwhile Shaak Ti will have Cody and Clone Trooper- phase 1 left as allies, neither of which are 501. So Kix's kit doesn't work much there either. Some usefulness from Shaak Ti yes, but he himself doesn't give much to really help that team out.
    I do have an idea thou to increase his usefulness (aside from buffing special 2 on non revive scenario). What the GAS team lacks is protection recovery. This I find important as Fives unique zeta (Tactical Awareness) increases his allies Max Protection when he is defeated. But since they are almost always already at 0% protection this is mostly useless. So I have this idea for a unique ability (don't have a name yet thou):
    (unique)
    Whenever a 501 Clone Trooper ally is defeated, cleanse all debuffs from all 501 Clone allies, recover 100% of their Protection and grant them 50% Turn Meter. This also triggers when Kix is defeated.
    This way the max protection increase from fives is pretty dang useful and it becomes much harder to kill multiple allies during Cover. Thou since it is a unique you might want to make it so only Kix can gain Stealth. (maybe gain stealth when a 501 ally loses taunt?) Thou this is just an idea.

Still like the kit. Just worried for it's usefulness.
    Post edited by Ichiraikou on
  • Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Like the kit. It's fairly simple but effective. I think the 2nd special needs an upgrade thou, cause only 15% health recovery when no one is revived is quite low. Especially at that cooldown. But what I'm most concerned with is his actual usefulness in the game. Lets look at 3 scenario's: Full 501st clone squad, Shaak and GAS.
    In a full 501st clone team he is extremely useful. He is the only character that can revive or even heal among the 501st clones so that will make that team pretty good.
    Under a Shaak Ti lead his usefulness goed down a bit, as she just has much more burst and consistent healing for clones than Kix. The buffs and revives are still useful, but since he can only revive, heal and stealth 501st or clone allies, Shaak Ti is quite vulnerable. This could potentially bite you back but overall still okay.

The real problem comes once someone unlocks GAS. Because Kix usefulness hits practically rock bottom at this point. Due to GAS lead, allies can't be revived. So that ability only has the below average healing left in this team. But since allies can't lose health while GAS has advanced his healing wont be of any use either until GAS goed into cover. But by that point allies will drop fast, since they will have lost their protection, and again, can't be revived due to GAS lead. The healing is useful in between Cover and Advance, but allies still drop like flies during those periods so just having an attacker to kill enemies faster will probably give more survivability.
    Meanwhile Shaak Ti will have Cody and Clone Trooper- phase 1 left as allies, neither of which are 501. So Kix's kit doesn't work much there either. Some usefulness from Shaak Ti yes, but he himself doesn't give much to really help that team out.
    I do have an idea thou to increase his usefulness (aside from buffing special 2 on non revive scenario). What the GAS team lacks is protection recovery. This I find important as Fives unique zeta (Tactical Awareness) increases his allies Max Protection when he is defeated. But since they are almost always already at 0% protection this is mostly useless. So I have this idea for a unique ability (don't have a name yet thou):
    (unique)
    Whenever a 501 Clone Trooper ally is defeated, cleanse all debuffs from all 501 Clone allies, recover 100% of their Protection and grant them 50% Turn Meter. This also triggers when Kix is defeated.
    This way the max protection increase from fives is pretty dang useful and it becomes much harder to kill multiple allies during Cover. Thou since it is a unique you might want to make it so only Kix can gain Stealth. (maybe gain stealth when a 501 ally loses taunt?) Thou this is just an idea.

That makes sense to me, and this kit was based on me brainstorming for a 501st trooper to make a full 5 man 501st Clone Trooper team for those without GAS. I think you're right though that the kit needs a bit more to truly become useful with Shaak Ti though. Thanks for the critique.
  • Options

(unique)

That makes sense to me, and this kit was based on me brainstorming for a 501st trooper to make a full 5 man 501st Clone Trooper team for those without GAS. I think you're right though that the kit needs a bit more to truly become useful with Shaak Ti though. Thanks for the critique.

That does explain quite a lot yes. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
  • DarthVeritlyn
    704 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I think the new unique should take care of both the GAS issue and Shaak Ti issue
  • Options
    I think the new unique should take care of both the GAS issue and Shaak Ti issue

Nice. Read the changes. They look great. I think the zeta should grant him stealth when the taunt expires on a Clone or 501 ally, not when they gain taunt but that'all. I can't think of anything else in this kit that bothers me, both from a kit and personal perspective. Absolutely fantastic.
  • Options

Nice. Read the changes. They look great. I think the zeta should grant him stealth when the taunt expires on a Clone or 501 ally, not when they gain taunt but that'all. I can't think of anything else in this kit that bothers me, both from a kit and personal perspective. Absolutely fantastic.

Awesome!