What am I doing wrong

Prev1
Gw main team
Qjg leader 70 6star
Lumi 70 7 star
Jc 70 7star
Sid 70 6star - nearly 7
Gs 70 4star or Dooku 70 6 star

Arena team is the same apart from lumi leads and jc is out for Dooku or 70 5 star maul

I have been playing since about December and have only
Managed to complete gw 10 times
I average around 200-400 in arena without a struggle

I hear there is an update coming that will change everything

Could someone explain this for me and offer any advice to help my team

I'm currently working on gs and phasma and the gear levels on my main characters are high

Please no geek lingo tho please as I don't understand that either ( no offence to anyone haha )

Replies

• Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    For GW: i would recommend Lumi leader (you usually dont need QGJ's extra speed, but Lumis Leader-Heal will help alot), Sid or QGJ, Dooku (moves first - stuns opposite Lumi), GS, JC (Healing)

For Arena keep QGJ lead + Dooku + Sid + GS + Lumi (or any other hard hitting Damage Dealer you havent postet here).

Just noticed, your GS is 4 Star only ... get him to 6* before using him, replace him with any other hard hitting char you have, until he got 6 star (and keep going 7 star of course).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    actually just tried a few arena matches with
    Dooku lead
    Lumi
    Gs
    Maul
    Qjg

Absolutely smashed it
  • Options
    Thanks
    I also have
    5 star yoda 4000power level 63
    AV 6 star level 66

Are there worth working on as if so where would they fit in
    Yoda seems awful in my opinion
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Cant tell much about Yoda, i dont have him. From what i've heard, he is great for attack, but his AI sucks on defense.

AV = Asajj Ventress? She is a nice backup-char for GW (stun + not too bad Damage + very nice health steal).

Just my opinion! ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Let me give you the answer.

Only smart Good looking people can clear GW everytime.

Like me.

I don't fear you Bentwookie!
  • Options
    Thanks

As I haven't started phasma properly yet I may hold off on him and concentrate on maxing out ventress, Sid and qjg as they are nearly done
    I nearly have 86 on 6 star as well so may give him a go

• Options
    Haha good input

Thanks
  • Options
    Let me give you the answer.

Only smart Good looking people can clear GW everytime.

Like me.

I don't fear you Bentwookie!

Oh snap! He just might bend you over and go wookie on you! Lol
  • Options
    Are you spending your crystals on Chromiums instead of energy refresh?
    Tekken 7
  • Options
    Try to replace Sid with IG86, you need some guys who deals some damage that GS can kill a opponent hero with his first move.
    Drake23, Its a trap
  • Options
    I clear GW every time and this is my main team:

Barriss (lead. The auto 1200 heal every turn is key to surviving long term)
    Yoda
    Lumi
    Mace
    Qui Gon

Mace is just there for fun. In arena I replace him with Sid or GS.

But honestly, the biggest factor in completing every time is having back up squads. I have a roster 3 rows deep and while my lead team is my strongest, by B and C team are likely to win a battle before getting wiped out.

Also, try sending in a suicide squad. A team you know will lose, but is armored enough to make the enemy team use their big buff, AoE and special attacks. That way, when you re-enter with your real team the enemies won't lead with a strong first turn.
  • Options
    Just have a wide bench. I have 20 gear 8 toons, 13 of them are 7*. GW is pretty easy anytime.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Pfff ... of corse, you can lead a whole army to GW ... but in case you are limited to very fiew chars (because you dont spend thousands of dollars in a mobile phone game or you dont play the game since day 1), you can just retreat, retry by attacking another char use basic instead of specials in the first round or just swap out the leader for any other of your guys ... usually this fixes already. i never used more than 7 chars (my main team + Ahsoka + Poggle) to complete GW.
    Left by design.
  • Options
    All my toons are free-to-farm... Big spenders have all available toons at 7*, man. What will you do, when EA will completely change current game meta in next update? Possibly all your 7 chars will become a decent members of B/C teams, like it happened to assaj, sid, JC and some other toons recently.
  • Options
    For GW you would rather use a team with LOWER dps - you don't want to win battles quick. Use team with three healers
  • Options
    Mikepins wrote: »
    Thanks

As I haven't started phasma properly yet I may hold off on him and concentrate on maxing out ventress, Sid and qjg as they are nearly done
    I nearly have 86 on 6 star as well so may give him a go
    Not so relevant but FYI.
    Captain Phasma is a she.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    DrMage wrote: »
    All my toons are free-to-farm... Big spenders have all available toons at 7*, man. What will you do, when EA will completely change current game meta in next update? Possibly all your 7 chars will become a decent members of B/C teams, like it happened to assaj, sid, JC and some other toons recently.
    I will adapt and level other chars.
    Left by design.
  • Options
    Cheers for all the input and FYI I know phasma is a she it was just a typo haha

Biggest let down after Han dying in the new film was finding out phasma was a woman with a camp voice
  • HeavyHitter72
    181 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    GW has always been "relatively" easy for me to complete (minus the hour of battling it takes). But I have a large rounded bench. I didn't spend more than $200 on this game (mostly on all refreshes for gear and cantina farming). I only have one 7* toon but the bench capacity is where i make up ground. I start with a weaker B squad and march through teams till I get pounded. Then retreat sub in stronger fresh toons (or another healer) and resume till hitting the next wall. increase strength again and continue. when I am stuck, suicide squad. if that fails the C-roster goes in and hopefully kills 1-2 toons before getting nuked. then I switch to my Arena Roster (one attacker subbed out so I have to fresh healers) and wipe out the road block and continue. By now I am on nodes 10-12. if I hit another road block I try a different approach using retreat (more tanks, more heal, more attack, whatever). If that fails I send in my B squad and try to win while taking a ton of damage. Then from their out I hope my top roster can drive it home. Hope this helps. I am Level 67 for reference.

PS: When they say "Use your entire collection of Characters to Battle..." they arn't lying. I go through alot of toons in GW. I am sure their are other ways to get through easily too, but this seems to work for me.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • ObranVox
    134 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Are you using the retreat option? I was unaware it existed and once I found out about it I now complete GW every day.

My team is almost identical to yours. Make sure you kill Sid first. Its always tempting to kill healers first but if Sid gets you with heal immunity, its downhill from there. I always get him out of the way first with a Sid deathblow followed buy QGJ's assist double hit. Then take out the healers.

I also use suicide squads on squads with 65+ level. For squads with 70+ level I may even use a suicide squad plus my B-team before sending in my A-Team to finish them off.

If one of your main toons bites it, just retreat and send in a suicide squad or switch a toon out until you get through it.
  • Options
    Cheers for the input as finished gw very easy today with first team still intact

Much appreciated
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Options
    I have the same team and complete it daily sometimes without having to change anything.. Are you timing your heals, prioritising certain characters to kill in the enemy teams?
  • Options
    After the advice tactics are
    Kill the heal immuners first like Sid or kylo
    Then next dangerous in order
    And lastly usually jc
  • Options
    Today I ran with
    Lumi leader
    Qjg
    dooku or ek
    Sid
    Jc
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Gw main team
    Qjg leader 70 6star
    Lumi 70 7 star
    Jc 70 7star
    Sid 70 6star - nearly 7
    Gs 70 4star or Dooku 70 6 star

Arena team is the same apart from lumi leads and jc is out for Dooku or 70 5 star maul

I have been playing since about December and have only
    Managed to complete gw 10 times
    I average around 200-400 in arena without a struggle

I hear there is an update coming that will change everything

Could someone explain this for me and offer any advice to help my team

I'm currently working on gs and phasma and the gear levels on my main characters are high

Please no geek lingo tho please as I don't understand that either ( no offence to anyone haha )

I have about 25 GW's under my belt and I'm currently level 65. I have the same team except I use Eeth instead of GS. If you're not doing the following, you should. Trying to strong-arm GW almost never works.

- You can retreat out of a battle to fully reset it if it goes bad (you do it on your own turn using the menu under the little gear in the upper-left corner).

- You should utilize suicide squads and even single characters. You can send in just one guy (you'll get a warning that your team isn't full but can still proceed) to have the opposing team use up an ability or two like Doku's lightning and Lumi's silence. These cooldowns won't reset so you'll have a better chance of taking out some of them before they can lock you up.

- Only send in a full suicide squad if you're actually planning on killing at least 1 character. Otherwise it's a waste of toons that you can be using in smaller quantities to leech abilities.

- When retreating and then reentering the battle with the exact same team and set up (same positions for all characters), be sure to attack a different character and/or us a different power than the first time as if you do everything the same, the AI will also do the exact same thing with exactly the same results (it seems like once through, the system uses predetermined results each time unless you do something different. That includes abilities and even damage results: a crit the first time will be a crit every time).
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Yeah lately I have been following the above apart from sending 1 character in if needed as didn't think of it

I have enough tips for gw at the moment I think so is there advice on arena as I am bored sitting at 3-400 and could do with the crystals

I am guessing it's because I don't have a tank in my top squad members so was thinking of continuing farming Han as rg is way down low in my power order
  • vangoh
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Just checking that you know about the retreat option. I know some people don't realize it's there.
  • Options
    Yeah only found out about it once I joined the forum
  • Options
    To amend the above, or retreat and perform the exact same action (results will be the same) up to the point where you feel you should have done something differently to turn the battle your way (like eliminating Sid faster and wasting a assisted attack on him because you know he is going to dodge what would have been a killing blow and you wanted to save the assist for the next round...for vain, because Lumi then healed him to 70% and he kicked your butt). it works both ways!
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yeah lately I have been following the above apart from sending 1 character in if needed as didn't think of it

I have enough tips for gw at the moment I think so is there advice on arena as I am bored sitting at 3-400 and could do with the crystals

I am guessing it's because I don't have a tank in my top squad members so was thinking of continuing farming Han as rg is way down low in my power order

When sending in the 1 character, try and send in a tank if you have one. I usually send in my IG-100. He usually live through 2-3 attacks, allowing for the opportunity of leeching more of the special ones.

I usually finish low 100 or high 90's each day in arena. I use the same team for arena as my GW.

QGJ (lead) 5*, JC 5*, Lumi 6*, Sid 6*, Eeth 4*. (all my guys are gear level 8 or higher)

I try to avoid teams with Doku in them (his stun is savage). I try and kill either IG-86 or GC first if they're on the team, otherwise I go for a healer. Sid I usually don't bother touching until he's the last guy as missing him several times is a total waste when you can actually be killing someone.

They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.