Falling further and further behind

Replies

• Options
    No_Try wrote: »
    Not sure I'm following, what other crystal income source besides tb? We would need daily malak event failures for anything to come close xD
    Since I've joined the game:

Daily activity crystals were increased.
    The daily box was added.
    Calendar rewards were upgraded.
    Territory battle was added with crystal rewards.
    Another territory battle was added with higher crystal rewards.
    Another territory battle was added with higher crystal rewards.
    Grand Arena was added with crystal rewards.
    Galactic bounties were added with crystal rewards.

All told, if you can consistently make Aurodium (not hard) and you're in a guild that can swing twelve stars in Geonosis TB (not unreasonable), then you're pulling down about 150 crystals per day on average before considering either arena. That's a substantially larger portion of daily crystals than it once was.

We've also gotten a bunch of resources coming in that aren't tied to crystals or arena, reducing the portion of resource income that's directly crystal-related.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    I spent $60 3 years ago and quit. I've never climbed higher since recent. Finished rank 38 tonight, with my CLS team none-the-less.
  • Options
    I spent $60 3 years ago and quit. I've never climbed higher since recent. Finished rank 38 tonight, with my CLS team none-the-less.

All hail buggy multi tapping Chewie!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Whale harder!!
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »

All hail buggy multi tapping Chewie!

I really don't think it is the 2nd tap killing nasty basty for me
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't think it is the 2nd tap killing nasty basty for me

Don't you call my waifu nasty again!
    uhhbidpeldjv.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    <insert Peanuts teacher sounds here>
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    Whether you like it or not, that is the nature of the development of the game, you want to get good characters, you work on worse ones, it's a ladder, otherwise by now someone could join and farm CLS as their first character. Raid Han has been made more available over the years slightly, as I suspect other raid characters might be, but event characters are accessed through events, that is the purpose of them. They are F2P accessible through time farming, not time waiting for them to be given to you. And that is as someone who is free to play.

Okay great. so please enlighten me. Which event/farm tree do I need to acquire Revan? How about Kenobi? Skywalker? Jedi Rey? Because those are the squads that beat me consistently. Sure there's the ridiculous unbalanced teams like the unkillable regenerating night sisters or bounty hunters, but I mean the real Star Wars characters. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »

Sorry but fleet arena relies heavily on good mods

Respectfully disagree. Pilots mods don't care about the stats, they care that they are gold 5 dot (6 dot is better).

They don't even have to be gold (unless you plan on slicing them to 6 dots). You get the same ship stats for grey and gold 5• mods.
  • Options

Respectfully disagree. Pilots mods don't care about the stats, they care that they are gold 5 dot (6 dot is better).

They don't even have to be gold (unless you plan on slicing them to 6 dots). You get the same ship stats for grey and gold 5• mods.

Wrong, every upgrade provides more stats.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Whether you like it or not, that is the nature of the development of the game, you want to get good characters, you work on worse ones, it's a ladder, otherwise by now someone could join and farm CLS as their first character. Raid Han has been made more available over the years slightly, as I suspect other raid characters might be, but event characters are accessed through events, that is the purpose of them. They are F2P accessible through time farming, not time waiting for them to be given to you. And that is as someone who is free to play.

Okay great. so please enlighten me. Which event/farm tree do I need to acquire Revan? How about Kenobi? Skywalker? Jedi Rey? Because those are the squads that beat me consistently. Sure there's the ridiculous unbalanced teams like the unkillable regenerating night sisters or bounty hunters, but I mean the real Star Wars characters. Thanks. :)

Here are the requirements for jedi knight revan, commander luke skywalker and jedi training rey:

https://swgohevents.com/event/jedi-revan-journey
    https://swgohevents.com/event/luke-skywalker-heros-journey
    https://swgohevents.com/event/rey-heros-journey

You'll get general kenobi by being in a guild that does the heroic tank raid.
  • Options
    Kisakee wrote: »

Wrong, every upgrade provides more stats.

Source
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Source
    Direct observation. Go check for yourself.

Color used to be irrelevant, but they changed that a long time ago. Now, a five pip gold mod gives more power and stats to a ship than a five pip grey mod. The actual stats on those mods don't actually matter, but getting them to gold does.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Source

Color used to be irrelevant, but they changed that a long time ago. Now, a five pip gold mod gives more power and stats to a ship than a five pip grey mod. The actual stats on those mods don't actually matter, but getting them to gold does.

I just tested your theory. Doesnt hold up. 5 pip gold mods on a toon are equivalent to 5 pip grey mods, As long as both are level 15.
  • Options
    At OP, my undergraduate department mentor used to tell me, "A little behind never hurt anybody." Consider embracing that.
  • mikebtp
    124 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    buvcuel2lggv.jpg
    Never spent a dime, just farmed hard....top 75 arena, top 25 ships
  • Options
    plindboe wrote: »

Here are the requirements for jedi knight revan, commander luke skywalker and jedi training rey:

https://swgohevents.com/event/jedi-revan-journey
    https://swgohevents.com/event/luke-skywalker-heros-journey
    https://swgohevents.com/event/rey-heros-journey

You'll get general kenobi by being in a guild that does the heroic tank raid.

Thanks!😁
  • Options

If you care to peruse the internet there are a host of different lists explaining what gets you what, as well as looking at the events in game, but here's one for you.
    ni2nxxfmqpu5.png

• RelytRepooc
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm completely F2P and lack thrawn, c3po, traya, GK, GA, Jedi Ray, padmè, Darth reven, and malak. (Some are by choice, others are completely impossible, like thrawn, Darth Reven, Traya, and padmè) I've yet to unlock relics. I have tons of G12, but zero G13 and no where close to it. The only complaints I really have is, I feel they need to allow high gear to be easier farmed, and I really really wish they would change some toons in all the stores. The only other thing I can think of, is high ranking guilds suck, bc they won't let many f2p players in, and the sith raid is impossible on heroic in my guild that has 60m+GP. I also hate the restrictions on the new guild events.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    I'm completely F2P and lack thrawn, c3po, traya, GK, GA, Jedi Ray, padmè, Darth reven, and malak. (Some are by choice, others are completely impossible, like thrawn, Darth Reven, Traya, and padmè) I've yet to unlock relics. I have tons of G12, but zero G13 and no where close to it. The only complaints I really have is, I feel they need to allow high gear to be easier farmed, and I really really wish they would change some toons in all the stores. The only other thing I can think of, is high ranking guilds suck, bc they won't let many f2p players in, and the sith raid is impossible on heroic in my guild that has 60m+GP. I also hate the restrictions on the new guild events.

@RelytRepooc I see you've been playing since launch. The fact that you don't have Thrawn (especially him), DR, Traya, and Pamde, and no G13, is entirely due to choices you've made. Any f2p playing since launch can have any or all of these if they want.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @zap Note the GP of one of your ships, then go slice a 5-dot mod on any crew member to the next color tier. Just not to 6E. You'll see an overall GP increase applied to the ship afterwards. But not the character themselves.
  • Options
    Source

That's interesting because I DID test it back then and while 6x gold mods did increase the GP a bit compared to 6x grey ones, the ship stats didn't change. So again, I'd like to see an actual dev post about that.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

@RelytRepooc I see you've been playing since launch. The fact that you don't have Thrawn (especially him), DR, Traya, and Pamde, and no G13, is entirely due to choices you've made. Any f2p playing since launch can have any or all of these if they want.

I admit I use alot of gear on Jedi Reven and Bastla and a few others. Traya is impossible for my guild, we spend 2 weeks nearly on tier 5, and unfortunately not many bigger guilds will allow f2p. Darth Reven should be unlocked next go, as unfortunately I just got the last toon unlocked and I've farmed him for roughly three mths. Jedi Reven is close to G13 but when you sim 15 times to get 1 gear sometimes none it becomes aggravating.
    Thrawn is impossible, my toons are 140-170 speed but g7-9 and I don't get but one hit before he destroys me. Padmè is probably my next focus, or Jedi Ray.
  • Options
    Source

That's interesting because I DID test it back then and while 6x gold mods did increase the GP a bit compared to 6x grey ones, the ship stats didn't change. So again, I'd like to see an actual dev post about that.

For whatever it's worth I just tested this yesterday by slicing one of Biggs's mods from green to blue. Can confirm it did increase his Crew Power. I didn't bother to check the amount of impact it had on the ship's stats, but as far as I'm aware all ship stats are derived from Crew Power, so mod color does make a least a bit of difference now.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I admit I use alot of gear on Jedi Reven and Bastla and a few others. Traya is impossible for my guild, we spend 2 weeks nearly on tier 5, and unfortunately not many bigger guilds will allow f2p. Darth Reven should be unlocked next go, as unfortunately I just got the last toon unlocked and I've farmed him for roughly three mths. Jedi Reven is close to G13 but when you sim 15 times to get 1 gear sometimes none it becomes aggravating.
    Thrawn is impossible, my toons are 140-170 speed but g7-9 and I don't get but one hit before he destroys me. Padmè is probably my next focus, or Jedi Ray.

140-170 speeds are very slow.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    140-170 speeds are very slow.
    Hera and Chopper end up in that range without mods. Sabine and Chopper end up faster than that without mods.
    Still not a he.